Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By the numbers
Looks like an assault on the record book may be coming. It would mean a good year but it's possible some of these will happen.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Numbers-game-marks-the-spot/aba8bba1-3425-4b40-8656-ebfaf10d806f
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 09:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like an assault on the record book may be coming. It would mean a good year but it's possible some of these will happen.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Numbers-game-marks-the-spot/aba8bba1-3425-4b40-8656-ebfaf10d806f

It would be nice to see many of those records fall. But the main number I wanna see is (1-6) !
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It would be nice to see many of those records fall. But the main number I wanna see is (1-6) !

Why not 4-6? Or even better 3-6
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why not 4-6? Or even better 3-6

Let's start with 1 and see where it takes us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:54 AM)McC Wrote: Let's start with 1 and see where it takes us.

Right ! 3-6 or whatever would be great but lets just get the giant monkey off our back first.
Reply/Quote
2 _ 100-yard rushing games running back Jeremy Hill needs to pass Ickey Woods (5).

Then only 23 more to pass Corey Dillon. Rolleyes

Why is this even on the list?

Plus it is not even accurate. Hill already has 5 100-yard rushing games, the exact same number as Weeds. They are currently tied for 8th place on the Bengals all-time 100 yard game list behind Paul Robinson, Harold Green, Pete Johnson, Cedris benson, james Brooks, Rudi Johnson, and Dillon.
Reply/Quote
6 - QBs who have started in the Bengals’ 0-10 franchise-long streak in Oakland. Andy Dalton gets his shot in the Sept. 13 opener. (Dewey Warren, 1968; Greg Cook, 1969; Ken Anderson, 1971, ’74, ’75, ’76, ’80; Neil O’Donnell, 1998; Jon Kitna 2003; Carson Palmer 2009)

I actually forgot how we lost that 2009 game in Oakland...33 seconds left and Caldwell fumbles the kickoff to give the Raiders a shot at the winning FG. Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 6 - QBs who have started in the Bengals’ 0-10 franchise-long streak in Oakland. Andy Dalton gets his shot in the Sept. 13 opener. (Dewey Warren, 1968; Greg Cook, 1969; Ken Anderson, 1971, ’74, ’75, ’76, ’80; Neil O’Donnell, 1998; Jon Kitna 2003; Carson Palmer 2009)

I actually forgot how we lost that 2009 game in Oakland...33 seconds left and Caldwell fumbles the kickoff to give the Raiders a shot at the winning FG. Ouch.

ohhh Nothing like bengal memories =(

LOL...

Lets go dalton all these should be obtainable for you (except that one where you need another year or so to pass boomer)

They might still all hate on you afterwards but get it done anyways.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 6 - QBs who have started in the Bengals’ 0-10 franchise-long streak in Oakland. Andy Dalton gets his shot in the Sept. 13 opener. (Dewey Warren, 1968; Greg Cook,  1969; Ken Anderson, 1971, ’74, ’75, ’76, ’80; Neil O’Donnell, 1998; Jon Kitna 2003; Carson Palmer 2009)

I actually forgot how we lost that 2009 game in Oakland...33 seconds left and Caldwell fumbles the kickoff to give the Raiders a shot at the winning FG.  Ouch.

That's when a lot of the fan base turned on Caldwell. Remember that during the offseason we signed Matt Jones. People were foolish enough to think Jones was something special.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why not 4-6? Or even better 3-6

yeah i think the best way to get past Wild card weekend would be not having to play in it at all lol
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 04:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ohhh Nothing like bengal memories =(

LOL...

Lets go dalton all these should be obtainable for you  (except that one where you need another year or so to pass boomer)

They might still all hate on you afterwards but get it done anyways.

I think some fans will always hate Dalton even if we win a SB with him.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think some fans will always hate Dalton even if we win a SB with him.

I say let's put this theory to the test.

Seriously, though, Andy would be a god in these parts and rightfully so.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 2 _ 100-yard rushing games running back Jeremy Hill needs to pass Ickey Woods (5).

Then only 23 more to pass Corey Dillon. Rolleyes

Why is this even on the list?

Plus it is not even accurate.  Hill already has 5 100-yard rushing games, the exact same number as Weeds.  They are currently tied for 8th place on the Bengals all-time 100 yard game list behind Paul Robinson, Harold Green, Pete Johnson, Cedris benson, james Brooks, Rudi Johnson, and Dillon.

I thought this as well when I went through the list.  Ickey Woods?   Next they'll compare someone to Odell Thurman.  Decent players but basically one hit wonders.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 04:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's when a lot of the fan base turned on Caldwell. Remember that during the offseason we signed Matt Jones. People were foolish enough to think Jones was something special.
Man why are you hating on the white Chris Henry?(JK)
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think some fans will always hate Dalton even if we win a SB with him.

He may not get hated on, but he won't get any credit.  Just like when he had a good season in 2013 and suddenly we had the best receiving corps in the entire league.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think some fans will always hate Dalton even if we win a single playoff game with him.

At least it's a little bit more realistic, now. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Here's a number for you, that we all will like!

75DAYS till Bengals regular season opener....

WHO DEY!!! Rock On Wink
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

(06-27-2015, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He may not get hated on, but he won't get any credit.  Just like when he had a good season in 2013 and suddenly we had the best receiving corps in the entire league.

I dunno. I'm ok with Dalton, but I get where some of his detractors are coming from. I think most of them would shut up if he won a SB. Honestly, I think most of them would stop complaining if he won a playoff game and had above a 60 passer rating doing it.

A SB win and being at least .500 on TD/INT through the playoffs would make Dalton pretty untouchable.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:38 PM)McC Wrote: I say let's put this theory to the test.

Seriously, though, Andy would be a god in these parts and rightfully so.

I would have to disagree as some then would have to admit that they were wrong about him and I do not see many of them manning up enough to do so.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 05:58 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would have to disagree as some then would have to admit that they were wrong about him and I do not see many of them manning up enough to do so.

I would be absolutely, 100%, positively thrilled to come back on here at 11:00 on a Sunday night in some distant February and take back each and every single word I ever said about Marvin or Mikey (I've been fairly neutral on Andy).  And you better believe that immediately after the gun and many moments of joyous celebration and a nude lap or two around the neighborhood, I would be right here for my huge helping of crow, with all the side dishes. 

I'm afraid I'll never get the chance, though.  Fingers crossed. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote