Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bye Bye Jonah...
(01-22-2023, 08:28 PM)TheFan Wrote: He was a solid multi year starter for the Texans. 

I think 33 games started . Just solid in picking him up. It wasn’t easy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'm also in shock about the oline play like I'm sure a lot of people are. Very nice to see. Does anyone think the snow played a significant role.
I know they mentioned it during the game. But it does seem like it would not only slow down the first step but also hurt the bull rush. But after saying all that our guys were still getting pressure even if they couldn't turn them into sacks.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:11 PM)Tony Wrote: Sorry not sorry.. I'm in complete shock over this Oline.. They didn't just hold up they dominated..

I don't know if he always wanted to be LT, or if he simply didn't think he had to work when he first got here, or if it was lingering effects from his back injury at Clemson, but the boy played his ass off today!!!

Not signing Jonah long term could allow Tee AND Ja'Marr to sign here!!! (I can dream).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know if he always wanted to be LT, or if he simply didn't think he had to work when he first got here, or if it was lingering effects from his back injury at Clemson, but the boy played his ass off today!!!

Not signing Jonah long term could allow Tee AND Ja'Marr to sign here!!! (I can dream).  

Absolutely, if we don’t have to give Jonnah 12-15M per, we can at least resign Pratt or Wilson. Honestly it’s what this team needs. If we want to keep burrow, higigns, Chase, we need to let some guys go and rely on rookie contracts. But let’s see how he does vs eagles or 49ers first. Those boys can get pressure.
Reply/Quote
OL played beyond my expectations so hats off to all. Jonah is actually quite good from a technique standpoint but his primary issue is his arms are on the shorter side. He's honestly better suited to be an OG but I suspect next year will be the last for him. You've got to remember about Carman, he spent his time at Clemson as an LT. He's a mountain of a man so perhaps due to his youth he's starting to put things together. Regardless, the Bengals have to draft an OT in day 1 or day 2 this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:45 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Absolutely, if we don’t have to give Jonnah 12-15M per, we can at least resign Pratt or Wilson. Honestly it’s what this team needs. If we want to keep burrow, higigns, Chase, we need to let some guys go and rely on rookie contracts. But let’s see how he does vs eagles or 49ers first. Those boys can get pressure.

I don't recall seeing much of Sample today, but Ossai, Tupou, Carter, and some other backups really shined today.  Total team win.  So happy for CTB to get an amazing INT to seal it.  He had been getting closer and closer.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: wth is Max Sharping? never heard of this guy before.. yet he did his job. Finally back ups that can hold their own? what dimension are we living in?

All this week i kept thinking of the Tenn game in '20. The sky was falling all that week and the patchwork Oline came out and played very well in a win. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:17 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He did bully people. He was standing guys up on pass plays and pushing guys around in the run game. His run blocking is far more powerful than Jonah and it really isnt close. 

I'm looking forward to the rewatch. I did see him absolutely toss a couple fools on a couple different plays. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Agree with a lot of the takes, but want to pump the brakes a tad. And this is coming from a guy who thought the OL issues would doom us today. I am not sure if we were that good, or if Buffalo was just poor. Without Miller, they lost a LOT on the DL. A little of both, I suppose. I mean, I thought Burrow would get it out fast and we'd be able to throw it vs their depleted secondary. But I was STUNNED at the ability to run it.

Jonah is gonna be here next year. His dead cap number is over $12 million. But I think LT may be an open competition. RT, too the way Adeniji is playing. Both Jonah & Collins have experience at guard.

I would not rush a not quite fully healthy Jonah back at this point. If Carman turns into a legit franchise LT that would be an unbelievable turn of events. Adeniji as a competent RT would also be huge.
Reply/Quote
Let's not jump the gun. I'm nearly giddy with the performance of the OL today. But I also realize they weren't exactly facing Bosa or Parsons. And I also wonder if the slippery surface helped the offensive line. Let's see what they have next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: Let's not jump the gun. I'm nearly giddy with the performance of the OL today. But I also realize they weren't exactly facing Bosa or Parsons. And I also wonder if the slippery surface helped the offensive line. Let's see what they have next week.

I would say fair enough, but Buffalo's o-line struggled and they should be used to snow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know if he always wanted to be LT, or if he simply didn't think he had to work when he first got here, or if it was lingering effects from his back injury at Clemson, but the boy played his ass off today!!!

He was interviewed the other day about it. He has always been a tackle. He mentioned the fact he had surgery, but talked about how much faster things are at guard, and that the increased hand speed and body awareness he learned at guard will make him a better tackle.
Reply/Quote
I'll take a cautious approach... before the game announcers were sayin that D-line can struggle in snow weather so it favors the o-line.

Just going to enjoy this and hope for the same outcome next week.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 08:55 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'll take a cautious approach... before the game announcers were sayin that D-line can struggle in snow weather so it favors the o-line.

Just going to enjoy this and hope for the same outcome next week.

And yet our d line dominated their o line
Reply/Quote
So what is that.... 10 in a row?
Reply/Quote
Congratulations on the huge win Bengal fans!!
Reply/Quote
What's really important is how the poor Atlanta hospitality industry got the shaft..LOL Now what are they gonna do with all the extra booze other than have extended happy hours the rest of the year? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Last time the O-Line was crowned as being great, they collapsed. Measure the excitement. They did their job very well. Now do that consistently.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Carman proving his 2nd round grade today.

We all wrote him off. We should all eat some crow
Reply/Quote
Wow, bailing on Jonah and giving Carman the job after a one start sample size. Bold strategy, cotton.

I think a lot of the OL success today had to do with a mediocre Bills DL and the snow. They played well, but let's pump the brakes.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote