Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Zyon McCollum, Sam Houston State, our pick at #62
(04-26-2022, 07:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's hilarious.  Where did you read that?  Because he had something ridiculous like 56 PBUs.  His tape was incredible, as was his testing.  The only knock is he went to a small school and he actually was awarded a scholarship to Utah (known as a good defensive team) but went to Sam Houston so he could go to the same school as his twin brother. 

Guys like Stingley, Gardner, McDuffie, Elam, Gordon and maybe Taylor-Britt...sure.  Not so sure about the others.  Not a fan of Booth other than his amazing tackling and overall toughness.  
Zyon had offers from Texas and Texas Tech and Stanford
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 02:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I didn't say he wasn't productive. I said his tape does not match his athletic numbers. Always be skeptical of off season risers due to workout numbers. I personally prefer using athletic testing to drop a player down the board rather than raise them up the board.

If a player is really fast or really agile, it should be really evident by watching them, but that wasn't really the case with McCollum. People were surprised by his athletic numbers because they were unexpected.

One thing you don't want to do is overdraft a player based on what he does in shorts. We've seen that mistake made too many times in the NFL (and it might happen again this year at the #1 overall pick).

I don't believe any of this at all.  Sorry, man.  I think no one was watching Sam Houston.  If you watched his tape at all (there isn't a ton publicly) he was dominant before the testing and was expected to test like a freak.  Remember, he was offered at Utah but went to Sam Houston to play with his twin brother.  

I know all about the underwear Olympics.  I just look at this guy's length, speed, ball skills and think he could be an asset.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 06:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't believe any of this at all.  Sorry, man.  I think no one was watching Sam Houston.  If you watched his tape at all (there isn't a ton publicly) he was dominant before the testing and was expected to test like a freak.  Remember, he was offered at Utah but went to Sam Houston to play with his twin brother.  

I know all about the underwear Olympics.  I just look at this guy's length, speed, ball skills and think he could be an asset.  

If this is true, then I hope we take him. Looking forward to this weekend!
Reply/Quote