Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope the Ski Trip was....
(11-01-2019, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: But they are still letting one of their carefully monitored 32 brands deteriorate.  All 32 teams are under the NFL umbrella and they are very careful on how they let these 32 valuable brands operate as seen by the whole league needing to approve moving a team or changing names/logos etc.

Maybe the Bengals fans who gave up on the team started buying other jerseys and traveling to other stadiums, but it's not likely a 1 to 1 ratio.  I can tell you that I know a lot of people who are Steeler fans in the most casual sense but finding someone who still cares about baseball thanks to nearly 30 years of crap Pirates ownership is a difficult task.

I actually go to about 5 Pirate games a year...mainly to see other teams. But, yes...I get that point.

I kind of like the Pirates being bad though. Cheap tickets. Not as crowded. Easy parking.

It's like I get a VIP experience to every game!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I actually go to about 5 Pirate games a year...mainly to see other teams. But, yes...I get that point.

I kind of like the Pirates being bad though. Cheap tickets. Not as crowded. Easy parking.

It's like I get a VIP experience to every game!

I used to work in the strip and my buddy and I would print up stub hub upper deck tickets and got to Pirates games all the time just for something to do on a whim...it was like $5 a ticket and this was in 2013 or so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. I'm not letting them off the hook, per se. It's a bad look for sure, especially for this franchise. Just saying that in this age of technology, it's possible to do their job from half way across the globe. 

True, but remember that perception is a big deal in marketing. Granted, the Browns have demonstrated they couldn't give a single God damn, one tiny flying f#$k about how they are viewed or perceived, but still ...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 01:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: True, but remember that perception is a big deal in marketing. Granted, the Browns have demonstrated they couldn't give a single God damn, one tiny flying f#$k about how they are viewed or perceived, but still ...

That's the issue...people can't just buy NFL teams or start them because the NFL is careful about who they let in (remember...Trump tried to buy the Bills) and Mike Brown is grandfathered in and what he does might not be seen as pulling his weight in this exclusive club.

NFL owners and the head folks are super rich and people tend not to get super rich because they're ok with dragging the dead weight of people (they aren't related to).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote