Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS draft post funny
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25552080/nfl-draft-cincinnati-bengals-on-the-clock-at-no-24

At least it has the offseason adds and subtracts right, but the "best fit" is comical as they say Offensive Tackle. At least both of their "experts" recommend WRs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine what would happen around here if we took an OT with our first round pick?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can you imagine what would happen around here if we took an OT with our first round pick?

[Image: frankenstein-mob.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can you imagine what would happen around here if we took an OT with our first round pick?

Chaos, everywhere..

Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote

[Image: Smashign-Door.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 04:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25552080/nfl-draft-cincinnati-bengals-on-the-clock-at-no-24

At least it has the offseason adds and subtracts right, but the "best fit" is comical as they say Offensive Tackle. At least both of their "experts" recommend WRs.

I don't hate taking that Tackle from OSU in the first if they have that guy rated really high.

I have read several reports that Fisher translates well to guard as well as LT. If they see him more as a guard or utility lineman than a T I guess they would grab the LT.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 08:20 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't hate taking that Tackle from OSU in the first if they have that guy rated really high.

I have read several reports that Fisher translates well to guard as well as LT. If they see him more as a guard or utility lineman than a T I guess they would grab the LT.

We took our LT in the draft last year in the 1st round....Does everyone just forget about that?  Before his injury he was a top 10 pick and even got to play last year...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 09:56 PM)spazz70 Wrote: We took our LT in the draft last year in the 1st round....Does everyone just forget about that?  Before his injury he was a top 10 pick and even got to play last year...

This is why I think any report linking us to yet another first round OT is likely nonsense.

I think it far more likely we go either WR or DT in the first, although I would like Ryan Kelly a lot there too.
Reply/Quote
I thought the article was a joke but then I realized that they actually thought this was a possible scenario.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 09:56 PM)spazz70 Wrote: We took our LT in the draft last year in the 1st round....Does everyone just forget about that?  Before his injury he was a top 10 pick and even got to play last year...

This is incorrect. Ogbuehi is replacing Andre Smith at Right Tackle. Fisher is looking to replace Whit at LT unless he is moved inside to Guard.
I'm not advocating it's the sexiest move, but just for fun, lets think about this outside of the box....
- Taylor Decker is Taylor Made (just gave Hobsin the title to his article Thursday night) for what the Bengals drool over at LT.
- Current Center on the roster, Russell Bodine's, contract is not guaranteed after this, his 3rd, season. He is the weakest link of the starters on the team.
- Clint Bodine can play center and is a strong player. So can Kevin Zeitler who is also outstanding.
- The Bengals Jake Fisher is too strong a player to sit on the bench in favor of Bodine and can play either L/R Guard as well as bounce outside to either tackle.
- Whitworth has 1 more year left unless he resigns and probably backs up Fisher or a new rookie LT who would step in after 1 year of study.  Whitworth could sign at a lower $ figure and be kept fresh in jumbo/unbalanced line packages.

2016 starting O-line is shaping up to be: Whit/Boling/Bodine/Zeitler/Ogbuehi (Leaving Fisher on the bench).
If they draft Decker the 2017 O-line could be: Decker/Fisher/Boling/Zeitler/Ogbuehi with Whitworth (or whoever) backing up - much like Winston does now.
^ This would allow the Bengals to put their strongest linemen out on the field at once where as using Fisher at LT .
I would not HATE the move if the WRs or CBs they liked were off the board. Or, if they were targeting a WR in the 2nd. Someone like Michael Thomas from OSU who could fall?
Reply/Quote
Only if by some miracle Tunsil is there would I be okay with a OT
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm not actually opposed to this at all. A beast line opens up everything. I know ours is already ranked highly in PP but Andy helps them there with his release. Imagine if he had all day back there, you would think our petty batch of current receivers (/sarcasm) would find ways to get open. Not to mention what it might do for the run game.

hmmm

Reply/Quote
How about instead of drafting our third high round OT in two years we do something like......drafting a blue chip prospect who actually played Center in college. Like Ryan Kelly. Fix the long running problems at Center in a definitive fashion.
Reply/Quote
If they believe he is the BPA I'm fine with it. There are worse things than having too much talent at Tackle.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 11:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: This is incorrect. Ogbuehi is replacing Andre Smith at Right Tackle. Fisher is looking to replace Whit at LT unless he is moved inside to Guard.
I'm not advocating it's the sexiest move, but just for fun, lets think about this outside of the box....
- Taylor Decker is Taylor Made (just gave Hobsin the title to his article Thursday night) for what the Bengals drool over at LT.
- Current Center on the roster, Russell Bodine's, contract is not guaranteed after this, his 3rd, season. He is the weakest link of the starters on the team.
- Clint Bodine can play center and is a strong player. So can Kevin Zeitler who is also outstanding.
- The Bengals Jake Fisher is too strong a player to sit on the bench in favor of Bodine and can play either L/R Guard as well as bounce outside to either tackle.
- Whitworth has 1 more year left unless he resigns and probably backs up Fisher or a new rookie LT who would step in after 1 year of study.  Whitworth could sign at a lower $ figure and be kept fresh in jumbo/unbalanced line packages.

2016 starting O-line is shaping up to be: Whit/Boling/Bodine/Zeitler/Ogbuehi (Leaving Fisher on the bench).
If they draft Decker the 2017 O-line could be: Decker/Fisher/Boling/Zeitler/Ogbuehi with Whitworth (or whoever) backing up - much like Winston does now.
^ This would allow the Bengals to put their strongest linemen out on the field at once where as using Fisher at LT .
I would not HATE the move if the WRs or CBs they liked were off the board. Or, if they were targeting a WR in the 2nd. Someone like Michael Thomas from OSU who could fall?

I don't expect them to draft an OT, like I didn't expect them to draft a TE when they drafted Eifert. But, your explanation makes sense.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals go OL in the first, it damn well better be Ryan Kelly. Dude is a very good run blocker and only allowed 13 pressures (ZERO SACKS) over the past two seasons.
Plus, Bodine should be C/OG depth, not a starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It has to be Decker ,but only because they just can't have enough guys named Tyler. OK, so his name is Taylor, but since there are announcers calling us the Bangles they'll just call him Tyler.
Now really..is there any more sound reasoning behind this?
Just change the big B on the field to a T and rename the team to the Tylers.. The only reason I posted this was to save you all the anguish of being wrong once more..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If we take an OL in the first it better be Ryan Kelly or Cody Whitehair IMHO.

Both Fisher and Ogbuehi looked good to me for rookies last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 01:00 AM)Joelist Wrote: How about instead of drafting our third high round OT in two years we do something like......drafting a blue chip prospect who actually played Center in college. Like Ryan Kelly. Fix the long running problems at Center in a definitive fashion.

(04-18-2016, 12:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals go OL in the first, it damn well better be Ryan Kelly. Dude is a very good run blocker and only allowed 13 pressures (ZERO SACKS) over the past two seasons.
Plus, Bodine should be C/OG depth, not a starter.

(04-18-2016, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we take an OL in the first it better be Ryan Kelly or Cody Whitehair IMHO.

Both Fisher and Ogbuehi looked good to me for rookies last year.

If he is there, and that is a HUGE if, he will be a Bengal. That being said, I see the Colts snatching him up...but who knows. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2016, 11:51 PM)PDub80 Wrote: This is incorrect. Ogbuehi is replacing Andre Smith at Right Tackle. Fisher is looking to replace Whit at LT unless he is moved inside to Guard.

i could dig it but if whit is healthy whit is playing.
Reply/Quote