Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calexit Gaining Steam!
http://www.newsweek.com/calexit-group-says-its-time-californians-take-back-those-tax-dollars-us-push-644724

All I can do is shake my head and say to myself, "Do people not think anymore?".

Let's treat this thread as a scientific study

And

GO!
A very large amount of Californians swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic. One might consider that secessionists could fall into that enemy category. Merely saying, I don't think such an act would be carried out in a neat and painless manner.
(08-02-2017, 12:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A very large amount of Californians swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic.  One might consider that secessionists could fall into that enemy category.  Merely saying, I don't think such an act would be carried out in a neat and painless manner.

There's also the fact that California has military and naval bases, unless that's what you are referring.

Questions these people must ask themselves is
Why is California the fifth or sixth largest economy in the world?
How do they defend themselves from a foreign invasion?
What happens if all the illegals who are made citizens vote to become part of Mexico?
Where will water come from in the southern part of the state?
What happens when there is a mass exodus of money and labor before succession?
What currency will California use?
What happens to the economy when the United States closes military bases?
What happens to those people who vote against succession and can't leave?
How will California control it's border?
What happens when government money dries up for colleges and universities?
What happens to the infrastructure, roads, power, gas, gasoline, water?

I always got a kick out of those people in Texas who murmured about succession and those couple hundred in Indiana a couple years ago as well. Now it's the Left and I have to say, I get a kick out of this too.

Here's another crazy thought.
What happens when California votes to succeed and Washington State and Oregon decide to do so as well, do those states have the resolve to fight and what happens when they lose?

I'm sure there are many a Democrat in the rest of the country who would move to the West Coast to start a commune of 50,000,000 people but are they willing to kill or be killed to do so?
There is no legal way for them to vote themselves out of the U.S., the fact they think they as a state can simply choose to leave is funny.
The former head of the Calexit movement - the one that made it a thing in the first place - has deep ties with Russia. He even lives there now, isn't that cute.
To quote one of the greatest 45 presidents that have ever lived: Which is interesting. You know - which is interesting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Same old, same old.

Texas threatens every time they feel their "way of life" is being threatened.  Which usually means a Democrat is in the office of the President.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
If the three west coast states (which is what would likely happen if California actually did this....maybe even Nevada), could peacefully secede from the United States, I would gladly make the move from Cincinnati. Living in a place in where the government was a better reflection of my morals would be nice, and the west coast if far more appealing in nearly every way.

It would not be peaceful though....the United States would never let that part of their economy go.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-02-2017, 09:40 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the three west coast states (which is what would likely happen if California actually did this....maybe even Nevada), could peacefully secede from the United States, I would gladly make the move from Cincinnati.  Living in a place in where the government was a better reflection of my morals would be nice, and the west coast if far more appealing in nearly every way.

It would not be peaceful though....the United States would never let that part of their economy go.

Come to Oregon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oregon-kate-brown-health-care_us_5980b072e4b08e1430061419?section=us_politics
If Texas and CA united they could probably raise a pretty formidable military. Unfortunately for them, the "enemy" military is already well established in their land.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

“We feel that California has been neglected and left out of the political process for many, many decades,” Gonzales told the Bee.

I mean, really? They have been neglected out of the political process for many decades? Wtf is that guy using for drugs. They have the most reps in Congress with 53 (12% overall), and 2 senators like all other states. Nancy Pelosi a few years back was House Majority leader that helped spearhead Obamacare through. Ronald Reagon was President for 8 years, after being Governor of Cal, as he was also a resident there for the last half of his life. Heck, even Obama changed some of his social views in large part because of the Hollywood/Cali liberal crowds.

But now some want to secede because of one sitting President? In my opinion, those people are no better than the Confederates that wanted to secede once Lincoln won the nomination in 1860. **** em.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Funniest bit of this all is the type of Californians who want to leave are the exact same people who refer to Confederate monuments as tributes to traitors and things like that.

Absolutely 0 self awareness.

Not to mention California relies on other states for water, oil, and electricity. Sure they grow food, but enjoy trying to grow food without water, oil, and electricity.

Remind me how leaving worked out for South Carolina, again?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Ok has any of the Texas Succession talk actually ever come from anyone credible?  Or just local nut jobs with guns?  And members of the State legislature don't count as legitimate sources because they represent their communities (and can be as off as any other crazy) and not the state itself.

I ask because I never hear about this shyt in the news here.  No one with half a brain ever talks about it.  Any references I've seen from the past are always local nut jobs.
Fine with me.

Without their 55 electoral votes, a Calexit means there would never again be a democrat president. Hallelujah!

One stipulation before the succession can be granted...that the president of California pay for the wall extension.

[Image: trumpannounces-plan-natio-border-wall-an...184550.png]
(08-02-2017, 10:33 PM)Vlad Wrote: Fine with me.

Without their 55 electoral votes, a Calexit means there would never again be a democrat president. Hallelujah!

One stipulation before the succession can be granted...that the president of California pay for the wall extension.

[Image: trumpannounces-plan-natio-border-wall-an...184550.png]

I bet they'd pay for it too.  Just like Mexico is.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
THEORETICALLY, pretending this was going to actually happen...

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/california/

Only the South 1/2-2/3 of California would leave. The North 1/3-1/2 or so would become North California or New California or something, and stay a US State.

There's been rumblings in the past about trying to split California into 2 or more States., which probably should happen.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-02-2017, 09:40 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the three west coast states (which is what would likely happen if California actually did this....maybe even Nevada), could peacefully secede from the United States, I would gladly make the move from Cincinnati.  Living in a place in where the government was a better reflection of my morals would be nice, and the west coast if far more appealing in nearly every way.

Same.  I used to go out to SF or LA about a month out of every summer when I was a kid.  Always told my wife we'd move there if we ever had a chance.  She said she'd never do it b/c of her ties here.  Finally took her out there with my son to meet some family in May.  When we got back, she's all like "How the hell do we find a way to move out there?".

I love Cincy and NKY.  I love the minuscule cost of living here.  A lot.  All that said, the weather alone would be enough to get me to move out there.  The people were just as if not friendlier than the reputed Southern hospitality I allegedly live among daily.  They just don't seem to get as worked up about things. 
[Image: fWx327.gif]
I say strike a deal with them. If they stop grumbling about how the rest of the U.S., then they are welcome to keep all sanctuary cities only if they take in all illegal immigrants that come from central & south america. If an illegal is caught in Nebraska for example, then they can be deported to California. And on top of that, all refugee's from around the world will be sent to California so they can take care of them. The U.S. would help pay for it of course, but they have to keep them.

The kicker of all of this is that they would have to pass a voter ID law though for elections, to make sure only legal citizens can vote, as ALL citizens of the U.S. should have an ID. (I never understood how voter ID laws discriminate against legal citizens that can easily go down to get a state issued ID)

Thoughts?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

If they really want to stick it to the US, they should adopt the Confederate battle flag as their national flag. Redneck s would lose their minds at the sight of libtards waving their precious.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-02-2017, 01:51 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There's also the fact that California has military and naval bases, unless that's what you are referring.

Questions these people must ask themselves is
Why is California the fifth or sixth largest economy in the world?
How do they defend themselves from a foreign invasion?
What happens if all the illegals who are made citizens vote to become part of Mexico?
Where will water come from in the southern part of the state?
What happens when there is a mass exodus of money and labor before succession?
What currency will California use?
What happens to the economy when the United States closes military bases?
What happens to those people who vote against succession and can't leave?
How will California control it's border?
What happens when government money dries up for colleges and universities?
What happens to the infrastructure, roads, power, gas, gasoline, water?

I always got a kick out of those people in Texas who murmured about succession and those couple hundred in Indiana a couple years ago as well. Now it's the Left and I have to say, I get a kick out of this too.

Here's another crazy thought.
What happens when California votes to succeed and Washington State and Oregon decide to do so as well, do those states have the resolve to fight and what happens when they lose?

I'm sure there are many a Democrat in the rest of the country who would move to the West Coast to start a commune of 50,000,000 people but are they willing to kill or be killed to do so?

Yeah, a bunch of States thought about leaving, all at the same time.  How did that work out?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23