Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. Herbert
(12-05-2021, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What are we arguing about? I lost track and I want to argue too.

Well, I see posts that post actual statistics getting "thumbs down" ratings, so I'd wager we're mostly just squabbling for the hell of it at this point.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Mixon is running like Jim Brown shouldn't an elite QB have like 6 TDs and 0 INTs during that span?  A great run game should open up our stacked WR group for major gains, not turn the QB into Mitch Trubisky.

The browns game and lack of touchdown passes against pitt and vegas are skewing his overall stats the last 5 games

Also his first interception today was not his fault. Did you watch the game?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The browns game and lack of touchdown passes against pitt and vegas are skewing his overall stats the last 5 games

Also his first interception today was not his fault. Did you watch the game?

Yeah, I hear ya.  The tipped INT thing counting against the QB is a drag, but I always figured that it happens to everyone so they just sort of let it slide and assume it all evens out.

Chase today looked like what we were afraid he'd look like when he was crapping up the pre-season, I'll give you that.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It makes plenty of sense. You’re essentially saying his 20-24 performance against Pitt was bad. You’re saying his performance against Vegas was bad. Why would he throw anything else but short high% passes those games? The defense and running game were both dominant.

The td% does he have to throw touchdowns when Mixon is scoring them all? Also burrow running for touchdowns himself?

Use. Your. Brain.

His Pitt performance was fine but it would have been much better if he didn’t throw the pick. His Cleveland performance sucked. His Oakland performance was mediocre. Today, he stunk, with an asterisk due to the injury. He isn’t throwing a bunch of short, high % passes. His air yards per attempt has only dropped nine percent between the two time frames. He is still pushing the ball, he just isn’t having the same success.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 19 sacks in the last 5 weeks, on 167 pass attempts.

A sack per every 8.8 throws, which is not good, for anyone unfamiliar with how those ratios usually look.

It's been getting worst too... The pass blocking was atrocious today..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:48 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Say what you want about how today went but overall Herbert wins and showed why he IS the better QB . 
I give Burrow credit for playing nicely with that pinky issue  but Herbert just jumps off the page with talent  every time I watch him.
As for the Bengals in general? I wonder how many fans will continue to show up for these  BIG games at home after they continue to sh* t the bed in games like this 

I don't think so.  I saw a lot of jump balls that his guys got, and that is pretty lucky.  One got picked and he didn't do much the 2nd half...not that he had to...and we had zero pass rush again. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: His Pitt performance was fine but it would have been much better if he didn’t throw the pick. His Cleveland performance sucked. His Oakland performance was mediocre. Today, he stunk, with an asterisk due to the injury. He isn’t throwing a bunch of short, high % passes. His air yards per attempt has only dropped nine percent between the two time frames. He is still pushing the ball, he just isn’t having the same success.

His Oakland performance was fine. His Pitt performance was good. It doesn’t pop out in the stat book, so of course you could use it for your narrative.

Burrow played well today considering the pinky injury, and the first interception was completely Jamarr Chase’s fault.

The stat book puts that int on burrow, when we all know that was on Jamarr chase
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think so.  I saw a lot of jump balls that his guys got, and that is pretty lucky.  One got picked and he didn't do much the 2nd half...not that he had to...and we had zero pass rush again. 

We had 4 to 5 sacks, the guy put some throws on the dime .. his Int was like a Punt, 3rd and forever and actually the guy had the ball.. Burrow had a jump ball TD to Higgins should we we say that was lucky.. 

In the end, he had 3 TDs, 1 int and a 4th quarter that they did not need to throw much up 16 points most of it.. he was solid 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: His Oakland performance was fine. His Pitt performance was good. It doesn’t pop out in the stat book, so of course you could use it for your narrative.

Burrow played well today considering the pinky injury, and the first interception was completely Jamarr Chase’s fault.

The stat book puts that int on burrow, when we all know that was on Jamarr chase

You can't have 3 turnovers and say you played well.. I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that..
Reply/Quote
Interesting stat so far this season, Burrow is 2-5 with throwing the ball 30 or more times.. we are a better team and Burrow is better when we run the ball more effective and don;t need to put the ball up over 30 passes
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:22 PM)Tony Wrote: You can't have 3 turnovers and say you played well.. I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that..

In the stat book it’s 3 turnovers, yes

In reality, Burrow was responsible for 2 of them. Unless you think the first one wasn’t jamarr’s fault?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Interesting stat so far this season, Burrow is 2-5 with throwing the ball 30 or more times.. we are a better team and Burrow is better when we run the ball more effective and don;t need to put the ball up over 30 passes

Yea but he played mediocre against Vegas and pittsburgh because it doesn’t look flashy in the stat book.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: His Oakland performance was fine. His Pitt performance was good. It doesn’t pop out in the stat book, so of course you could use it for your narrative.

You say fine, I say mediocre. We’re saying the same thing. The Pittsburgh performance was good, but the rest have not been good. There is no narrative I’m crafting here. I’m giving you the data and providing the context with it. If you want to add subjectivity to todays performance, then be my guest but it wasn’t a good performance overall. He had roughly an 80 QB rating even if we eliminate the first interception, and then there is the fumble to contend with.

He didn’t play well, and he has regressed over the past few weeks. This doesn’t mean he is a bum.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea but he played mediocre against Vegas and pittsburgh because it doesn’t look flashy in the stat book.

The point is we do play better as a team when we have balance, Burrow is better with balance, at this point in his career best not to have him throwing ball in the 30s/40s times.. he is a better game manager that way..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You say fine, I say mediocre. We’re saying the same thing. The Pittsburgh performance was good, but the rest have not been good. There is no narrative I’m crafting here. I’m giving you the data and providing the context with it. If you want to add subjectivity to todays performance, then be my guest but it wasn’t a good performance overall. He had roughly an 80 QB rating even if we eliminate the first interception, and then there is the fumble to contend with.

He didn’t play well, and he has regressed over the past few weeks. This doesn’t mean he is a bum.

So his jets performance wasn’t good?

Because it looks good in the stat book. Better than his Pitt game. And he scored 2 touchdowns(1 rushing) to 1 int that game
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:57 PM)Tony Wrote: Maybe teams are figuring him out? Something is definitely off since the Jets game though..

I don't think it's a fatal flaw with Burrow. I just think teams know they can shade Chase and remove the big play fairly easily. We need a response. Vs the Raiders and Steelers, the answer was Mixon...but Mixon didn't didn't have it today.

They also need to figure out why Joe is throwing so many picks and put a stop to it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So his jets performance wasn’t good?

Because it looks good in the stat book. Better than his Pitt game

Sorry, yes, the Jets game he played well.

Jets - Great game
Steelers - Good game
Raiders - Mediocre
Chargers - Bad
Browns - Awful
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: In the stat book it’s 3 turnovers, yes

In reality, Burrow was responsible for 2 of them. Unless you think the first one wasn’t jamarr’s fault?

In this day and age I'd wager some website keeps track of INT stats taking defenders dropping obvious picks and WRs turning legit passes into INTs into considersation, no? 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think it's a fatal flaw with Burrow. I just think teams know they can shade Chase and remove the big play fairly easily. We need a response. Vs the Raiders and Steelers, the answer was Mixon...but Mixon didn't didn't have it today.

They also need to figure out why Joe is throwing so many picks and put a stop to it.

Joe’s clearly a gun slinger at heart. It’s only his 2nd year though which means improvement

Plus to have a QB rating as high as he does even with all those ints? That shows how good of a qb he is.

If burrow isn’t passing your eye test, get better glasses
Reply/Quote
Hope Bates gained some respect for “the kid” since he got burned all day.
Reply/Quote