Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA standard capacity magazine ban declared unconstitutional
https://ksby.com/news/2019/04/02/a-federal-judge-overturns-ban-on-high-capacity-magazines-in-ca-now-the-state-attorney-general-is-trying-to-delay-it

So, a judge actually respected SCOTUS precedent via the Heller case and declared CA's magazine ban to be unconstitutional. Every online and brick and mortar retailer is now selling ans shipping standard capacity magazine to CA as fast as possible. I've seen comments, no solid sources, that millions of magazines have now been purchased by CA residents. Of course, I am thrilled by this.

However, I did not start this thread to gloat about this result, I started it to highlight how unnecessary these laws are in the first place. If the ban is not in effect at the national level, and the Constitution would forbid that, then such a ban is ineffective to begin with. Additionally, criminals using a gun to commit a crime are hardly going to be deterred by the fact that their magazine holds more bullets than allowed by law.

In any event, the floodgates have opened and even if (I should really say when) the 9th circuit reinstates the ban millions more magazines are now in the hands of law abiding citizens. Seems rather pointless to reinstate it, no?