Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#^%#.... Call Peko
Atkins and Daniels still not practicing, and now Christian Covington is out with a biceps injury. Get Peko in here, at least he stays healthy and can plug the hole.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Atkins and Daniels still not practicing, and now Christian Covington is out with a biceps injury. Get Peko in here, at least he stays healthy and can plug the hole.

Let's think outside of the box. Call up one of those guys from the World's Strongest Man Competition.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Naw, I say call the man who is reportedly in great shape and can come in and play effectively immediately. Reader basically has no one to spell him right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's think outside of the box. Call up one of those guys from the World's Strongest Man Competition.

Sunset is too busy to play on Sundays. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Atkins and Daniels still not practicing, and now Christian Covington is out with a biceps injury. Get Peko in here, at least he stays healthy and can plug the hole.

Not a bad idea. Doubt ZT will do it though. What the heck is up with the Covington fap injury? 

Reply/Quote

Covington practiced full.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Covington practiced full.

Quote:It never stops. Christian Covington, who got the start Thursday night in place of Atkins, went full Wednesday but appeared on the injury report with a biceps issue.
Reply/Quote
Dudes that opted out could have made a name for themselves this year. Not seeing many covid cases in the NFL (none). Looks like they may have chose poorly.
Reply/Quote

I know, but he still practiced full.

Brady was on the injury report, but practiced full, for a good 13 years of his career.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Peko would probably be a good midseason pickup anyway even with Atkins and Daniels being healthy.
Daniels is better as a pass rusher than run defender, so I'd look for Daniels to rotate with Atkins and rush on 3rd down situations.
Peko, to me, would be good to rotate with Reader and also come in next to Reader in clear run stuff situations, as Peko is better against the run than pass.
Allow Peko to be that 5th DT in case someone has to miss due to injury. Otherwise, he can be inactive on gamedays.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's think outside of the box. Call up one of those guys from the World's Strongest Man Competition.

I vote Sumo wrestler.

Though your suggestion does have the benefit that if someone parks their semi in the wrong parking spot at PBS, he could just move it out of the way. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 10:25 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know, but he still practiced full.

Brady was on the injury report, but practiced full, for a good 13 years of his career.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but the way I read it was he came up with the injury AFTER practicing full.....
Reply/Quote

Apparently we've shown interest in Snacks. Although maybe the coaching staff just wanted to get actual snacks for staff meetings and Schefter misunderstood. Kidding.

He has in the past squawked about wanting to play for a winner, so I doubt he signs with an 0-2 team. Also if he was contemplating retirement you wonder what kind of shape he is in. But still something to keep on the radar.
Reply/Quote
They better do something soon. Readers snap counts were way too high last game. At this pace he will be broke down also.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 11:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Peko would probably be a good midseason pickup anyway even with Atkins and Daniels being healthy.
Daniels is better as a pass rusher than run defender, so I'd look for Daniels to rotate with Atkins and rush on 3rd down situations.
Peko, to me, would be good to rotate with Reader and also come in next to Reader in clear run stuff situations, as Peko is better against the run than pass.
Allow Peko to be that 5th DT in case someone has to miss due to injury. Otherwise, he can be inactive on gamedays.

This, I have been a Peko hater before but he is what we need at this moment as he stays healthy and is a good run stopper.
Reply/Quote
What!?! McCullers was on the Steelers PS and we didn’t snatch him while we’ve been looking for a NT? Too late now, Bears got him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/24/bears-lose-john-jenkins-add-steelers-practice-squader/
Reply/Quote
Get somebody if they can afford to. Peko, Snacks, hell....where's Pat Sims these days?
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with bringing Peko in. We need to do something to stop the run or its just going to be more of the same, imo. We are razor thin at DT with Atkins and Daniels out, not too mention the two guys who opted out of the season. We are missing them all right now.

BUT, beyond that we tackled very poorly as a team against the Clowns. It starts up front for sure, but the overall tackling has got to improve all over.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 I'm not usually big on old Bengal retreads. TS, go sign this man now. It makes complete sense AND he's probably one of the best fullbacks out there (cris-crossing threads). Then the Offensive brain-child can add some running plays with a FB to get Mixon going and thus, giving JoeB some PA time to throw.

Let's not wait until the 2nd half of a lost season to figure this one out...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 12:03 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote:
Apparently we've shown interest in Snacks. Although maybe the coaching staff just wanted to get actual snacks for staff meetings and Schefter misunderstood. Kidding.

He has in the past squawked about wanting to play for a winner, so I doubt he signs with an 0-2 team. Also if he was contemplating retirement you wonder what kind of shape he is in. But still something to keep on the radar.

he'd prfer to play for a winner i'm guessing  Cool
Reply/Quote