Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN producer to Student: Stick to the script
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27486/breaking-rotc-student-reveals-who-cnn-censored-him-ryan-saavedra

Lol CNN

Quote:Just hours before the town hall, according to Haab, Stevenson told him that he could ask one question, they had already written that question out for him and she told him that he had to "stick to the script."

Quote:BREAKING: ROTC Student Reveals Who At CNN Allegedly Censored Him For Town Hall Event

A producer for Jake Tapper...

Ryan SaavedraFebruary 22, 2018

Screenshot: Fox News Video
On Thursday evening, one of the students who acted heroically during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida revealed who at CNN allegedly censored him from speaking freely during CNN's one-sided anti-gun town hall event on Wednesday night. Earlier that day, CNN adamantly denied the student's initial claim that questions were "scripted."

Colton Haab, the heroic ROTC student who shielded students during the shooting, appeared on Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight" with host Tucker Carlson where he alleged that CNN producer Carrie Stevenson, who is the executive producer for Jake Tapper's "State of the Union" television show on Sundays, was the person who censored him.

"What had happened was four days ago I had gotten contacted by a lady named Carrie Stevenson from CNN," Haab said. "She had asked me originally to just write a speech, it was going to be at the town hall at the BB&T Center, so I agreed, I felt like it would be the right thing to do, to be able to go to speak my part as well as open eyes to a few things that I thought that could make this situation a little bit better."

Haab then went on to describe how Stevenson kept reaching out to him and kept changing what she wanted him to do to prepare for the town hall, from writing a speech to writing questions.

Just hours before the town hall, according to Haab, Stevenson told him that he could ask one question, they had already written that question out for him and she told him that he had to "stick to the script."

“It was very upsetting to me,” Haab said.

“It’s shocking to us too, trust me, in the actual journalism business,” Carlson concluded.

Thursday morning, CNN issued a statement calling Haab's initial claim that questions were scripted "absolutely" untrue. "There is absolutely no truth to this. CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night's town hall, nor have we ever," the network insisted.

Watch Haab's interview with Carlson below:

Related: CNN Accuses Student Survivor Of Lying About 'Scripted' Questions

School Officer Avoided Confronting Gunman For 4-6 Minutes While Students Were Slaughtered
(02-23-2018, 12:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/27486/breaking-rotc-student-reveals-who-cnn-censored-him-ryan-saavedra

Lol CNN

he said they said
https://www.snopes.com/did-cnn-give-shooting-survivor-questions/

LOL Dailywire/Fox
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-23-2018, 01:12 AM)Dill Wrote: he said they said

LOL Dailywire/Fox

So, either this student is lying or CNN is.  Your assertion then is that this student, who survived a massacre, is lying to score political points?
(02-23-2018, 01:14 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, either this student is lying or CNN is.  Your assertion then is that this student, who survived a massacre, is lying to score political points?

lol Wow. 

My "assertion" was that he said one thing and CNN said another. And the Snopes search suggested no definitive criteria for deciding one way or another.

No doubt, though, a student who survived a massacre could not lie.

Wonder where you are going with this. Do you have the definitive criteria Snopes didn't or are we just in for an angry framing of the incident?
(02-23-2018, 01:12 AM)Dill Wrote: he said they said

LOL Dailywire/Fox

Watch the video.
(02-23-2018, 01:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Watch the video.

Did. 

Wonder what were the "real" questions that all the parents and kids wanted asked but didn't get.
(02-23-2018, 01:25 AM)Dill Wrote: No doubt, though, a student who survived a massacre could not lie.

So you think CNN is lying.  Yet another nail in the coffin of a once respected news source.  Sad.
(02-23-2018, 02:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you think CNN is lying.  Yet another nail in the coffin of a once respected news source.  Sad.

You're trolling....you know CNN fans are neither rational nor smart.
--------------------------------------------------------

They said on the radio this morning that he submitted an essay and questions and he got "different questions" back.

Did he ask those different questions?

Were they completely different or were they simply re-worded?

Why didn't they change everyone's script, if they did one?

Why did only one student accuse them if they did the rest?

Lot's of questions.  CNN looks much worse if they would not allow the student to ask the questions they wanted.  If it's just rewording then the story looks like its blown completely out of proportion.  Probably by a group that wants to push that all the students are actors anyway.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the most simple explanation is likely the correct one: He's not being honest

I find it unlikely that if CNN scripted an event with dozens of people that only one person invited was conservative and has been willing to speak out against it. Also, once you have the mic, what's stopping you from asking your question?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-23-2018, 02:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you think CNN is lying.  Yet another nail in the coffin of a once respected news source.  Sad.

Unless the people at CNN survived a massacre too.

Then we are back to he said they said.  
(02-23-2018, 10:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the most simple explanation is likely the correct one: He's not being honest

I find it unlikely that if CNN scripted an event with dozens of people that only one person invited was conservative and has been willing to speak out against it. Also, once you have the mic, what's stopping you from asking your question?

Yeah, the logic doesn't jive. Though to the last point, fear. Not all people are going to be willing to buck authority in that way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-23-2018, 10:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the most simple explanation is likely the correct one: He's not being honest

I have zero doubt that CNN producers probably cleaned up all of their questions to make them all flow together for the show. They probably have some of the children better talking points to make sure the show was smooth.

This is very possible that one of the producers just got over her skies a little and decided the Show flowed better with her question instead of the kids. I am sure CNN has no interest in talking about Armed vets at schools. The show had a clear agenda and that’s fine it’s their show. Heck town hall’s are scripted.
(02-23-2018, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, the logic doesn't jive. Though to the last point, fear. Not all people are going to be willing to buck authority in that way.

But if he was willing to say it after? 

I'm guessing the truth is more in the middle but that it will feed the desire for some to say CNN is completely awful and it was all fixed to make Trump look bad.
(02-23-2018, 11:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have zero doubt that CNN producers probably cleaned up all of their questions to make them all flow together for the show.   They probably have some of the children better talking points to make sure the show was smooth.    

This is very possible that one of the producers just got over her skies a little and decided the Show flowed better with her question instead of the kids.   I am sure CNN has no interest in talking about Armed vets at schools.  The show had a clear agenda and that’s fine it’s their show.  Heck town hall’s are scripted.

I think vetting participants is more plausible than writing questions. I have no doubt that both the White House one (which had more conservative questions) and the CNN one (which had more liberal questions) were "stacked" in that sense, but they did have a Trump voter teacher ask Rubio about arming teachers, so I doubt they were against asking about veterans. 

CNN seemed to suggest his dad's beef was not being able to give a speech, only being able to ask a question. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-23-2018, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: But if he was willing to say it after? 

I'm guessing the truth is more in the middle but that it will feed the desire for some to say CNN is completely awful and it was all fixed to make Trump look bad.

There is a difference between in the moment and after the fact on the fear. But I'm also not saying that is the case, just that fear can be a confounder in that logic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-23-2018, 11:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think vetting participants is more plausible than writing questions. I have no doubt that both the White House one (which had more conservative questions) and the CNN one (which had more liberal questions) were "stacked" in that sense, but they did have a Trump voter teacher ask Rubio about arming teachers, so I doubt they were against asking about veterans. 

CNN seemed to suggest his dad's beef was not being able to give a speech, only being able to ask a question. 

That would make more sense.
(02-23-2018, 11:29 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is a difference between in the moment and after the fact on the fear. But I'm also not saying that is the case, just that fear can be a confounder in that logic.

I understand that, and to piggy back on what Pat wrote above if it was the dad and not the student that said something.
(02-23-2018, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: But if he was willing to say it after? 

As the resident centrist.....I feel compelled to say that a lot of the "news" sources do a pretty damn fine job of proving they are awful. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

(02-23-2018, 11:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: As the resident centrist.....I feel compelled to say that a lot of the "news" sources do a pretty damn fine job of proving they are awful. LMAO

Honest to jebus I don't watch any of them.  I haven't for years.

I see the stuff posted around the internet and here.

But my parents are addicted to MSNBC.  (Both in their 70's) and I see it when I'm there or when we are on vacation as they leave it on ALL DAY.

I don't know how they can stand it.