Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Calling it Now: Bengals, Bills & Hamlin
If the game were at Paycor I would have expected ge be invited and honored if he were healthy enough
Reply/Quote
Those sobs. Having their player attend a game.

Bastards
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:13 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Sled and I agreeing on a lot lately.  I agree with this statement as well.  The Bengals were just as rocked as the Bills by why happened on the field last Monday.  I'd imagine it would give them a big boost to see Hamlin doing well and smiling. 

There seems to be this thought that guys can't play their best game unless they're angry and wanting to punish someone on the field.  I don't believe that's actually true, though.  Sure, the energy helps because it's a long game and motivation of any kind is good.  But motivation comes in many forms.  And focus and playing with focus is more important than playing because you hate the guts of the guy across from you.  They can be competitive, play hard and win while being happy about Hamlin and liking the Bills.  

I agree with this.

I would like to see the Bengals players genuinely delighted for Lamar (which they will be, as should be the fans) and always presenting a happy and uplifting image -- and keep any extra motivation for a particular game burning hidden below the surface. Being externally angry rarely works out and can cause loss of focus in a game that requires focus

Michael Jordan was a master of being an externally likeable guy, who appeared to be enjoying himself, rather than an angry player. He would take opposing players  out to dinner the night before a game, present a happy and pleasant image, but hold a grudge about perceived slights below the surface, as an extra motivation. 

The Bengals are a high-character bunch. I'd like the public to see that. And I don't consider the Mixon coin toss to go against that at all: those players involved with that were laughing and having a fun time. Let the Ravens and opposing teams be the ones to lose their composure.
Reply/Quote
I'm not one to say it's too early to be drunk, but it might be for OP.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:24 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I know we have to win this weekend but when hearing the news this morning that Hamlin was released from the Buffalo hospital to go home, the cynic in me can easily see the Bills having Hamilin at the Bills-Bengals game should both teams make it to the division round.  I am sure the Buffalo organization wouldn't stoop to such lows.....but I have a feeling.

So he was discharged from the hospital today.  Is he not allowed to attend a game to see is team and the other team that was affected by the incident that night?

Nothing to talk about here.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The board takes some really homerish/strange views sometimes.

This being one.

I'm sure it will be good for Hamlin to attend the game.
Reply/Quote
Next thing you know them ******** up in Buffalo will be bringing their wives to the game. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Good thread. Would read again.
Reply/Quote
I see the Bills trying to use the situation as a competitive advantage. Yes I am pissed about getting robbed of the opportunity to beat them at home and I am equally miffed they didn’t full throatedly support Katie Blackburn and the Bengals when the NFL was changing the rules. Glad Hamlin is doing great but I am definitely not feeling the brotherly love that a lot of Bengals and Bills fans seemingly have towards each other. I may be on an island in this but I am not a fan of the Bills right now
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: By the way, if the Bengals and Bills do meet, it would be an appropriate Sunday night or Saturday night game. Would be a ratings bonanza.

No.

The Jags/Chargers vs KC Chiefs game will be Sunday Night an that will be the ratings bonanza of all time.  Ninja

Bills vs Bengals game will be early Saturday Matinee game. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:01 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I see the Bills trying to use the situation as a competitive advantage. Yes I am pissed about getting robbed of  the opportunity to beat them at home and I am equally miffed they didn’t full throatedly support Katie Blackburn and the Bengals when the NFL was changing the rules.  Glad Hamlin is doing great but I am definitely not feeling the brotherly love that a lot of Bengals and Bills fans seemingly have towards each other.  I may be on an island in this but I am not a fan of the Bills right now

You’re not alone. Have disliked the Bills ever since the BS from Marv Levy in 1988. Another case when the NFL changed the rules just prior to a play off game to favor the Bills. Beat them then, hope history repeats.

Edit: To clarify before some come at me, I see nothing wrong with Damar being at the game(s) and expect he will be at the game this weekend. It remains to be seen how the media will spin the narrative.
Reply/Quote
Ummmmmm….
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Dudes, I think the OP gets it.....

But just in case.

OP: That would not be low

I hope Hamlin is watching the game on TV as Miami travels to Cincy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dudes, I think the OP gets it.....

But just in case.

Exactly. Much less stress once the Bills are eliminated. He can just sit back and enjoy a football game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Actually, if I'm the Bengals I flip the script and have the players come out of the tunnel, stop, turn toward Hamlin and give him a round of applause.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If I were Hamlin and were able I would 100% be at the game, and he'll probably be in the owner's box because I doubt they will want his lungs in the cold air. That said, I'm also 100% all the Bengals players would love to see him and cheer him as well. I don't get it?

That way Hamlin can wish us luck in the AFCCG!!
Reply/Quote
The more pissy thing to me is there's no coin flip for homefield advantage if the Bills/Bengals meet. What gives with that?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah not sure I get this one.  So if Damar is healthy enough to attend a game and the Bills don't play the Bengals it is okay for him to be there.   But if they play the Bengals it is somehow low or disrespectful for him to be there?  That doesn't make sense to me.  My impression is that most of the Bengals players are pretty decent people so my guess is that they would be glad to see Damar there and see his condition improving.

I agree with all of this and honestly, I think several players would play better seeing him there and moving around. Especially Higgins who has been dealing with a good amount of drama from this unfortunately.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dudes, I think the OP gets it.....

But just in case.

I guess I am being inarticulate here.  I am not saying it would be low for him To attend any playoff game. If he does not attend this weekends game against Miami I would not be surprised in the least if his first game in attendance  would be the Bengal-Bill game and  I would guarantee they would make that announcement to the stadium before kickoff. Call me jaded but that’s they way I see it. It wouldn’t be low so to speak but The Bills would try to use it as a competitive advantage. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:24 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I know we have to win this weekend but when hearing the news this morning that Hamlin was released from the Buffalo hospital to go home, the cynic in me can easily see the Bills having Hamilin at the Bills-Bengals game should both teams make it to the division round. I am sure the Buffalo organization wouldn't stoop to such lows.....but I have a feeling.

I honestly don’t think we advance this weekend. Why wasn’t the most likely scenario Cincy Vs Buff addressed. That game would have decided if we go there or here. I’m not a conspiracy theory type of person, but depending on how we look this weekend, it will be tough to convince me the big games aren’t rigged. Don’t think the league intends to have us play Buff period.
Reply/Quote