Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. Herbert
(12-05-2021, 07:32 PM)Tony Wrote: You might be right,  The afc is a jumbled mess.. Needed this win bad today.. stuck in the Pack with the rest now..

It's hard to imagine CLE taking our playoff spot, but I don't see why they won't at this point lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:32 PM)Tony Wrote: You might be right,  The afc is a jumbled mess.. Needed this win bad today.. stuck in the Pack with the rest now..

Agreed..nobody seems to want to pull away with it. Hell the Ravens lose today and we're one game out of the #1 seed.

WTS, it is good to be talking playoffs at this time of year instead of "Are we going to lose enough to get Sewell". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 11:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This game isn't Burrow vs. Herbert.  It is Bengals vs. Chargers.  It doesn't matter if they run the ball more than they throw it, it is about getting the win.

HOWEVER, knowing Burrow as I think I do.....

I think it matters to HIM that the league see him as the better of the two QBs.  He knows that he had a lesser first season, and the injury only further heightened that opinion.

I think Burrow will have a little extra motivation today.  I just think that perception matters to him.  He would never say it, but here is to Joe having a huge game and bringing home the win.  

Who Dey

Well you are correct about the game, it is Team vs. Team but I think today showed the opposite in motivation .. Herbert came out with the clip on his shoulder and dominated the 1st quarter into early 2nd quarter that pretty much put Chargers in the position to win this game
Reply/Quote
Herbert is good, but nothing screams he’s better than Burrow. He folded under pressure as well. His big plays were basically toss ups to gigantic receivers.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Chase has been dreadful recently, to be honest. The drops have been killer.

First 7 games:
35-754-6 (51 targets)
1831 yard and 14 TD pace
14.78 yards per target
5-2 record

Last 5 games:
20-204-2 (39 targets)
694 yard and 7 TD pace
5.23 yards per target
2-3 record

Burrow has also regressed hard over this span, obviously.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's hard to imagine CLE taking our playoff spot, but I don't see why they won't at this point lol

I could see it happening.. I really don't have much faith with the remaining schedule... We have watched this play out many times before. Remember 06?.. I'm guessing 9 wins is what they end up with.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:37 PM)Tony Wrote: I could see it happening.. I really don't have much faith with the remaining schedule... We have watched this play out many times before. Remember 06?.. I'm guessing 9 wins is what they end up with.. 

Did 3 of us make the playoffs that year? Lol.

Shit even if the Steelers win today they could take the spot from us. This division is stupid this year, as long as CLE and PIT don't get in lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: First 7 games:
35-754-6 (51 targets)
1831 yard and 14 TD pace
14.78 yards per target
5-2 record

Last 5 games:
20-204-2 (39 targets)
694 yard and 7 TD pace
5.23 yards per target
2-3 record

Burrow has also regressed hard over this span, obviously.

When they took Chase away, Burrow went downhill quick.. Coincidence??
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well you are correct about the game, it is Team vs. Team but I think today showed the opposite in motivation .. Herbert came out with the clip on his shoulder and dominated the 1st quarter into early 2nd quarter that pretty much put Chargers in the position to win this game

You say dominate but in he threw jump balls with zero pressure to 1 on 1 receivers that made great plays. In reality the Chargers receivers dominated and Herbert managed early but struggled late.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did 3 of us make the playoffs that year? Lol.

Shit even if the Steelers win today they could take the spot from us. This division is stupid this year, as long as CLE and PIT don't get in lol

We were 7-4 at 1 point and went on a skid and missed the playoffs.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Burrow has also regressed hard over this span, obviously.

Explain...

He statistically played well against the jets, stunk it up against Cleveland

Played game manager with the 2 big wins against Oakland and pittsburgh due to the run game going off

300 yards 2 touchdowns and 2 ints today

I wouldn’t call that stretch “regressing”

The 2-3 record has you thinking Burrow somehow regressed
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:38 PM)Tony Wrote: When they took Chase away, Burrow went downhill quick.. Coincidence??

Needless to say, Burrow has a huge issue with the picks right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:27 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I wonder if Chase is one of those guys who focuses more when he gets some criticism or heat from coaches, teammates, and even the fans.

Actually, a common thread is the whole team seems to be handling success poorly. When we are favored to win we don't play our best football.

Then too, having two offensive linemen and our Kick Returner out really hurt us. Both Trey Hill and Prince got penalties in the first half and gave up pressures (possibly sacks). And returning those kicks was a bad idea -- one of them looked like it was going out of bounds. We could have had the ball at the 35 instead of the 12.

We were favoured against the Stoolers, the Lions, the Vikes (I think) and Jax.

So not entirely true.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Needless to say, Burrow has a huge issue with the picks right now.

One of them was Jamarr’s fault
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Explain...

He statistically played well against the jets, stunk it up against Cleveland

Played game manager with the 2 big wins against Oakland and pittsburgh due to the run game going off

300 yards 2 touchdowns and 2 ints today

I wouldn’t call that stretch “regressing”

The 2-3 record has you thinking Burrow somehow regressed

Don't forget the fumble...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Needless to say, Burrow has a huge issue with the picks right now.

Yeah, throwing that pick in the endzone when the game was still within optimistic reach was a real nutcracker.  I'm no football talking guy, but a QB's INT rate increasing in his second year sounds a little spooky.

Oh crap, this is the Burrow v Herbert thread...has Herbert's INT % increased too?

EDIT - Guess so....Burrow went from 1.2 to 3.5 and Herbert went from 1.7 to 2.3.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Needless to say, Burrow has a huge issue with the picks right now.

I've been saying it's a problem since the Jets.. At least 3 losses are  because of his turnovers... Now, I'm not saying he can't get it fixed, but as of now it's a huge problem...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:45 PM)Tony Wrote: Don't forget the fumble...

I still wouldn’t call the last 5 games regression on Burrow’s part

Burrow played bad against Cleveland. That’s the only game I can say he played bad in. He was ok today. I’m not putting that Jamarr int on burrow even though it’ll say that in the stat book
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Needless to say, Burrow has a huge issue with the picks right now.

(12-05-2021, 07:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, throwing that pick in the endzone when the game was still within optimistic reach was a real nutcracker. 

This isn’t just a Joe Burrow problem. It’s a Cincinnati Bengals problem writ large. Why do I say this? Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer did the same things. It might be the quarterback coach. It might be the route trees. It might be the horrible pass protection. It might be a combination of all three.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: One of them was Jamarr’s fault

I hate so much how that counts against Burrow. He drops an absolute dime that should have been 6 and yet that pick knocks down Joe’s rating.

Reply/Quote