Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. Herbert
(12-05-2021, 07:15 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Chase turned a possible TD and absolute Burrow dime into an interception. People are going to slobber all over Herbert for a while and that’s fine. Joe was not in a position to be successful today.

If the 2020 draft had a “do over” and I HAD to pick a quarterback I would still pick Joe Burrow over Justin Herbert.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm on the side of JB being the better QB, but Herbert has an elite arm and is a great tackler.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If the 2020 draft had a “do over” and I HAD to pick a quarterback I would still pick Joe Burrow over Justin Herbert.

Yep. And for me it’s not close. And I like Herbert a lot.
Reply/Quote
I would pick Burrow everything else being equal, Herbert has a cannon that Burrow won't have, but I'm pretty sure Joe can throw the ball way up in the air and let a 6'8 receiver try and catch it.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't really matter which one we pick....as we saw yet again today. All you need is a big game and the Bengals show their true stripes...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:20 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Yep. And for me it’s not close.  And I like Herbert a lot.

Herbert fits LA and Burrow fits Cincy....
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:58 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: The Chase TD drop turned into an INT was one of the worst and most costly drops I can remember.

That and the Mixon Fumble. Who woulda thought Burrow, Mixon, and Chase would be the reason they lost..
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:23 PM)Tony Wrote: That and the Mixon Fumble. Who woulda thought Burrow, Mixon, and Chase would be the reason they lost..

Even Money had some problems today! I'm wondering what that kid will do when it starts to snow lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Doesn't really matter which one we pick....as we saw yet again today. All you need is a big game and the Bengals show their true stripes...

Was last week a big game? Was the Raiders game after the bye and a 2 game losing streak a big game?

I get folks are mad we lost, but quit trying to spin the same old jaded narratives. This team has won plenty big games this year. Hell today's loss doesn't even take us out of the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
Burrow was 100% the right pick. But you’re deluding yourself if you don’t think Justin Herbert has outplayed him so far.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was last week a big game? Was the Raiders game after the bye and a 2 game losing streak a big game?

I get folks are mad we lost, but quit trying to spin the same old jaded narratives. This team has won plenty big games this year. Hell today's loss doesn't even take us out of the playoffs.

It might if Denver wins tonight...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:25 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Burrow was 100% the right pick. But you’re deluding yourself if you don’t think Justin Herbert has outplayed him so far.

Stat don't lie. Herbert has been the better QB..
Reply/Quote
Other than the pick in the end zone (which was terrible) I thought Burrow played great under the circumstances. Busted up finger, a couple scrubs on his OL, drops galore, etc.

The rushing TD’s are very encouraging. His mobility seems like it’s really getting back to where it was pre-injury.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Chase is one of those guys who focuses more when he gets some criticism or heat from coaches, teammates, and even the fans.

Actually, a common thread is the whole team seems to be handling success poorly. When we are favored to win we don't play our best football.

Then too, having two offensive linemen and our Kick Returner out really hurt us. Both Trey Hill and Prince got penalties in the first half and gave up pressures (possibly sacks). And returning those kicks was a bad idea -- one of them looked like it was going out of bounds. We could have had the ball at the 35 instead of the 12.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Other than the pick in the end zone (which was terrible) I thought Burrow played great under the circumstances. Busted up finger, a couple scrubs on his OL, drops galore, etc.

The rushing TD’s are very encouraging. His mobility seems like it’s really getting back to where it was pre-injury.

The turnovers are the only thing that worries me about Joe at this point, and I guess you could say it's serious at this point.. I'm not saying he can't fix it, but it's definitely a problem...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:27 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I wonder if Chase is one of those guys who focuses more when he gets some criticism or heat from coaches, teammates, and even the fans.

Actually, a common thread is the whole team seems to be handling success poorly. When we are favored to win we don't play our best football.

Then too, having two offensive linemen and our Kick Returner out really hurt us. Both Trey Hill and Prince got penalties in the first half and gave up pressures (possibly sacks). And returning those kicks was a bad idea -- one of them looked like it was going out of bounds. We could have had the ball at the 35 instead of the 12.

That can be expected from children, it's the coach who isn't manipulating the situation well, hell even he's a kid! lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:26 PM)Tony Wrote: It might if Denver wins tonight...

IDK, Cincy and KC would then have the same record with Cincy having a better AFC record. 

Reply/Quote
Burrow WRs played worse than Heberts WRs

Mixons fumble changed the momentum of the game
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, Cincy and KC would then have the same record with Cincy having a better AFC record. 

You might be right,  The afc is a jumbled mess.. Needed this win bad today.. stuck in the Pack with the rest now..
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow has a better passer rating and a broken finger but the chargers won today. So that means Herbert is better. Don’t argue my logic
Reply/Quote