Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ rehabbing
(02-05-2022, 06:36 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: A statement saying an injured player is rehabbing with a trainer is "informative"?

WTF's wrong with you? This was more of an appreciation post on my part to a forum member who works to keep us all updated on the status of a member of the team. Do you have a problem with that jerk?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 09:37 PM)tms Wrote: On that note, it's amazing how healthy we've stayed this year. Other than Reiff, ADG, Ogunjobi and Ossai, the only guys who are sitting out probably wouldn't be playing much anyway.

A December 7 ESPN article listed the Bengals and the Rams as equal in terms of being healthy, tied for 6th/7th in league. (Kansas City was listed as the healthiest.)  Unfortunately, since then we had the Reiff and Ogunjobi injuries, both key starters. (And possibly Uzumah.)  So, the Rams may be considered healthier.
Reply/Quote
…. Patiently waiting for something

Reply/Quote
He'll play. He was on twitter talking with Eifert about hypothetical TD celebrations and what he should wear to the game. He's confident about playing and could've had a chance to play today if the SB were today. He's listed as Questionable. He'll play.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 09:42 AM)jeremydc Wrote: …. Patiently waiting for something

According to the Locked On Bengals podcast this morning (which was taped last night), the Bengals put out an injury report that listed CJ as "Questionable". I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but ...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I certainly hope the team carries their walking wounded (Reiff, Ogunjobi, etc) out to LA so they can be on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he is going to give it a go.

“To me, I’m like I’m not missing the biggest game of my life. Right? Like, I’m not missing it,” Uzomah said Monday. “So that’s my approach going into every day of rehab. If I wake up, and I’m like, ‘Oh, man, it’s a little sore,’ it doesn’t matter. . . . Right when I put my feet on the ground, it’s go time. Let’s get this rehab going. Let’s do everything I can to make sure I’m ready and available to play. That’s kind of where my mind is.”
Reply/Quote
If CJ is on the field, I hope he can contribute rather than be just a decoy or on the field for the sake of being on the field. Burrow likes throwing to CJ in the middle of the field when there is nowhere else to go with the ball. It would suck if a hobbled CJ cannot effectively run his routes. He doesn't strike me as a guy to hurt the team, so I'm sure CJ and coaches will know where they stand for his ability to play at top level, or not, come game day.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If CJ is on the field, I hope he can contribute rather than be just a decoy or on the field for the sake of being on the field. Burrow likes throwing to CJ in the middle of the field when there is nowhere else to go with the ball. It would suck if a hobbled CJ cannot effectively run his routes. He doesn't strike me as a guy to hurt the team, so I'm sure CJ and coaches will know where they stand for his ability to play at top level, or not, come game day.

He's invaluable in the Red Zone.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If CJ is on the field, I hope he can contribute rather than be just a decoy or on the field for the sake of being on the field. Burrow likes throwing to CJ in the middle of the field when there is nowhere else to go with the ball. It would suck if a hobbled CJ cannot effectively run his routes. He doesn't strike me as a guy to hurt the team, so I'm sure CJ and coaches will know where they stand for his ability to play at top level, or not, come game day.

The good news is he was never a burner, one of the things he has done well is catch balls in tight windows as a checkdown. I think he can still provide that to us. I'd probably limit his reps in early running downs as I would be concerned how much power he could generate in run blocking. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: The good news is he was never a burner, one of the things he has done well is catch balls in tight windows as a checkdown. I think he can still provide that to us. I'd probably limit his reps in early running downs as I would be concerned how much power he could generate in run blocking. 

Definitely. Plus he has good moves after catch.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Definitely. Plus he has good moves after catch.

I like that picture and it would be me as well if the Jack was replaced with a bourbon. I drank so much Black Jack in college I can't drink it anymore.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Definitely. Plus he has good moves after catch.

Would you say he moves like McJagger? Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I like that picture and it would be me as well if the Jack was replaced with a bourbon. I drank so much Black Jack in college I can't drink it anymore.

ThumbsUp I like your tastes.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: The good news is he was never a burner, one of the things he has done well is catch balls in tight windows as a checkdown. I think he can still provide that to us. I'd probably limit his reps in early running downs as I would be concerned how much power he could generate in run blocking. 

well im sure they wont use him in situations hes not healthy enough for...

But just having his energy on the sideline is a big Boon for us hes been one of the leaders this year i believe.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: The good news is he was never a burner,

Actually Uzomah had very good speed for his size.

His 4.63 Forty time was in the 90th percentile for TEs, and it would have made him the second fastest TE at the '15 combine.
Reply/Quote
I've mentioned before Uzomah is deceptively fast because when he runs, he looks like he is moving through molasses.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Would you say he moves like McJagger? Mellow

Tue story.

A friend of my daughter asked her what Mick Jagger's first name was.  My daughter said "Mick" and her friend said "His name was Mick McJagger?"
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tue story.

A friend of my daughter asked her what Mick Jagger's first name was.  My daughter said "Mick" and her friend said "His name was Mick McJagger?"

I can beat that... I was at a concert once and overheard the girl in front of me ask her friend if Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings. And these people vote.
Reply/Quote
Uzi is one of my favorite players, and whether or not he is 100% able to do what he can usually do, it will be great to have him suited up for the game. He's a really good leader.
Reply/Quote