Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow would be fine with a decent offensive line
I think of this every O line thread. Just think if they chose Orlando Brown over Malik Jefferson. Brown went two picks after Jefferson.

But Malik got the free Pizza Hut for a year by being the 70-something pick or whatever. He had a shredded physique so he probably didn’t each much pizza. So maybe if Orlando was the pick, he might’ve ate himself out of the league and cut a year later like Malik? Who knows?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:04 AM)Synric Wrote: You know perspective is a funny thing. 

Trey Hopkins is playing on such a bad line that his level of play is alluded. Nate Livings who played at around the same level as Hopkins is still bashed to this day because he was the worst starter on a solid offensive line lol.

Like I often say there’s “NFL good” and then there’s “Cincinnati good.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s fine now

He’s actually making this line look better than what it is with his pocket presence and accuracy
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 4? I’d say we’re set at C and LT (hopefully). So more like 2-3. Unless you’re talking depth.

If you have one, you have none, especially in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:52 AM)Au165 Wrote:
Eventually he will start connecting on some of the deep shots, and then things will be scary good.

I agree.  They keep getting closer and closer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Burrow has played well and looks like a future elite QB. That said, the o-line is there to keep the QB from getting the snot knocked out of him. They're failing in that regard. It also hurts our offense when the QB gets sacked and has to face 3rd and long. This isn't rocket science. Fix the line. Any QB is better with time to throw.

Frankly, it's absurd that we're still talking about this after 4 straight seasons with the same achilles heel. Yes, they've thrown some picks at the line, but they really haven't done anything noteworthy in free agency. I don't consider moves like XSF "noteworthy". The only big move we've made is trading for Glenn.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 01:26 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Burrow has played well and looks like a future elite QB. That said, the o-line is there to keep the QB from getting the snot knocked out of him. They're failing in that regard. It also hurts our offense when the QB gets sacked and has to face 3rd and long. This isn't rocket science. Fix the line. Any QB is better with time to throw.

Frankly, it's absurd that we're still talking about this after 4 straight seasons with the same achilles heel. Yes, they've thrown some picks at the line, but they really haven't done anything noteworthy in free agency. I don't consider moves like XSF "noteworthy". The only big move we've made is trading for Glenn.

And the irony there is that trade cost us the chance at Frank Ragnow...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote