Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS 7 Round Mock
I actually like this draft, I'm not a huge Peoples-Jones fan but he has upside just some drops issues. Wish we could have got a better WR option in the 4th but Lamar Jackson in the 4th is a steal so I am okay with it. In reality though I probably would have been okay taking Jackson in the 3rd then taking Nico Collins/Collin Johnson in the 4th then someone like Shane Lemieux in the 5th.

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
33. Bengals: Josh Jones, OT, Houston
65. Bengals: Nick Harris, iOL, Washington
109. Bengals: Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska
148. Bengals: Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan
182. Bengals: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
217. Bengals: McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-patriots-raiders-chargers-take-qbs-on-day-2-steelers-start-with-rb/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I actually like this draft, I'm not a huge Peoples-Jones fan but he has upside just some drops issues. Wish we could have got a better WR option in the 4th but Lamar Jackson in the 4th is a steal so I am okay with it. In reality though I probably would have been okay taking Jackson in the 3rd then taking Nico Collins/Collin Johnson in the 4th then someone like Shane Lemieux in the 5th.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-patriots-raiders-chargers-take-qbs-on-day-2-steelers-start-with-rb/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

I haven't watched any Houston games but from reading the scouting reports on Josh Jones, he sounds like a real project. A lot of potential but so raw. No projects with an early 30's pick please. Not with Turner as the OL coach at least.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I haven't watched any Houston games but from reading the scouting reports on Josh Jones, he sounds like a real project. A lot of potential but so raw. No projects with an early 30's pick please. Not with Turner as the OL coach at least.

If you read any scouting report, depending on who it's written by, you'd never want to draft anyone high lol. PFF grades him very highly, I think they had him on their All American team, and his tape is better than some of the scouting reports would have you believe. He will be playing at the Senior Bowl so we will get to see more of him and how he goes against what should be a solid pass rushing group.

I actually think he will be a late riser like Andre Dillard last year and find himself in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you read any scouting report, depending on who it's written by, you'd never want to draft anyone high lol. PFF grades him very highly, I think they had him on their All American team, and his tape is better than some of the scouting reports would have you believe. He will be playing at the Senior Bowl so we will get to see more of him and how he goes against what should be a solid pass rushing group.

I actually think he will be a late riser like Andre Dillard last year and find himself in the 1st round.

I understand. The reason I bring it up is because the scouting reports seem to be mostly written earlier this Fall, not recently. So Jones could definitely have developed between September and December and the reports need to be updated. Surprisingly, I haven't really been looking much at college or draft on PFF. I should take advantage of that with my subscription lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I understand. The reason I bring it up is because the scouting reports seem to be mostly written earlier this Fall, not recently. So Jones could definitely have developed between September and December and the reports need to be updated. Surprisingly, I haven't really been looking much at college or draft on PFF. I should take advantage of that with my subscription lol.

Yea, he was a "watch" guy coming into the year but he has solidified himself as a top 5 Tackle in this draft I think. Senior Bowl could actually help him climb a bit more. I think he is what the Texans hoped Tytus Howard could eventually turn in to. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, he was a "watch" guy coming into the year but he has solidified himself as a top 5 Tackle in this draft I think. Senior Bowl could actually help him climb a bit more. I think he is what the Texans hoped Tytus Howard could eventually turn in to. 

I've watched Jones quite a bit this year because I wanted to see how Dana Holgorsen was doing after leaving WVU and I was very impressed. I was hoping to keep him as a 3rd round sleeper but  I think he has a Dalton Risner rise to the top of the second after he shows up against higher level competition at the Senior Bowl.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Don't mind it, but any draft without a LB is pretty sketchy.

I'm also not a fan of drafting a LT and moving him to RT. If you are going to draft a tackle, you better draft a true RT.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 03:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Don't mind it, but any draft without a LB is pretty sketchy.

I'm also not a fan of drafting a LT and moving him to RT.  If you are going to draft a tackle, you better draft a true RT.

There is no difference today between LT and RT now in terms of pass blocking/run blocking, it's just a comfort thing. Defenses move their rushers to get the best matchups now and running is pretty much bi directional instead of the old school "to the right" method. If it makes you feel better you could move Williams to RT where he played a year in college. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is no difference today between LT and RT now in terms of pass blocking/run blocking, it's just a comfort thing. Defenses move their rushers to get the best matchups now and running is pretty much bi directional instead of the old school "to the right" method. If it makes you feel better you could move Williams to RT where he played a year in college. 

The only difference now is time. It's best to give them a month or two to get the techniques down to muscle memory...other than that LT and RT need to both be very good with todays NFL edge rushers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:04 PM)Synric Wrote: The only difference now is time. It's best to give them a month or two to get the techniques down to muscle memory...other than that LT and RT need to both be very good with todays NFL edge rushers.

Right, McGlinchey moved LT to RT and it has worked out great for SF.
Reply/Quote
Really the only thing about about this draft and something that is pretty much unavoidable if they want to draft their starting tackle and a guard...those 2 plus Jonah William's contracts will all but up in the same year. And that sucks. It's almost better to sacrifice a 5th move up 1 to 3 spots into the first for that 5th year option on Jones.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I actually like this draft, I'm not a huge Peoples-Jones fan but he has upside just some drops issues. Wish we could have got a better WR option in the 4th but Lamar Jackson in the 4th is a steal so I am okay with it. In reality though I probably would have been okay taking Jackson in the 3rd then taking Nico Collins/Collin Johnson in the 4th then someone like Shane Lemieux in the 5th.

It's alright at the top, but not so much the bottom. 

I've seen Peoples-Jones mocked to the Bills in the first Rd. I do like him as a player though.

Edwards-Helaire, I like as well, but this roster is full of young RBs already. Barring injury they should all be healthy going into camp.

Not bad though! Could be better.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It's alright at the top, but not so much the bottom. 

I've seen Peoples-Jones mocked to the Bills in the first Rd. I do like him as a player though.

Edwards-Helaire, I like as well, but this roster is full of young RBs already. Barring injury they should all be healthy going into camp.

Peoples-Jones is a day 3 pick at best, I personally think 5th may be high for him now. He has not had a good year this year and struggles with drops, he has regressed from last year. I prefer Nico Collins FAR above DPJ.

I think they have us going back because they are, like I am, doubtful we resign Mixon and the two back we drafted last year are hurt. Robby Anderson is on his second torn ACL so I'd guess odds are his career is probably done before it gets started. That late in the draft you are just looking for value, honestly I think he goes day 2 so it's probably moot. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Edwards-Helaire, I like as well, but this roster is full of young RBs already. Barring injury they should all be healthy going into camp.

I was just about to come here and post how Edwards-Helaire was a sneaky good pick and I believe he could sneak higher in the draft. He is just very good in a phone booth I've seen it all season it doesnt look like theirs a hole or a linebacker has him squared up and Helaire goes just gets through or past...I don't make this comparison lightly but with the ball in his hands he reminds me of Barry Sanders.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 05:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I was just about to come here and post how Edwards-Helaire was a sneaky good pick and I believe he could sneak higher in the draft. He is just very good in a phone booth I've seen it all season it doesnt look like theirs a hole or a linebacker has him squared up and Helaire goes just gets through or past...I don't make this comparison lightly but with the ball in his hands he reminds me of Barry Sanders.

Yeah, a buddy and I, who is an LSU fan,were comparing him to Maurice Jones Drew or a young Sproles.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Peoples-Jones is a day 3 pick at best, I personally think 5th may be high for him now. He has not had a good year this year and struggles with drops, he has regressed from last year. I prefer Nico Collins FAR above DPJ.

I think they have us going back because they are, like I am, doubtful we resign Mixon and the two back we drafted last year are hurt. Robby Anderson is on his second torn ACL so I'd guess odds are his career is probably done before it gets started. That late in the draft you are just looking for value, honestly I think he goes day 2 so it's probably moot. 

I'm just telling you like I read it. Don't have a link, but in some drafts he is going fairly high. Like I said, I've seen hm mocked to Buffalo in the first.

Five star going into college. Has all of the tools. Unfortunately, he had poor coaching n college.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you read any scouting report, depending on who it's written by, you'd never want to draft anyone high lol. PFF grades him very highly, I think they had him on their All American team, and his tape is better than some of the scouting reports would have you believe. He will be playing at the Senior Bowl so we will get to see more of him and how he goes against what should be a solid pass rushing group.

No LBs?  wtf
Reply/Quote
I'm just praying for some comp picks. 7 this year isn't enough

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:10 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm just telling you like I read it. Don't have a link, but in some drafts he is going fairly high. Like I said, I've seen hm mocked to Buffalo in the first.

Five star going into college. Has all of the tools. Unfortunately, he had poor coaching n college.

You may have read it, the problem is anyone can put out a “mock draft”. He isn’t even the best WR on his own team at this point. He’s a day 3 pick and how early day 3 he goes will be determined by him putting up a really good combine performance. This WR class is loaded and from people I talked to (two scouts) he is a bit of an afterthought now after coming into the year with such high expectations.

Maybe someone falls in love with him but in this class falling in love with him would be 3rd round at the earliest.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: You may have read it, the problem is anyone can put out a “mock draft”. He isn’t even the best WR on his own team at this point. He’s a day 3 pick and how early day 3 he goes will be determined by him putting up a really good combine performance. This WR class is loaded and from people I talked to (two scouts) he is a bit of an afterthought now after coming into the year with such high expectations.

Maybe someone falls in love with him but in this class falling in love with him would be 3rd round at the earliest.

If I had to pick a Michigan player for the Bengals it would be Cesar Ruiz.

Reply/Quote