Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier guard to work out w/ Bengals
Didn't see this posted anywhere else... so.. Apparently, Xavier guard Remy Abell is working out with the Bengals.. Not sure what position he will play but many believe he's a WR/TE. He's new to the game and hasn't played organized football since the 8th grade.. A low risk/high reward type of player..

He's 6'4 and 201 pounds.... Could he be the Antonio Gates for the Bengals?

http://stripehype.com/2016/04/22/former-xavier-guard-remy-abell-work-bengals/

Big Grin

Discuss.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Corner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
no way a TE at only 201lbs, size suggests a WR. Will depend on speed and route running.
Reply/Quote
I read Guard, then 201 pounds, and was like WTF. Then recalled its a Xavier player. Xavier is good at Basketball. Guard is a position in Basketball, OH YA!

Hasn't played football since 8th grade eh? Why do these Basketball players even bother lol
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 03:48 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Didn't see this posted anywhere else... so.. Apparently, Xavier guard Remy Abell is working out with the Bengals.. Not sure what position he will play but many believe he's a WR/TE. He's new to the game and hasn't played organized football since the 8th grade.. A low risk/high reward type of player..

He's 6'4 and 201 pounds.... Could he be the Antonio Gates for the Bengals?

http://stripehype.com/2016/04/22/former-xavier-guard-remy-abell-work-bengals/

Big Grin

Discuss.

His name is Rebel Army anagram Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 04:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I read Guard, then 201 pounds, and was like WTF. Then recalled its a Xavier player. Xavier is good at Basketball. Guard is a position in Basketball, OH YA!

Hasn't played football since 8th grade eh? Why do these Basketball players even bother lol

they are tall... Fast... and can probly catch. if they can catch they can be a potential gates/graham.

But learning to block in the nfl will be key and taking the hits.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 04:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they are tall...  Fast... and can probly catch.  if they can catch  they can be a potential gates/graham.

But learning to block in the nfl will be key and taking the hits.

If it wasn't for Eifert having an amazing season last year, I wouldn't trust our TE coaches to make anytning of a receving tight end.

It's my mistake for wishfully thinking Chase Coffman was going to be the greatest TE to ever play the game. Still, if you can't block, Coach Hayes is a ****, so ya I don't see this Xavier player making it.
Reply/Quote
Definitely not a TE at 201 lbs. Too tall to be a CB or RB.

I'm thinking WR most likely. If he's a great athlete it never hurts to look.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't really see a reason to sign him, honestly. Sure, good size, but he has little football knowledge and experience.

At least Gates played football all throughout high school and had to make a choice in college. But there's very little success stories like that.

How does Remy look when a corner is being physical? Can he take a hit? Can he make contested catches? How fast is he?

Kumerow > Abell
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll take a look at anyone coming out of the football factory known as Eggs-avier University.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Corner.

Might be too tall to be a corner, but there's the possibility.

(04-22-2016, 04:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: no way a TE at only 201lbs, size suggests a WR. Will depend on speed and route running.

Yeah, this is what I am thinking, a WR.

He's WAY too light to be a TE. Gates is 255, Graham is 265. Even at "only" 6'1, Hernandez was 245.

Doubt he has much in the way of route running, who knows what he'll run speed-wise, and who knows about his hands either. But hey, why not. It's not like the Bengals WR corps is overflowing with talented options.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He was our best defender last year at Xaiver always guarded the teams best premiter scorer. So if he were to be successful at Football I think it would be on defense inatead of offense. It is a shame that Xaiver doesn't have a Football team because he could use a year of development.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 05:46 PM)J24 Wrote: He was our best defender last year at Xaiver always guarded the teams best premiter scorer. So if he were to be successful at Football I think it would be on defense inatead of offense. It is a shame that Xaiver doesn't have a Football team because he could use a year of development.

Strange, because I always think the opposite of non-football players. On defense you have to tackle people. Basketball/baseball/etc players aren't generally in the mindset to run directly at someone and blow them up by throwing your body at them over and over.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 05:46 PM)J24 Wrote: He was our best defender last year at Xaiver always guarded the teams best premiter scorer. So if he were to be successful at Football I think it would be on defense inatead of offense. It is a shame that Xaiver doesn't have a Football team because he could use a year of development.

That was my thinking. I don't know how his hands would translate into a wr, but he's got great reaction speed that would make him good at breaking up passes. Would make a great corner if he's got any kind of running ability.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Safety or WR.

Guys who switch sports succesfully are rare, but you still have to give them all a look. Patriots had an O-linemen who started a ciuple of Super Bowl for then who was a wrestler and never played college football. Stacy Andrews was on the football team for just one season at Ole Miss, but he never played, yet he also got a super Bowl ring with the Seahawks.

then there are the guys everyone knows about like Jimym Graham and Antonio Gates.

Also I believe it was just last year that a college basketballplayers was gighly rated by many experts as apotential safety in the NFL draft.
Reply/Quote