Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
Some more "news" if you trust Twitter

Mike Florio says on FNIA that #Bengals believe Burrow was poked in throat at some point, and that Burrow believed things would be okay before going to hospital.

8:02 PM · Oct 10, 2021 from Cincinnati, OH·Twitter for iPhone.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Word now is this is a potentially serious thing.
Gong to have to have to list your source because I'm not seeing any cause for panic.
(10-10-2021, 09:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Says who?

(10-10-2021, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: I looked everywhere..There is no news saying its serious. There's is nothing new out there...

Same.............. even Chase and other teammates didn't seem to think it's a big deal:

Quote:Burrow completed the game and was 26-of-38 passing for 381 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. Bengals rookie wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase said Burrow didn't appear to have any trouble speaking after the game.

Chase said the conversation was about "the game and how we could have got better." Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson said he was unaware of any issues with Burrow until he was asked about the situation by a reporter during his postgame news conference.

Obviously need to hope for the best and not trying to jinx us but it doesn't seen problematic.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Sorry fam might've gotten punked by a fake Twitter account.

No worries. Not that I didn’t believe you, but I’ve been refreshing my Twitter like every 20 seconds to keep tabs and hadn’t seen anything lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:40 PM)pally Wrote: weird....a Browns linebacker is on his way to the hospital with a throat contusion.  2 in one year is unusual...2 in one day is crazy

And for the record...I am all for joking but simply find it inappropriate to joke when the player is literally in the emergency room.  Jokes come after we know how he is not because we assume it is not serious

Maybe i'm opening a whole other can of worms, but something like "well, it was a tough loss to swallow" isn't nearly as bad as a "choke" 'joke'. 

So with that said, regardless, i agree it's better to wait to get the news that it's nothing serious before letting it fly. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Maybe i'm opening a whole other can of worms, but something like "well, it was a tough loss to swallow" isn't nearly as bad as a "choke" 'joke'. 

So with that said, regardless, i agree it's better to wait to get the news that it's nothing serious before letting it fly. 

Burrow said he was fine. It was a precaution.... He's fine....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are silly. Every day of this forum folks hope that our coaches lose their livelihood, make fun of Trae Waynes injuries, laugh at players on other teams getting hurt...but make a joke about JB going to the hospital out of nothing but precaution and THEN we must practice common decency...it's all we ask for.

I will join the "common decency" parade and remind those who do not do it.

Hmm, I never thought of hoping for something bad to happen to ZT so he can't coach anymore....novel idea. Ninja
Reply/Quote
This just posted on Cincinnati.com

After the Cincinnati Bengals lost to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow met Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers at midfield. Then Burrow spoke with wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase about what could have gone better during the game.

And then, according to a Bengals team spokesperson, Burrow went to a local hospital to be given a preliminary evaluation for a potential throat contusion.

It’s a very rare injury diagnosis in the NFL, and it’s more common following car accidents and boxing matches. According to Dr. Timothy Kremchek –– the team medical director for the Cincinnati Reds and a direct consultant for NFL players at Beacon Orthopaedics –– a throat contusion is a result of direct trauma to the neck.

“If people have trouble breathing or your voice changes, you’ve got to be very aware with someone who got hit in the throat that they don’t have significant injuries,” Kremchek said. “Typically they’ll go to the hospital and be evaluated by a CAT Scan just to make sure there are no fractures or threatening injuries.”

Joe Burrow fortunately got up from a big hit from the Green Bay Packers during the second quarter Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium.
If there isn’t a fracture, Kremchek said the only “rehab” process is getting the swelling down in the neck. That can happen quickly, but it’s crucial to take this type of injury seriously.

Since the voice box and the airway are at the front of the neck, a fracture can impact two parts of the body. A change in breathing patterns or a change in your voice can signal the need to be evaluated, and Kremchek said there’s typically a CAT Scan at the hospital when someone’s being evaluated for a potential throat contusion.

“They’re not common, but when they happen, you’ve got to make sure nothing is fractured,” Kremchek said. “You can’t just blow it off.”

Since there are blood vessels at the front of the neck, Kremchek said there’s the possibility of bruising. If there isn’t a fracture, the only challenge is getting the swelling down. During this process, he said it’s common to take anti-inflammatory medicine, but there’s no vigorous rehab process.

“If there isn’t anything broken like a fractured voice box and it’s all intact, you just need time,” Kremchek said. “He could be back next week. Once you make sure the airway isn’t compromised, all you do is rest and allow the swelling to go down.”

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:55 PM)Tony Wrote: Apparently Joe was poked in the throat and it could've been deliberate... 

Usually it is when someone pokes someone in the throat.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Side note, has enough time passed from the WFT game last year where we can say that Burrow KNEEds a better o-line?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow said he was fine. It was a precaution.... He's fine....

Well...i didn't even know anything about it till i read this thread. After NeverEvan McPherson missed his second kick, i got up and went outside to mow some grass and put out the Holloween decorations with the wife. I didn't even confirm they actually lost until an hour or so later. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: See, I don't agree with the sentiment, but at least I respect it from Holic/Nate because I know they're not being hypocritical. You're only like this because it is Burrow so starting all this nonsense rings hollow.

"Fat Randy needs to go. If you can’t even be counted on for a chip shot without injuring your fat ass you’re not worthy of being a professional athlete."  - Nicomo Cosca in a Gameday thread right after a Bengals player injury.

Zero concern, zero care about insulting him thoroughly and demanding a guy lose his job, and he didn't play hours of football afterwards. You just lit him up. Now that it's Burrow, all of a sudden it's time for pearl clutching. Again, I never even made a Burrow joke, but you deciding that this was the time to set up your pulpit is just outright hypocritical.

I must have missed Bullock being taken to the hospital. He faked a muscle pull. Kind of a big difference.

Anyway, your Fat Randy love continues to amuse me. Talk about a weird hill to die on.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I never thought of hoping for something bad to happen to ZT so he can't coach anymore....novel idea. Ninja

And I haven't seen anyone in this thread hoping JB can't play again, but I assume you thought you had a point..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I must have missed Bullock being taken to the hospital.

Well, he's going to have a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack eventually.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And I haven't seen anyone in this thread hoping JB can't play again, but I assume you thought you had a point..

Damn dude, I used the ninja and everything but you still slam dunked on me.  I think I need a "no big deal" trip to the hospital now.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, has enough time passed from the WFT game last year where we can say that Burrow KNEEds a better o-line?

You're such a cad. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I must have missed Bullock being taken to the hospital. He faked a muscle pull. Kind of a big difference.

Anyway, your Fat Randy love continues to amuse me. Talk about a weird hill to die on.

But, what if it was serious and Randy lost a big toe or something?  He probably got looked at too. Did you wait until you knew he wasn't hurt to post that?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Damn dude, I used the ninja and everything but you still slam dunked on me.  I think I need a "no big deal" trip to the hospital now.

I should have practiced common decency and concerned myself with your emotional well being..

But when you do go the the hospital tell JB, bfine said breathe easy..

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:21 PM)Tony Wrote: But, what if it was serious and Randy lost a big toe or something?  He probably got looked at too. Did you wait until you knew he wasn't hurt to post that?

Folks were making fun of Randy before he hobbled off the field. They should have practiced common decency. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not going for a burn or anything, I just don't like the fact that someone is suddenly is throwing out terms like "disgusting", "classless", and "bipolar drama queens" to describe our fellow board members in clear hypocrisy in an attempt to take the moral highground.

At least just own the fact that it's this one specific player you care about protecting rather than all Bengals players.

Again, huge difference between a rant (not a joke) in a GDT about a player with a pulled muscle (or maybe even a faked pulled muscle), and a guy having to be taken to the hospital for a THROAT injury. Now, I’m no doctor, but throat’s seem pretty vital, and also pretty vulnerable. A pulled muscle is not even close in terms of severity to reports of a player “having trouble talking.”

So let me be more specific here, I think it’s disgusting to joke about a potentially serious injury.

Reply/Quote
With the Bengals and the injury history, if they had diagnosed me with athlete's foot, I'd go to the hospital.
Reply/Quote