Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrows Last Pass
Donald obliterated the OL. Burrow somehow gave Perine a chance.

I wish there was another angle of that pass and how close it was to Perine. That’s a ball you lay out for. Maybe it was a lot further than it looked, but the optics look like Perine didn’t even try.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:23 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Donald obliterated the OL.  Burrow somehow gave Perine a chance.  

I wish there was another angle of that pass and how close it was to Perine.  That’s a ball you lay out for.  Maybe it was a lot further than it looked, but the optics look like Perine didn’t even try.

I saw a low sideline angle from further down the field and I think it was 3 or 4 yards away from Perine. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:23 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Donald obliterated the OL.  Burrow somehow gave Perine a chance.  

I wish there was another angle of that pass and how close it was to Perine.  That’s a ball you lay out for.  Maybe it was a lot further than it looked, but the optics look like Perine didn’t even try.

From memory, I think Perine didn't get it because he's just not as athletic as Mixon or Higgins or what-have-you. Someone that's capable of contorting their body would've probably had a better chance at catching it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’ll make you sick when you see it, but as Burrow was getting ready to go down, the CB on Chase had fallen down, and Chase was 100% wide open. It was there, he just needed one more second.

Fix the offensive line.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: I saw a low sideline angle from further down the field and I think it was 3 or 4 yards away from Perine. 

Actually, now that I think about it I think I am thinking of the Comeback route to Chase on 3rd down earlier in the hald.
Reply/Quote
McVay said when he saw us shotgun 4th and 1, he knew the game was over. We almost won the superbowl with this line, Burrow could have probably retired afterwards, saved his long-term health, and in some way we would have understood (lol). If we can consistently convert 3rd and short, however that happens (fixing the line), we would not have been in that position.

We knew the line was a problem but simultaneously we almost won with it, which makes little sense. So damn close.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It’ll make you sick when you see it, but as Burrow was getting ready to go down, the CB on Chase had fallen down, and Chase was 100% wide open. It was there, he just needed one more second.

Fix the offensive line.

The final offensive play of the game:

[Image: FLibjjjVIAE469R?format=jpg&name=large]
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It’ll make you sick when you see it, but as Burrow was getting ready to go down, the CB on Chase had fallen down, and Chase was 100% wide open. It was there, he just needed one more second.

Fix the offensive line.

I hope I don’t see it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The final offensive play of the game:

...that moment you realize if he had another second Chase smoked Ramsey....again
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: From memory, I think Perine didn't get it because he's just not as athletic as Mixon or Higgins or what-have-you. Someone that's capable of contorting their body would've probably had a better chance at catching it.

Just rewatched the play, the ball came out and landed at Perine's feet. I don't think anyone could have gotten it.
Reply/Quote
That pic of chase is throw-up worthy.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The final offensive play of the game:

That close.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The final offensive play of the game:

Oh that hurts. That is a SB trophy right there. Damn. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just rewatched the play, the ball came out and landed at Perine's feet. I don't think anyone could have gotten it.

That’s a ball you lay out for. It wasn’t an impossible catch.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh that hurts. That is a SB trophy right there. Damn. 

They were cover 1 so I am guessing there is a single high off camera out there but still....you'd have loved to heave it up there and take a shot. His progression was left to right though so I don't think he was ever going to make it there.
Reply/Quote

Definitely could have done without seeing that.  Breaks my heart.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: They were cover 1 so I am guessing there is a single high off camera out there but still....you'd have loved to heave it up there and take a shot. His progression was left to right though so I don't think he was ever going to make it there.

Yeah, there is a Safety in the middle of the field there that may have been able to prevent the TD, but at minimum, with one more second, Burrow could have gotten that ball to Chase to put the Bengals in range for Shooter. 
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:36 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s a ball you lay out for.  It wasn’t an impossible catch.

We get it,,,you weren't impressed with Perine's play last night. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: They were cover 1 so I am guessing there is a single high off camera out there but still....you'd have loved to heave it up there and take a shot. His progression was left to right though so I don't think he was ever going to make it there.

Yeah. I'd love to see the All-22 and figure out what kind of space Chase was working with. With Ramsey seemingly falling down, Burrow would have had some room to get that ball out to Chase and potentially have him work in open space. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:36 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s a ball you lay out for.  It wasn’t an impossible catch.

Explain how you "lay out" for a ball hitting the ground at your feet. If he "layed out" he would have been even further away. And it happened in a flash. 
Reply/Quote