Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bye Week Games That Could Help Bengals
(11-13-2022, 10:28 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I'm not so sure the Browns will be better with Watson.  They are a ground and pound team.  If they change that up and he starts throwing it all over the yard that just doesn't fit what they're really good at.

Why would he have to throw it all over the place? Ravens have a great running game without great running backs, Watson is a running QB who will get great opportunities to run while teams have to focus on Chubb and Hunt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is the Browns defense that shut down the Bengals? Coaches should be ashamed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Stains will be highly competitive once Watson gets acclimated. May take a few games.

Ps. They are getting smoked in Miami. Could have used their help in landing the Fins a L

At least the Titans are losing. For now anyway. Ugggg

Really need the Chargers to lose tonight vs SanFran
Reply/Quote
Literally no team is helping us out today.
Reply/Quote
^ yup

Titans now up 14-10

Argggg
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:07 PM)Whacked Wrote: Stains will be highly competitive once Watson gets acclimated. May take a few games.

Ps. They are getting smoked in Miami. Could have used their help in landing the Fins a L

At least the Titans are losing. For now anyway. Ugggg

Really need the Chargers to lose tonight vs SanFran

I think we would want Tenn to win wouldn’t we?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
And that's what you get when you root for the Browns Hilarious
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think we would want Tenn to win wouldn’t we?

Yea, if theyre going to win the division we want them to beat everyone in the conference.
Reply/Quote
Do we have to feel dirty to root for the 9ers?
Reply/Quote
Buffalo's loss should help. Now, three teams in that division with 3 losses and they play each other.

The Bills/Vikings game was one for the ages. The Vikings had to complete a 4th and 18 to stay alive (down by 4) and Jefferson made an unbelievable catch. One of the most remarkable that I have ever seen. Then they have 4th and 1 foot from the end zone and are stopped. So, twice it looked like the game was over. Then Buffalo inexplicably fumbles on the 1 foot line and the ball is recovered in the end zone. Now it looks like Vikings will win. But the Bills drive the length of the field for a tying FG and overtime. The game finally ended with an Allen interception in the end zone, a play after they seemed to have completed a winning TD but the ball was knocked out of the receiver's hands.

Simply a stunning game.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This is the Browns defense that shut down the Bengals?  Coaches should be ashamed.

Why should the Defensive Coaches of the Browns be ashamed for shutting down the Bengals?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why should the Defensive Coaches of the Browns be ashamed for shutting down the Bengals?

Because they suck the other 15 games?

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 05:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And that's what you get when you root for the Browns  Hilarious

I for one was happy to see them lose, would have been much better had the steelers lost though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I for one was happy to see them lose, would have been much better had the steelers lost though. 

Yup. 

As much as my head says a Browns win helps the Bengals...eff that. I don't want to see Baltimore, Pitt or Cleveland win. EvAr!

**** those guys. Bengals just need to go out and beat who they need to beat and not worry about someone else "helping them". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I for one was happy to see them lose, would have been much better had the steelers lost though. 

Other than the joy of seeing The Steelers lose, that one doesn't matter. N.O. should have started Winston; don't they know Andy's record v. the Steelers.

WTS: I don't know Andy's record versus the Steelers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Other than the joy of seeing The Steelers lose, that one doesn't matter. N.O. should have started Winston; don't they know Andy's record v. the Steelers.

I bet it's not great.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 08:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. 

As much as my head says a Browns win helps the Bengals...eff that. I don't want to see Baltimore, Pitt or Cleveland win. EvAr!

**** those guys. Bengals just need to go out and beat who they need to beat and not worry about someone else "helping them". 

Agree 100%

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Other than the joy of seeing The Steelers lose, that one doesn't matter. N.O. should have started Winston; don't they know Andy's record v. the Steelers.

Fair point and we've all had to witness so many of those losses. 

Just off top of my head the only one I really recall is when Andy just threw it up there to a double teamed AJ for a TD that tied the game. 

Seems AJ got injured on the play too, but maybe I'm wrong. 

Maybe Dalton and the Bengals lost that one as well lol, I forget, but will never forget that AJ Green catch. 

Yep, the steelers had Dalton's # and apparently still do.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 09:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The Keebler Browns   

[Image: th?id=OIP.xxZaqZxzaASaZJ8bICZlngHaEK&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: th?id=OIP.7yc8MHrKC8zrLb0kQzi8-AHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]

Not Elf's but Brownies.   I remember this from 1960's before Bengals.   Now I'm not sure if The Brownie mascot was before or after Paul Brown.  I do know after firing Paul Brown, Art Modell and others tried to say the team was named after Brownies and later after Jimmy Brown.  Of course Paul Brown started the team in the World War II era of The Great Lakes League which were big US Navy Defense Bases of Navy Training, many Soldiers and many Battle Ships in and out.  Paul Brown named them the Browns because that is his name.   My guess is The Brownie came after he was fired, but I'm not sure.   This was way before The Keeble Elf.   They use to call these things Brownies.  Girls too young to be Girl Scouts also could join The Brownies and later become Girl Scouts.  

Anyway, The Browns got destroyed and they are not a good team.  Bengals should hang their heads in shame for losses to Steelers and Browns this year, because their records show they are not good teams. Getting swept by either of these teams would be shameful by the AFC Champ Bengals.

49ers beat Chargers and that helps Bengals.  Not sure how much Vikings beating Bills helps, but it doesn't hurt.   Since Bengals beat Miami and need to beat Cleveland, I really don't think that game means as much.  Chargers loss helps in Wild Card race.  We now know in the NFC, the Vikings are plenty tough in 2022. My guess is Zimmer didn't leave the cupboard as bare as Lewis did here in Cincy. This new coach took over a team with Jefferson at WR, who is dominating as much as any WR in NFL. We can add Vikings to possible Super Bowl teams. With some wins, The Super Bowl Bengals could show don't forget about Who Dey in Super Bowl talk.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:18 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Fair point and we've all had to witness so many of those losses. 

Just off top of my head the only one I really recall is when Andy just threw it up there to a double teamed AJ for a TD that tied the game. 

Seems AJ got injured on the play too, but maybe I'm wrong. 

Maybe Dalton and the Bengals lost that one as well lol, I forget, but will never forget that AJ Green catch. 

Yep, the steelers had Dalton's # and apparently still do.

If I'm thinking of the same catch, I believe that was Andy and AJ's rookie season and it came in the home game. We did lose that one but it was far more competitive than anybody thought it would be. AJ I think maybe hyperextended his leg, but I believe he played the rest of the game?

In terms of the topic:

Titans winning - I personally don't see this as much of a negative. They won't be in competition with us for a wildcard anyway and it definitely removes Denver from the conversation. 
Chargers loss - Obviously good.
Dolphins win - I've personally accepted they likely make it in.
AFC East - As already said, this division being so tight with the Bills losing means MIA/BUF/NYJ will have to beat up on each other at some point. I think one of these will drop off a little once they fall behind the other two, and safest prediction for that would be the Jets. But they've been surprisingly good this year so maybe shouldn't doubt them.
Reply/Quote