Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Week Plans?
What do you do with the time during bye week? Watch other games? Catch up on yard work? what is your plans for the time to go "bye" quicker?

And do you like or dislike bye weeks?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What do you do with the time during bye week?  Watch other games? Catch up on yard work? what is your plans for the time to go "bye" quicker?  

As someone who really got more involved in football once I started doing fantasy football, I dislike bye weeks lol.
Although I play and care about FFB less and less as the years go by.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My wife is not a football fan, so she does not follow the schedule. So, if I volunteered that there were no Bengals game on, I might get a honey-do list, or be roped into a shopping trip somewhere. So that morning when she asks "Football on today? (Implying are the Bengals playing), I will just answer "Yes!" and spend the day watching Redzone. I'm sure we'll get Browns/Dolphins and Saints/Steelers for our 1:00 games, anyway.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Redzone all day
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: My wife is not a football fan, so she does not follow the schedule.  So, if I volunteered that there were no Bengals game on, I might get a honey-do list, or be roped into a shopping trip somewhere.  So that morning when she asks "Football on today? (Implying are the Bengals playing), I will just answer "Yes!" and spend the day watching Redzone.  I'm sure we'll get Browns/Dolphins and Saints/Steelers for our 1:00 games, anyway.

That's a dangerous game but a risk well worth taking. 

Great strategy but hide the cast iron frying pan beforehand just in case she reads your bluff. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: My wife is not a football fan, so she does not follow the schedule.  So, if I volunteered that there were no Bengals game on, I might get a honey-do list, or be roped into a shopping trip somewhere.  So that morning when she asks "Football on today? (Implying are the Bengals playing), I will just answer "Yes!" and spend the day watching Redzone.  I'm sure we'll get Browns/Dolphins and Saints/Steelers for our 1:00 games, anyway.

See, my wife hopes that I will be content eating, drinking and watching football all day.  All of our kids are grown and out of the house, so when I get project minded and need an extra hand, she knows that she's going to get drafted into service.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:06 PM)Garrus Wrote: Redzone all day

I tried redzone my first season that I moved to TN.
It jumps around way too much for my liking.

I don't mind changing over to different games, but finish the drive first!
I feel like often they switch between games after just one down.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, my wife hopes that I will be content eating, drinking and watching football all day.  All of our kids are grown and out of the house, so when I get project minded and need an extra hand, she knows that she's going to get drafted into service.

Way to turn the tables! You younger husbands out there need to pay attention.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That's a dangerous game but a risk well worth taking. 

Great strategy but hide the cast iron frying pan beforehand just in case she reads your bluff. 

Sleep with one eye open!
Reply/Quote
Either go somewhere like Wings & Rings or BDubs and watch a lot of games (as opposed to just the Bengals), or I might go play in a 10k guaranteed poker tournament downtown because I haven't played in any live tourneys since Covid hit.

I'm in second in the league that matters with all my friends and I'm projected to win by 19 this week, but then I also might want to watch

I might go and place more bets for us to win the Super Bowl, Burrow for MVP, and for us to win the AFC Title game because I can't find my sheet with the bets I placed before the season but I'd have to go to Indiana because it's not legal in Cinci til the first of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:33 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Sleep with one eye open!

Gripping your pillow tight
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:33 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Sleep with one eye open!

We're off to never-never land 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I've found that i really enjoy non-1pm Bengals games. I have a lot going on in the yard and on Sunday morning/afternoons i can turn redzone on my phone, prop it on the table i have back there and do all my yard work while enjoying a bunch of football games. I typically listen to music on my bluetooth speakers but on Sundays now it's football. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I tried redzone my first season that I moved to TN.
It jumps around way too much for my liking.

I don't mind changing over to different games, but finish the drive first!
I feel like often they switch between games after just one down.

Serious question. Do you yell at clouds? Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Serious question. Do you yell at clouds? Ninja

On some level you have to admire that level of tenacity.  

[Image: 3ad.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Splitin' a tuna on rye & fries with Marv.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Q0QNbQU0d7MILECDCgIELwHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]

Oh the giggles we will have.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What do you do with the time during bye week?  Watch other games? Catch up on yard work? what is your plans for the time to go "bye" quicker?  

Hopefully making my wife happy by turning a quickie into a longie with the extra time afforded to no football to distract me.
Reply/Quote
Praying there is another quality AFC game on but even the great games pale in comparison.

Hate bye weeks
Reply/Quote
Last weekend of games before the stupid World Cup ruins everything for a month.

Cash some brownie points in with the wife, go get drunk with friends fall through the door at 5am wake up instantly regretting decision to go out, lay on sofa watch red zone.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 08:48 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Splitin' a tuna on rye & fries with Marv.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Q0QNbQU0d7MILECDCgIELwHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]

Oh the giggles we will have.

Look at that Smile!! LOL!!  Giggles..  Rep.
Reply/Quote