Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call The First Play
Draw play to Mixon, left B gap. 
Reply/Quote
Bread and butter. Deep bomb to AJ.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Won't be open?  You think teams will just start lining up in Punt Return formation?  What CB or S is going to win that footrace, on a 9 route versus Ross?

Well, if it were impossible to cover him, then we will be fine regardless. I think they'll just have a deep safety over him when he lines up outside, which will open up short routes really well.

We'll see. I don't expect him to be open every single time he runs straight down the field. Otherwise, he'd be the best receiver in the league.
Reply/Quote
7 yard slant route to Boyd crossing over the middle.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Redmond will jump before the play starts so it will be 1st and 15. Then will take too long getting the play in and ML will call a timeout. Then they will be afraid so Mixon up the middle for 1/2 yard.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kick off.... Deep Right

oh you mean when we are on offense?

15 yard slant to T Boyd.

Exactly what I was going to say.

I'm glad I read the responses first...
Reply/Quote
Quarterback John Stofa takes the snap from Bob Johnson and pitches to RB Paul Robinson. The Cactus Comet follows strong blocking by tight end Bob Trumpy for a nice 5-yard gain. Sept. 6, 1968 at San Diego vs. the Chargers. You could look it up.
Reply/Quote
Off tackle to the right for 3.....Book it
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 05:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just for fun, but I have a hope of what it will be and that will be my guess:

As sexy as it would be to say "Bomb to Ross!", I want the first play to be a very simple run to the RIGHT side of the line, with Boling pulling around.  I think they went with Redmond and Hart because they have the sand in their pants to move guys and plow the field for Mixon.  I think the first play will get 6 yards and will go right behind the right side of the line, with a pulling Boling leading the way and crushing the OLB.  

Then, I hope they run it again, for six more yards.  

Then, I hope they LINE UP like that again, only go play-action and air it out to Ross.  (which he catches cleanly for a 60 yard TD...I had to put that, too).

God, would I love that...

What is your prediction?

Was going to say bomb to Ross lol

TE screen to Eifert is what i will go with.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton pitch to Mixon for a sweep right.  Mixon hands the ball to Ross on a reverse.  Colts defense sniffs out the reverse and converge on Ross, but Dalton, instead of just rolling out of the play, has maintained lead pitch position so that just before Ross is tackled he can act like an option QB and pitch the ball to Dalton.  

80 yd td run for Dalton.

Driskell would have to take the next series. Andy hasn't run 80 yards since jr high school. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 09:38 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Quarterback John Stofa takes the snap from Bob Johnson and pitches to RB Paul Robinson.  The Cactus Comet follows strong blocking by tight end Bob Trumpy for a nice 5-yard gain.  Sept. 6, 1968 at San Diego vs. the Chargers.  You could look it up.

Repped for the memory. I remember Speedy, too.  Best name ever to play for us, followed by Boobie Clark. I like boobies, but not on football players (no offense to Andre Smith). ThumbsUp
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hand off to Mixon - Up the middle.. Loss of 1 yard.
Reply/Quote
Screen to Mixon.

I believe it was during the game versus the Cowboys that the announcers made a comment that Lazor likes to do a ridiculous amount of screens. If you're going to run them over and over, may as well do it out the gate.
Reply/Quote
Punt.

Colts will never see it coming.
Reply/Quote
First play Andy takes a knee, and he will do the same for the last play of the game at the Superbowl. It'll be symbolic and prophetic at the same time. Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
a Mixon sweep, that officially eliminates the Browns from playoff contention.
Reply/Quote
Mixon up the middle for 5 yard gain
Reply/Quote
Playaction 10 yard curl to Adriel Jeremiah Green.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Off coverage quick slant to green for 9.
Reply/Quote
Center sneak and Price for the TD..  Is that play even permitted in the NFL?  I know it used to be popular in backyard football. And NOBODY would see it coming . 
Check that.. After 3 false starts by Redmond and throwing from the 5 the Colts are caught taking a nap and the slowest long bomb in league history to Auden Tate.. a 95 yard TD!   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote