Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow took Bates to UFC 276
(07-05-2022, 06:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: White dude from Athens trying to throw up gang signs.... or is he an AC/DC fan, or a fan of the Longhorns??? What exactly are you doing, Joe? Bates pulling off his best Stevie impersonation.... Hilarious

Think that is just the Rock On sign. Rock On

Made me laugh about the Stevie Wonder impression. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Technically 2 teammates. 

EDIT: What is this little suggestions bubble that now appears in the bottom right when you're posting??

Not sure what you mean there, bud?  Is it when I post or every time you post?  I don't see anything...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 06:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not sure what you mean there, bud?  Is it when I post or every time you post?  I don't see anything...

There's a little green icon that spins in the lower right/ hand corner of my text bow when I reply. I think it might be tied to "Grammarly"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow did not take Bates.  They went together.  In fact it was more likely Bates idea.  He was the one who rounded up teammates to work out together last offseason, not Burrow.

And it has zero to do with contract negotiations or "sending a message" to the team.

I read at least 3 reports saying Burrow was taking Bates to Vegas like 3 weeks before they went. They were all Praising Burrow for being a leader and trying to keep Bates here.. links were posted all over. I think cincy jungle was 1 of them... I think Burrow said it in 1 of his press conferences too and I know for a fact he brought Bates up and said he deserved to get paid and wanted Bates to remain on the team, as to keep the young core together. It's really not that hard to believe Burrow is stepping up for a teammate...
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 02:02 PM)JUDAS MESIAS Wrote: Burrow talked about going to this event weeks ago. He's a huge UFC fan and has went to other shows.

Yea , I saw it weeks ago. Burrow even specifically talked about Bates and how he was taking him to Vegas and how much he wanted him to get a contract and remain on the team..
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on SHRacer. That is all I can say, great post. Cool

You would think Bates would be thinking about a huge contract if he plays well,  betting on himself like Lamar is... Bates kinda had a down year last year. He could really up his value this year..
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 06:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: White dude from Athens trying to throw up gang signs.... or is he an AC/DC fan, or a fan of the Longhorns??? What exactly are you doing, Joe? Bates pulling off his best Stevie impersonation.... Hilarious

He's throwing up the "horns" sign.. Ronnie James did invented it, in the late 70s.. So he claims. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 12:27 PM)Tony Wrote: You would think Bates would be thinking about a huge contract if he plays well,  betting on himself like Lamar is... Bates kinda had a down year last year. He could really up his value this year..

Yes and then he can go somewhere else and collect. In the meantime, Dax and Tycen can learn behind him and Bell and
we can extend Bell next Offseason for much cheaper who is a leader for us.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2022, 12:20 AM)Tony Wrote: It's been all over , Burrow is really trying to get him to stay. Took him to Vegas...

Sorry if I was Joe I would fight for Boyd over Bates
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry if I was Joe I would fight for Boyd over Bates

There's no way we can keep Boyd and Tee.. It's not even a choice between the 2. If you can keep Tee , you do it 100 out of 100 times. We can replace the slot easier. Tee is younger with a ton more upside too.. I really don't see a scenario where they can keep all 3 wrs together,  although that would be ideal.. Boyd is oldest and gonna be the odd man out. Maybe he takes a team friendly deal though...
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 12:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes and then he can go somewhere else and collect. In the meantime, Dax and Tycen can learn behind him and Bell and
we can extend Bell next Offseason for much cheaper who is a leader for us.

Isn't Bell getting up there in age? I could see Jesse resigning maybe. I think when Bells contract is up hes gone though. Most likely why they drafted 3 safetys. Good chance Bell and Bates are both gone next year..
Reply/Quote
Rapien on Bates and Burrow going to Vegas impact on Bates future...
https://youtu.be/ix1vRz2eKAo
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:05 PM)Tony Wrote: There's no way we can keep Boyd and Tee.. It's not even a choice between the 2. If you can keep Tee , you do it 100 out of 100 times. We can replace the slot easier. Tee is younger with a ton more upside too.. I really don't see a scenario where they can keep all 3 wrs together,  although that would be ideal.. Boyd is oldest and gonna be the odd man out. Maybe he takes a team friendly deal though...

Agree completely and a Slot WR is a lot easier to replace than a big outside WR like Tee...

Even if Boyd is one of the best Slot's in the game, a good one is easier to find.

(07-07-2022, 02:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Isn't Bell getting up there in age? I could see Jesse resigning maybe. I think when Bells contract is up hes gone though. Most likely why they drafted 3 safetys. Good chance Bell and Bates are both gone next year..

He isn't that old, I think we could extend him for a couple years with no fall off.

This all depends on how our young Safeties come around of course. I do like both of them and Dax can be an enforcer
somewhat like Bell at Strong Safety even if I think Dax is more of a Free, but he is really versatile so its all good.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree completely and a Slot WR is a lot easier to replace than a big outside WR like Tee...

Even if Boyd is one of the best Slot's in the game, a good one is easier to find.

He isn't that old, I think we could extend him for a couple years with no fall off.

This all depends on how our young Safeties come around of course. I do like both of them and Dax can be an enforcer
somewhat like Bell at Strong Safety even if I think Dax is more of a Free, but he is really versatile so its all good.
Boyd will be much cheaper to sign then Higgins. The reality of the situation is Higgins is likely gone the only question is when. Dude will probably be worth 25+ Million(a year). Keep in mind that Chase is going to get 30 + Million a year.

The problem with Bell and to an extent Hilton  for that matter is that 1.) Neither are overly athletic and be Both will be  29 next season.  I don't see the FO offering a big time extension to Bell and could see the FO cutting Hilton next off season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We aren't keeping Bell because we spent the first two picks on DBs this year. He is as good as gone once this contracts are up.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry if I was Joe I would fight for Boyd over Bates

I'm not sure confident pro athletes think like this. JB most likely thinks he can handle the O; give the D the help. 

It was why Boomer wanted out of Cincy; even before they drafted Klingler, we was asking MB to draft Defense. 

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:19 PM)J24 Wrote: Boyd will be much cheaper to sign then Higgins. The reality of the situation is Higgins is likely gone the only question is when. Dude will probably be worth 25+ Million(a year). Keep in mind that Chase is going to get 30 + Million a year.

The problem with Bell and to an extent Hilton  for that matter is that 1.) Neither are overly athletic and be Both will be  29 next season.  I don't see the FO offering a big time extension to Bell and could see the FO cutting Hilton next off season.

That would make me sad. Really like Mike and he is arguably the best Slot Corner in the NFL. He is smart and athletic.

Don't know why you say Hilton isn't overly athletic, dude makes all kinds of crazy plays. Very instinctive and a great blitzer.

Sure as hell don't want us cutting him anytime soon. He can play for at least 3 more years pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would make me sad. Really like Mike and he is arguably the best Slot Corner in the NFL. He is smart and athletic.

Don't know why you say Hilton isn't overly athletic, dude makes all kinds of crazy plays. Very instinctive and a great blitzer.

Sure as hell don't want us cutting him anytime soon. He can play for at least 3 more years pretty damn sure.

Compared to Hill, Anderson, Bates, and Britt. Hilton isn't that Athletic and isn't as big. I agree he is a good player but if we keep Bates then he is logical cut.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:39 PM)J24 Wrote: Compared to Hill, Anderson, Bates, and Britt. Hilton isn't that Athletic and isn't as big. I agree he is a good player but if we keep Bates then he is logical cut.

Nothing about keeping Bates makes cutting Hilton logical. It will mean the end of Bell and Flowers, but we have no one with Hilton's skillset on the team. We do have some great boundary prospects

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing about keeping Bates makes cutting Hilton logical. It will mean the end of Bell and Flowers, but we have no one with Hilton's skillset on the team. We do have some great boundary prospects

Daxton Hill as the same exact skill set as Hilton but is only bigger, quicker, and longer. Also are we forgetting that Beckham was dicing us up in the Superbowl from the slot.  Hilton  is a good player but he does have is limitations.
J24

Reply/Quote