Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Calling it Now: Bengals, Bills & Hamlin
(01-12-2023, 01:39 AM)EatonFan Wrote: The more pissy thing to me is there's no coin flip for homefield advantage if the Bills/Bengals meet.  What gives with that?

I wonder if we've heard the last of this. The optics would be really bad. They may not be talking much about it now but the timing may also not be right yet. If the Bills beat the Dolphins and we take care of business, that debate will be the low-hanging fruit for media nationwide. It won't just be about Hamlin anymore- we'll be three weeks removed from that story. The equally compelling one will be, "And... why are they playing in Buffalo? How did they settle that game? What agreement was made between Zac and Sean? So Zac... forfeited, I guess? There was no coin flip to decide this divisional home team but there would have been one to decide the... wild card home team?" etc. 

If there's any backstory that hasn't yet been publicized- from that night or since- you gotta figure it will be. It's one thing to be a homer. But this situation is so absurd that it still has a chance to blow up in the league's face in unprecedented fashion. I wonder if they'll just sit on their hands and watch it unfold; or if there's something they'll yet do to mitigate the risk.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think half the forum has gone braindead since the Monday night game. So much constant whining, complaining, and victim playing. Been hard to spend much time here the past 2 weeks. 

Totally agree and if we meet the Bills and lose in buffalo get ready for it again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:58 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I guess I am being inarticulate here.  I am not saying it would be low for him To attend any playoff game. If he does not attend this weekends game against Miami I would not be surprised in the least if his first game in attendance  would be the Bengal-Bill game and  I would guarantee they would make that announcement to the stadium before kickoff. Call me jaded but that’s they way I see it. It wouldn’t be low so to speak but The Bills would try to use it as a competitive advantage. 

Okay, so am I following this correctly?  Do you mean if the Bengals end up playing the Bills next week and Damar is healthy enough to attend the game the following might happen?

1.  Damar attends the game.
  2.  They announce to the stadium that Damar is at the game before kickoff.
  3.  The announcement of Damar attending the game will in some way put the Bengals at a disadvantage.  A bigger disadvantage than already playing at the Bills stadium.
  4.   So by making said announcement the Bills would be scheming such dastardly deeds to purposely manipulate the situation for a competitive advantage.
I mean I can see the announcement maybe making the crowd a bit more enthusiastic briefly but I don't think it would affect their behavior the entire game.  I don't think announcing to the crowd that he was there would be taking advantage of anything.  It would make sense to let the fans know he was there given everything that happened.   I don't see an announcement of Damar being at the game affecting the Bengals players in a negative way.   Again I think they would be glad that he was doing better and was there.  

I'm sorry I just don't see Damar attending the game and it being announced as trying to take advantage of the situation.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:24 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I know we have to win this weekend but when hearing the news this morning that Hamlin was released from the Buffalo hospital to go home, the cynic in me can easily see the Bills having Hamilin at the Bills-Bengals game should both teams make it to the division round.  I am sure the Buffalo organization wouldn't stoop to such lows.....but I have a feeling.

this can be easily neutralized by our team wearing Hamlin support T-shirts like they've done, heck even wear a #3 patch too on the jerseys.  I hope they do the patch if we play the bills. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:18 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: this can be easily neutralized by our team wearing Hamlin support T-shirts like they've done, heck even wear a #3 patch too on the jerseys.  I hope they do the patch if we play the bills. 

Now that is psy-ops warfare that could actually work…lol
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:18 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Okay, so am I following this correctly?  Do you mean if the Bengals end up playing the Bills next week and Damar is healthy enough to attend the game the following might happen?

3.  The announcement of Damar attending the game will in some way put the Bengals at a disadvantage.  A bigger disadvantage than already playing at the Bills stadium.
  4.   So by making said announcement the Bills would be scheming such dastardly deeds to purposely manipulate the situation for a competitive advantage.
I mean I can see the announcement maybe making the crowd a bit more enthusiastic briefly but I don't think it would affect their behavior the entire game.  I don't think announcing to the crowd that he was there would be taking advantage of anything.  It would make sense to let the fans know he was there given everything that happened.   I don't see an announcement of Damar being at the game affecting the Bengals players in a negative way.   Again I think they would be glad that he was doing better and was there.  

I'm sorry I just don't see Damar attending the game and it being announced as trying to take advantage of the situation.
Yeah…I think that’s the gist of it.  And I agree the Bengals can overcome it.  I guess I just don’t see the Bills somehow as a sympathetic victims I. All this now. Hamlin?….Yea for sure…but my jaded world view tells me the Bills are going to use this situation the best they can to their advantage 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 04:04 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I honestly don’t think we advance this weekend. Why wasn’t the most likely scenario Cincy Vs Buff addressed. That game would have decided if we go there or here. I’m not a conspiracy theory type of person, but depending on how we look this weekend, it will be tough to convince me the big games aren’t rigged. Don’t think the league intends to have us play Buff period.

Well in that case Miami will need to beat Buffalo because we will win this Sunday!
Reply/Quote
Not sure what you’re going for here, Clark..
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:18 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Okay, so am I following this correctly?  Do you mean if the Bengals end up playing the Bills next week and Damar is healthy enough to attend the game the following might happen?

Yeah…I think that’s the gist of it.  And I agree the Bengals can overcome it.  I guess I just don’t see the Bills somehow as a sympathetic victims I. All this now. Hamlin?….Yea for sure…but my jaded world view tells me the Bills are going to use this situation the best they can to their advantage 
Reply/Quote