Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Draft Class
I know this years draft is pretty deep when it comes to CB's. But does anyone think that the injuries to Jones, Moreau and charges against Lewis will pressure the Bengals to select CB sooner than they would like. With PAC Man's future up in the air and not knowing what we have in WJ3 yet, I think it's safe to assume they will be looking for another CB having 11 picks. The question is how soon now. Everyone knows how Son of Paul likes his corners.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 02:24 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I know this years draft is pretty deep when it comes to CB's. But does anyone think that the injuries to Jones, Moreau and charges against Lewis will pressure the Bengals to select CB sooner than they would like. With PAC Man's future up in the air and not knowing what we have in WJ3 yet, I think it's safe to assume they will be looking for another CB having 11 picks. The question is how soon now. Everyone knows how Son of Paul likes his corners.
Well we have 8 cbs on the roster. I see them selecting one in the 4th or 5th but none in the first 4 rounds imo.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 02:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Well we have 8 cbs on the roster. I see them selecting one in the 4th or 5th but none in the first 4 rounds imo.

I like the colorado CB  Chidobe Awuzie.
Reply/Quote
If Jones is on the team we got a solid 5. Jones,Shaw,Dre,Dennard and WJ3 no need to draft a guy high might even have the 6th guy on the team already. He will most likely be replaced by a higher draft choice in future drafts before he ever gets on the field in a game. I hope they don't make Jones return punts or kicks this year the guy is 32 he has paid his dues. How many other starting players that are over 30 do you see on special teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 11:34 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: If Jones is on the team we got a solid 5. Jones,Shaw,Dre,Dennard and WJ3 no need to draft a guy high might even have the 6th guy on the team already. He will most likely be replaced by a higher draft choice in future drafts before he ever gets on the field in a game. I hope they don't make Jones return punts or kicks this year the guy is 32 he has paid his dues. How many other starting players that are over 30 do you see on special teams.

Most of us know Jones will remain on the team. As far as him returning kicks, he is better than avg so if we need him, I say use him. Specially if we are as solid at CB as you point out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 11:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Most of us know Jones will remain on the team. As far as him returning kicks, he is better than avg so if we need him, I say use him. Specially if we are as solid at CB as you point out.

Let Alex Erickson handle the kicks and punts he is much better in kick returns then Jones is. Alex needs to improve on punt returns or maybe another drafted player can help out on punts. Prolong Jones career we have him under contract for a few more years lot worse guys you could have on the field playing CB. His play fell off on special teams not as a CB I know lot of people are ready to see him cut but I would rather not see them use a high round pick to replace a guy that we still have on the team and under contract.
Reply/Quote
It's Marvin who likes his corners, not Miley.

That being said, if we do take one, he probably won't see the field. Which makes drafting Sidney Jones from Washington a nice pick if he's there in the middle rounds.
Reply/Quote
I think we are solid at Corner actually. Guess Adam is staying, but we better give WJ3, Dennard and Shaw all a
chance at taking his spot. Adam might actually be good depth as long as he isn't in jail. I like the additions of
Russell and Benwikere. Both have talent. These are pretty much two new draft picks with some experience.

I wouldn't draft a Corner myself. DL and OL need to be addressed, so does RB with Gio's injury and Hill's indentity
crisis. If there is one place i think we are kind of stacked with young talent it is CB. Gotta see what we have here
before drafting more new guys.
Reply/Quote
Don't forget about KeiVarae Russell. I mean the guy was the 11th pick of the 3rd round just last season.

So as of now, we have:

Pacman
Dre Kirkpatrick
William Jackson III
Darqueze Dennard
Josh Shaw
KeiVarae Russell

Even without Pacman, I think we're just fine. Kirkpatrick would be our top CB. WJIII needs to play. We spent a first round pick on him. Then Dennard or Shaw would play nickel, with Russell making for outstanding depth.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 02:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't forget about KeiVarae Russell. I mean the guy was the 11th pick of the 3rd round just last season.

So as of now, we have:

Pacman
Dre Kirkpatrick
William Jackson III
Darqueze Dennard
Josh Shaw
KeiVarae Russell

Even without Pacman, I think we're just fine. Kirkpatrick would be our top CB. WJIII needs to play. We spent a first round pick on him. Then Dennard or Shaw would play nickel, with Russell making for outstanding depth.

I don't know why i confused Russell with Garrett lmao!

Yeah, that guy, like him and Benwikere who had a fine rookie year before last year when he got torched by Julio down at the school yard.
Reply/Quote
We should probably just grab a UDFA corner for the practice squad.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Benwikere too.  I don't see them going CB sooner than the 3rd, and even then only if they see someone with great value.  This team needs trenches more than anything.
Reply/Quote
Unless a stud drops, they won't grab one until the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 03:59 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Benwikere too.  I don't see them going CB sooner than the 3rd, and even then only if they see someone with great value.  This team needs trenches more than anything.

(03-25-2017, 04:26 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Unless a stud drops, they won't grab one until the later rounds.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 02:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't forget about KeiVarae Russell. I mean the guy was the 11th pick of the 3rd round just last season.

So as of now, we have:

Pacman
Dre Kirkpatrick
William Jackson III
Darqueze Dennard
Josh Shaw
KeiVarae Russell

Don't forget that Dennard is going into a contract year and we haven't exercised his 5th option yet. So, you know, Mikey Brown just might want to draft his replacement even though we have yet to even work him into the starting line up.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 12:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Let Alex Erickson handle the kicks and punts he is much better in kick returns then Jones is. Alex needs to improve on punt returns or maybe another drafted player can help out on punts. Prolong Jones career we have him under contract for a few more years lot worse guys you could have on the field playing CB. His play fell off on special teams not as a CB I know lot of people are ready to see him cut but I would rather not see them use a high round pick to replace a guy that we still have on the team and under contract.
IMO his play at CB fell off too.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 10:57 PM)Derrick Wrote: IMO his play at CB fell off too.

I remember one game they targeted his guy got some yards on him. He came back to have a decent year tho he is not slow like Leon was has not lost a step yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 01:44 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I remember one game they targeted his guy got some yards on him. He came back to have a decent year tho he is not slow like Leon was has not lost a step yet.
He definitily fell off. Or at the very least didnt show his 2015 self until after burfict came back. His first couple games sere really bad.
Reply/Quote
The only DB I'd even want them to consider is Malik Hooker.

Williams looks lost sometimes(made some downright bonehead plays)and Iloka took as step back(loss of Nelson?)

This season they shouldn't even look at CBs in any rounds IMO.

Too many holes and upgrades needed elsewhere.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 10:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't forget that Dennard is going into a contract year and we haven't exercised his 5th option yet. So, you know, Mikey Brown just might want to draft his replacement even though we have yet to even work him into the starting line up.  Ninja

Good point. I totally forgot about Dennard's contract status. Obviously replacing DD has to take priority over everything.  Ninja

It's fitting that his initials are a bra size cuz he's a total bust.  Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote