Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow was rumored to be having dinner with Ekeler

Even someone on reddit said they had a source saying that Burrow and co was having dinner with a potential free agent. This is all unconfirmed so far but if the Bengals landed Ekeler that would be huge!!
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:02 AM)Trademark Wrote: Even someone on reddit said they had a source saying that Burrow and co was having dinner with a potential free agent. This is all unconfirmed so far but if the Bengals landed Ekeler that would be huge!!

You do know Ekeler is not a free agent, right?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You do know Ekeler is not a free agent, right?

He was given permission from the Chargers to seek a trade, so not a free agent, but still on the market.

It stemmed from him wanting an extension from the Chargers, though, so I don't love the idea of trading for AND extending a RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was given permission from the Chargers to seek a trade, so not a free agent, but still on the market.

It stemmed from him wanting an extension from the Chargers, though, so I don't love the idea of trading for AND extending a RB.

Yeah but you can't pass up on Ekeler if you have the chance, he's one of the best RB's in the league
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Funny I saw this, about the same time NFL Total Access was replaying on my TV and they were talking about the trade request and they finished the segment by asking one of the guys to pick Ekeler's best fit and he went with Cincinnati.

Said Ekeler has been carrying the Chargers offensively and is leading the league by a mile in TDs the last two years. And he is a/the team leader. And fitting a guy who is so dangerous and accustomed to being the go to option into our offense makes us even more scary.

I really don't think the Chargers or Ekeler would like our offer though. We would have to compensate them and pay him. And he had 300 touches last year.

I'd hop right on board with it. But I have serious doubts.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:51 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Funny I saw this, about the same time NFL Total Access was replaying on my TV and they were talking about the trade request and they finished the segment by asking one of the guys to pick Ekeler's best fit and he went with Cincinnati.

Said Ekeler has been carrying the Chargers offensively and is leading the league by a mile in TDs the last two years. And he is a/the team leader. And fitting a guy who is so dangerous and accustomed to being the go to option into our offense makes us even more scary.

I really don't think the Chargers or Ekeler would like our offer though. We would have to compensate them and pay him. And he had 300 touches last year.

I'd hop right on board with it. But I have serious doubts.

Wonder if we could ship them Mixon in the deal Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:03 AM)pulses Wrote: Wonder if we could ship them Mixon in the deal Cool

Mixon and a 7th round pick.
Reply/Quote
Well we did just lose a running back...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 06:31 AM)bengalsboy Wrote: Mixon and a 7th round pick.

I'd go for that. I really can't remember the last time I saw Mixon break one and take it to the house. 
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy to see the team add Ekeler. If he's acquired, hopefully the OL gets healthy and allows Ekeler to flash his RB tools on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

It shouldn’t take much to trade for ekeler. I would say a 5th would get it done, because we have to take on the salary and probably renegotiate. That being said I wouldn’t do it because he’s going to want a bigger deal and we all know paying rb big money isn’t the right move
Reply/Quote
Bengals want to shed money at RB not pay another 10m a year guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:03 AM)pulses Wrote: Wonder if we could ship them Mixon in the deal Cool

Exactly my thoughts....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The last time we swapped RBs with the Chargers worked out pretty well for us didn’t it? I’m in the Draft A Guy, Don’t Pay the Guy Camp myself..but its not MY money so…..
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:04 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: The last time we swapped RBs with the Chargers worked out pretty well for us didn’t it? I’m in the Draft A Guy, Don’t Pay the Guy Camp myself..but its not MY money so…..

That was an aging vet, well past his prime, for a young up and comer, who had been used sparingly at that point in his career.

This is completely the opposite.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

It shouldn’t take much to trade for ekeler. I would say a 5th would get it done, because we have to take on the salary and probably renegotiate. That being said I wouldn’t do it because he’s going to want a bigger deal and we all know paying rb big money isn’t the right move
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd be happy to see the team add Ekeler. If he's acquired, hopefully the OL gets healthy and allows Ekeler to flash his RB tools on the field.

He wants a new contract and the Chargers won't give him one. He'll be 28 at the start of the season.

I don't know that giving a RB a big 3rd contract makes sense...
Reply/Quote
I think we need to adopt the model where we build the offensive line and then plug cheap, drafted guys in.

Seems to be what KC is doing. Pacheco looked pretty awesome for a later pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He wants a new contract and the Chargers won't give him one. He'll be 28 at the start of the season.

I don't know that giving a RB a big 3rd contract makes sense...

I agree, I tossed out my view without considering the contract. It's an easy on the field move to support but it's not that simple because of salary considerations.
Reply/Quote
I love Ekeler, possibly my favorite RB in the league. I don't really want him on Cincinnati, though, because he is going to be expensive. I hope they don't pull this trade off.
Reply/Quote