Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS "Live Mock"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22b1wCPXCMg

So far it has been interesting. Just got to the Bengals pick and we traded down. I would not hate that but lets see what the GM does with our later pick. It is a long video but a fun watch despite some bad voice connections from a few guys that are GMs
Reply/Quote
The GM traded down to 27 with the Raiders and we get pick 35. Not bad compensation but I am still watching to see what they do at 27. Going from 11 to 27 getting a high 2nd rounder. Sounds ok but also a bit cheap
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 10:40 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: The GM traded down to 27 with the Raiders and we get pick 35. Not bad compensation but I am still watching to see what they do at 27. Going from 11 to 27 getting a high 2nd rounder. Sounds ok but also a bit cheap

That's about 20pts off if the chart is relevant.  They could give up their high 5th for a low Cincy 6th or the Bengals could tax them for more.

Funny enough, Drafttecks picks at the spot are Mack Wilson and Dalton Risner, whom I'd take as high floor types that fit the big two needs and are among the BPAs at those slots. It enables you to go big if Jeffery Simmons is still there at Cincys 2nd.

Edit: I trust the upside of Simmons and depth of the OT class to take Simmons at the Oakland pick instead of Risner. Worst case, Little can slide to RG or they may need both tackles if Cordy can't stay healty.

1st Mack Wilson LB Alabama
2nd Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi St
2nd Greg Little T Mississippi
3rd Tytus Howard T Alabama St
4th David Long WLB WVU
5th Kelvin Harmon WR NC St
5th Jarrett Stidham QB Auburn
6th Isaac Nauta TE Georgia
6th Maxx Crosby DE EMU
6th Saivion Smith CB Alabama
7th Kerrith Whyth RB FAU
Reply/Quote
For those that do not watch we traded down to the Raiders at pick 27 and got pick 35 in exchange. We then traded for Josh Rosen with our 42nd pick leaving us the 27th and 35th. At the 27th pick we selected Cody Ford OT Oklahoma. Not sure how I feel about this yet but Rosen would be worth a 2nd rounder. Either way it is an interesting take
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 02:15 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: For those that do not watch we traded down to the Raiders at pick 27 and got pick 35 in exchange. We then traded for Josh Rosen with our 42nd pick leaving us the 27th and 35th. At the 27th pick we selected Cody Ford OT Oklahoma. Not sure how I feel about this yet but Rosen would be worth a 2nd rounder. Either way it is an interesting take

Without even knowing who was available at 11, I'm still saying this is a horrible trade. 

And trading for Rosen too?  F that.  I hate everything about it.  Was this a Steeler fan playing GM "for" us?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 11:19 AM)McC Wrote: Without even knowing who was available at 11, I'm still saying this is a horrible trade. 

And trading for Rosen too?  F that.  I hate everything about it.  Was this a Steeler fan playing GM "for" us?

I'd have 0 issue if it worked out this way. Ford would be a reach at 11 but I wouldn't be mad if we did reach so getting him later and an early 2nd would be great. 

Also no issue on giving our 2nd for the Rosen 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the trade for Rosen happens, would we also be trading Andy Dalton? I would think yes and would like the move. Experienced QB on rookie contract and get rid of higher salary average player. I would think a 2 and 4 or 5 for Dalton. I am sure Washington would pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 12:44 PM)hotweales Wrote: If the trade for Rosen happens, would we also be trading Andy Dalton? I would think yes and would like the move. Experienced QB on rookie contract and get rid of higher salary average player. I would think a 2 and 4 or 5 for Dalton. I am sure Washington would pull the trigger.

I doubt they trade Andy this year. First year head coach will need a familiar leader out there the first year. IMO, trading him now wouldn't be wise. Although Rosen was behind a bad line last year, he still is unproven in the NFL. When I think of the hype he is getting for his talent, one has to wonder why a team would want to get rid of him and replace in the draft so quickly unless there is an underlying issue most are not familiar with but the team. Might not be medical, just commitment maybe,. Who knows?

I think Andy is a lot better than given credit. I think Zac will be able to get the best out of all these guys. He's pretty smart and a good motivator. Seems like the players are really enjoying his leadership thus-far. Even though they haven't played a single game yet, they seem to have built a rapport. I guess it could happen that Andy get's moved and we take our pains in the first year of the ZT era. However, I truly don't think we are that far off of having the talent to win the division this year. Getting rid of Dalton is going to insure you have a dumpster season.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 11:14 PM)phil413 Wrote: That's about 20pts off if the chart is relevant.  They could give up their high 5th for a low Cincy 6th or the Bengals could tax them for more.

Funny enough, Drafttecks picks at the spot are Mack Wilson and Dalton Risner, whom I'd take as high floor types that fit the big two needs and are among the BPAs at those slots. It enables you to go big if Jeffery Simmons is still there at Cincys 2nd.

Edit: I trust the upside of Simmons and depth of the OT class to take Simmons at the Oakland pick instead of Risner. Worst case, Little can slide to RG or they may need both tackles if Cordy can't stay healty.

1st Mack Wilson LB Alabama
2nd Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi St
2nd Greg Little T Mississippi
3rd Tytus Howard T Alabama St
4th David Long WLB WVU
5th Kelvin Harmon WR NC St
5th Jarrett Stidham QB Auburn
6th Isaac Nauta TE Georgia
6th Maxx Crosby DE EMU
6th Saivion Smith CB Alabama
7th Kerrith Whyth RB FAU

Would love this Draft Phil, great stuff. Simmons is worth the gamble, reminds me of Suh a bit.

This takes care of LB and OT which is essential.
Reply/Quote
Who is this new "CloeHokie" guy?

Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't have much problem with this. We address the o-line while picking up a quality pick. Essentially, we'd be trading back in exchange for Josh Rosen. Not a huge price to pay just to take a flier on - what was - a top 10 prospect last year. I like that we'd be able to get a good look at Rosen without the commitment that would've come if we'd drafted him ourselves.

Meaning, if Rosen continues to flop, we could keep Andy or still look at drafting a top QB later on down the road.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt mind it. Rosen would be a good backup qb with upside. And we address all of our needs in the draft. . If a top 10 talent falls to us, id rather go bpa in the first though. But if we miss out and its a tough decision it makes sense to trade back
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 02:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I doubt they trade Andy this year. First year head coach will need a familiar leader out there the first year. IMO, trading him now wouldn't be wise. Although Rosen was behind a bad line last year, he still is unproven in the NFL. When I think of the hype he is getting for his talent, one has to wonder why a team would want to get rid of him and replace in the draft so quickly unless there is an underlying issue most are not familiar with but the team. Might not be medical, just commitment maybe,. Who knows?

I think Andy is a lot better than given credit. I think Zac will be able to get the best out of all these guys. He's pretty smart and a good motivator. Seems like the players are really enjoying his leadership thus-far. Even though they haven't played a single game yet, they seem to have built a rapport. I guess it could happen that Andy get's moved and we take our pains in the first year of the ZT era. However, I truly don't think we are that far off of having the talent to win the division this year. Getting rid of Dalton is going to insure you have a dumpster season.

Rosen's numbers were similar to Goff in year one. I am not sure Bengals would be so bold. Just my opinion that a team with limited resoutces would benefit from a QB on rookie salary. Money could be spent to shore up holes.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't have much problem with this. We address the o-line while picking up a quality pick. Essentially, we'd be trading back in exchange for Josh Rosen. Not a huge price to pay just to take a flier on - what was - a top 10 prospect last year. I like that we'd be able to get a good look at Rosen without the commitment that would've come if we'd drafted him ourselves.

Meaning, if Rosen continues to flop, we could keep Andy or still look at drafting a top QB later on down the road.

By that same logic, we should be able to unload John Ross and gain that 2nd round pick right back.  Right??  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By that same logic, we should be able to unload John Ross and gain that 2nd round pick right back.  Right??  Cool

Ross has had 2 years to prove what a bust he was. I'd assume if Rosen had 2 similar years, his value would fall off a cliff.

As of now, you have to wonder if bad coaching and line hurt Rosen. Also, rookie QB's often struggle. Not saying Rosen is going to be good, I'm just saying that as of now, he is still considered a bit of a mystery. Ross not as much. Plus even if you have a bust QB, they still hold some value as a backup. See Blaine Gabbert. A bust WR just kinda clogs the depth chart.

But yeah I wish we could dump Ross for a pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 06:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ross has had 2 years to prove what a bust he was. I'd assume if Rosen had 2 similar years, his value would fall off a cliff.

As of now, you have to wonder if bad coaching and line hurt Rosen. Also, rookie QB's often struggle. Not saying Rosen is going to be good, I'm just saying that as of now, he is still considered a bit of a mystery. Ross not as much. Plus even if you have a bust QB, they still hold some value as a backup. See Blaine Gabbert. A bust WR just kinda clogs the depth chart.

But yeah I wish we could dump Ross for a pick.

Logically, I know that you're correct.  I'm likely just plain biased against Rosen, because I wasn't a fan of him, as a prospect in last year's draft.  I can't recall him ever doing anything truly heroic at UCLA.  All he did was pile up stats in conference with a lot of high scoring offenses.  When I watched his interviews in last year's draft season, I sensed an "air" about him of cockiness that didn't appear warranted.  I had a strong feeling that he would bomb out, and he did.  In fact, I was hoping that Cleveland would have taken him, to prolong their extended misery.

You're also right that most rookie QBs endure their share of struggles.  Most of the ones that develop into solid starters take their lumps, but show at least gradual improvement, as the season rolls along.  Rosen didn't show any improvement, in fact he got worse as the season wore on.  I mean, I guess I'd be alright with him as a backup, but I'd hate to see a dedicated, "all heart" kind of player like Andy Dalton pushed out for what I consider to be "fool's gold" in Josh Rosen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 07:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Logically, I know that you're correct.  I'm likely just plain biased against Rosen, because I wasn't a fan of him, as a prospect in last year's draft.  I can't recall him ever doing anything truly heroic at UCLA.  All he did was pile up stats in conference with a lot of high scoring offenses.  When I watched his interviews in last year's draft season, I sensed an "air" about him of cockiness that didn't appear warranted.  I had a strong feeling that he would bomb out, and he did.  In fact, I was hoping that Cleveland would have taken him, to prolong their extended misery.

You're also right that most rookie QBs endure their share of struggles.  Most of the ones that develop into solid starters take their lumps, but show at least gradual improvement, as the season rolls along.  Rosen didn't show any improvement, in fact he got worse as the season wore on.  I mean, I guess I'd be alright with him as a backup, but I'd hate to see a dedicated, "all heart" kind of player like Andy Dalton pushed out for what I consider to be "fool's gold" in Josh Rosen.

That was the report on Rosen coming out, so I guess it was correct. Just to clarify, I wouldn't love the move. Just saying I could get behind it as long as we address our real needs...and at best, maybe Taylor could do for Rosen what he helped do for Goff. Then again, maybe Dalton could also experience a lift to his play. He's been stuck working for an old school defensive guy just as Goff was in his rookie year. 
Reply/Quote
Moving down 16 spots and all we get is a 2nd round pick?

We got ****** on that trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 03:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Who is this new "CloeHokie" guy?

Mellow

Hahahaha. Shut up Shake. Glad to see ya buddy. Been a while. Life happens
Reply/Quote
After thinking about it I think we could have got another 4th or 5th rounder maybe but I would not hate it. I am not a big fan of Rosen so that is my biggest issue. But he is a highly ranked talent by many and getting him and a great OT pick at 27 while still keeping our 35 pick we got would leave us another early pick. And as a 2nd round trade pick we would not be forced to trade Dalton but rather have an option to groom a top 10 QB from last years far superior QB draft class.
Reply/Quote