Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CB Sidney Jones-1 Year deal
Not going to complain about this one.I like every move the Bengals staff has made so far.It’s going to be interesting to see how the Jonah Williams situation works out.
Reply/Quote
Just hope it possibly will lead to a long term deal.
Ready for Memorial Day!
Reply/Quote
I hope that Apple or Flowers still ends up signing and there's enough certainty at right tackle before the draft so that they can make sure they take the best punter in the draft as opposed to getting in a bidding war for him in undrafted free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:14 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: I hope that Apple or Flowers still ends up signing and there's enough certainty at right tackle before the draft so that they can make sure they take the best punter in the draft as opposed to getting in a bidding war for him in undrafted free agency.

Not sold on Chrisman either are yah? lol
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 05:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like it.

Wonder if we got tired of waiting on Apple. Or if we even are interested in bringing him back. Probably not too many on the team players, coaches, or front office who are big fans of a social media shit starter.

If i had to guess, i'd say the Bengals have a number that Eli is aware of and he's testing the market to see if he can get more. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Wait!!! I thought we resigned Apple over a week ago?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wait!!! I thought we resigned Apple over a week ago?

I did too, we had a few pages, thought it was done and last week I found out it didn't happen.  So weird. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 05:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apple wasn’t good before he came here either. I trust Lou with DB’s.

I do too. A very big benefit of him being a DB coach for so many years. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: Sidney Jones has good height (6'). But Flowers height of 6'3" allows him to defend the TE. 
We do have a healthy 6'2" Tycen Anderson this year. If he can't cover a TE, have him swap Dax.

Side note: I think Tycen will be a beast on ST's this year.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wait!!! I thought we resigned Apple over a week ago?

(03-27-2023, 10:41 PM)phil413 Wrote: I did too, we had a few pages, thought it was done and last week I found out it didn't happen.  So weird. 

Yeah, it was just rumors of talks. I am sure we are the team Eli will be on when it is all said and done though.

Don't expect him to get many offers from other teams even if he is a good player. He didn't play well before he got here, he fits 
what Lou does and he has a loud mouth off the field.

(03-28-2023, 04:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: We do have a healthy 6'2" Tycen Anderson this year. If he can't cover a TE, have him swap Dax.

Side note: I think Tycen will be a beast on ST's this year.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

I thought Tycen was closer to 6'4" himself?

But yeah, really like Tycen Anderson, I think he could be a good one down the road. He played great last Preseason. Big, fast, good
tackler, showed smarts, can be a little aggressive at times but that is okay as long as it doesn't result in TD's. Will probably blow up
on ST's this year like you say Rotobeast.
Reply/Quote
I feel like I remember Jones playing with Seattle last year and thought he looked decent.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No.

Thank you
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals Talk had Goodberry doing a breakdown of Sidney Jones among others. Interesting facet:

Somewhat like Awuzie, Jones is FAR better in Zone than in Man. In zone he is around a 79 PFF versus a PFF in the 40s in man. As Lou loves him some zone Jones is a logical addition.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 10:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Cincinnati Bengals Talk had Goodberry doing a breakdown of Sidney Jones among others. Interesting facet:

Somewhat like Awuzie, Jones is FAR better in Zone than in Man. In zone he is around a 79 PFF versus a PFF in the 40s in man. As Lou loves him some zone Jones is a logical addition.

Yeah. As the dust settles and I think through what I know about Jones, I like this better. That said, I don't count on him to start more than spot starts. 
Reply/Quote
A nice depth signing. Might be a surprise if Lou works his magic.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Welcome Sidney "Hammy" Jones!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 11:42 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: Welcome Sidney "Hammy" Jones!

Better than “Toast” Jones, hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 10:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Cincinnati Bengals Talk had Goodberry doing a breakdown of Sidney Jones among others. Interesting facet:

Good to know. Could definitely turn his career around here as we have seen others do under Lou. Chido Eli and Vonn weren't nearly 
as good prior to Lou. Lou likes to run those high, low zones that confuse the best QB's like Mahomes and Josh Allen. Brick Scott and 
Sidney Jones fit.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 12:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Better than “Toast” Jones, hopefully

He did catch Bo Jackson though.
Reply/Quote