Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. Herbert
(12-06-2021, 07:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: sus-60gw8n.jpg]

Man, I really gotta start proof reading... 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:51 PM)Tony Wrote: He made me miss Eric Ghiaciuc...

Meh.  Hill is a 6th round backup with minimal NFL snaps.  Ghiaciuc was an actual starter for awhile.  That's a significantly worse scenario.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:51 PM)Tony Wrote: He made me miss Eric Ghiaciuc...

He's been awful! I get it he's a rookie, and will likely improve, but damn.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Burrow isnt playing game manager this year. He's had some games where he's played game manager, like the raiders and steelers games, but for the most part, he's slinging it. Downfield. Taking chances.

Game manager doesn't seem to be his preference in style of play. But in the games where that's been asked of him, he still ends up throwing an int. The one thing game managers aren't supposed to do, turn the ball over, hence his high int rate even though he's throwing less than average amount of passes. 

Some of that is scheme, pass pro, ect... but he does have to take some blame. Yesterday for example, I don't think herbert outplayed him per say, as he made less difficult throws to more open wrs, but burrow panicked when he had a clean pocket only looking downfield and not looking at any check downs or short routes on a few occasions. 

It's all stuff he can clean up, but the drastic drop off in production since teams have started focusing chase, is a legit reason for people to have some concerns. I think he'll be fine in the long run personally, as he's still just a 2nd year qb and as has been said despite all the ints, he still has a good qb rating, accuracy, and pushing the ball downfield. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:39 PM)Synric Wrote: You say dominate but in he threw jump balls with zero pressure to 1 on 1 receivers that made great plays. In reality the Chargers receivers dominated and Herbert managed early but struggled late.

So you are saying when Higgins out jumps the Chargers for a TD that is fine but when Williams from SD it is lucky ?  Herbert game out hot in 1st quarter that set the tone for SD.  As for struggling late, what is late ? I don;t consider 3rd quarter late. Herbert cooled in the 3rd but no Ints in 2nd half and he then in 4th helped put the game away  after SD went up 9 with Mixon fumble, Burrow and Bengals went 3 and out with us just down by 9, Herbert then went 3 for 3 for 52 yards that setup a 1 yard rushing TD that iced the game with like 8 minutes left.  After that Chargers were up 16 and they pretty much ran the ball, Herbert was 1-1 as they were just running the ball last couple of drives.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 10:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you are saying when Higgins out jumps the Chargers for a TD that is fine but when Williams from SD it is lucky ?  

yea some fans are reaching there
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 08:20 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I don't need a guide to tell me how old someone is. There's no formula for someone's age. Joe is 24 

Yes, Joe is 24. That has never been in debate. Congrats for stating it for the 4th time like I have ever said differently. He's in his age 25 season, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Cincy drafts Herbert, Chargers draft Burrow. What would their records be?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:02 AM)Destro Wrote: Cincy drafts Herbert, Chargers draft Burrow. What would their records be?

We'd be posting about how Burrow is better than Herbert and it was dumb passing on the Heisman, undefeated season, greatest college QB season ever guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:04 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We'd be posting about how Burrow is better than Herbert and it was dumb passing on the Heisman, undefeated season, greatest college QB season ever guy.

It hurts to think that a franchise that has a single SB appearance and will play 17 games in front of a hostile crowd per year would make either QB look better than he would look here. 

Hell, the Chargers have a rookie HC....they should be 0-11 right now.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:04 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We'd be posting about how Burrow is better than Herbert and it was dumb passing on the Heisman, undefeated season, greatest college QB season ever guy.

You might be right lol...
Reply/Quote

100%. No doubt in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:02 AM)Destro Wrote: Cincy drafts Herbert, Chargers draft Burrow. What would their records be?

Probably 7-5 and 7-5, you know like, they are now .
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't they have a BIG home game just last week?

That didn't count..... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: First 7 games:
35-754-6 (51 targets)
1831 yard and 14 TD pace
14.78 yards per target
5-2 record

Last 5 games:
20-204-2 (39 targets)
694 yard and 7 TD pace
5.23 yards per target
2-3 record

Burrow has also regressed hard over this span, obviously.

.....but he threw for 300 Sunday with a bum finger, scored two TDs, just had the usual head scratching INT he's been good for this year. Ja'Marr Chase was awful, Uzo showed up small, and Mixon had a meh day with a really costly fumble.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hmm... you don’t read well do you? Or do you not have a good memory?

The 2 wins against pitt and Vegas, he wasn’t asked to play great and put up gaudy numbers. When the run game is rolling, and the defense is balling, all you have to do is play like Alex Smith

He played good the jets game, he played well today considering that first interception wasn’t his fault, it’s jamarr and his inconsistent hands’ fault

Cleveland was a bad game by Burrow.

Cleveland and Chicago were all on Burrow, otherwise he's played pretty well.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Two of 3 turnovers recorded stat wise were on other players though. Strip Sack on a delayed deep crosser and a perfect sideline deep ball bobbled into the corners hands. Stats lie tape doesnt.

Yep, and then there were the drops of absolutely perfectly placed balls. 

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: Cleveland and Chicago were all on Burrow, otherwise he's played pretty well.

Forgot Green Bay. 5 of the first 7 Bengals drives were 3 plays with 4 punts and 1 INT. Plus the pretty awful OT interception.

And of course the recent brutal start to the Chargers game. Fumble, Int (Chase), 3-and-out x2. Built that 24-0 deficit. Rough end, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Forgot Green Bay. 5 of the first 7 Bengals drives were 3 plays with 4 punts and 1 INT. Plus the pretty awful OT interception.

And of course the recent brutal start to the Chargers game. Fumble, Int (Chase), 3-and-out x2. Built that 24-0 deficit. Rough end, too.

Those missed kicks though....

Any time a team turns the ball over four times, your chances aren't very good. 

I'm still putting those two losses on Joe, Sunday was a group effort on offense. He had really one bad throw, the end zone INT. There were several drops of very well placed balls. Hell, Uzomah has his own disappearing act thread, and SURE disappeared against LAC. GB he had a big part of, but so did our kicker, plus we couldn't run the ball for shit early on.

Reply/Quote

7-5

I know bold take
Reply/Quote