Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Radio - Worried about our OL and our run defense
(09-08-2017, 02:49 PM)3wt Wrote: Peko - like lots of Bengals - was underappreciated.  He was a space eater who could move well laterally and occasionally good shoot the gaps.  But he could be moved backwards and often was.

But as of now he looks better than Billings.  Billings is getting washed out of his gaps regularly and is controlled by the O-linemen.   I sure hope he improves.  Glascow has looked better than Billings - but has not been anything to write home about.   Hopefully they improve with experience.

The run defense for the ones has been bad all pre-season.   A big concern.   And we have had trouble getting any movement in the run game in the middle of our offensive line.   The tackles have looked better than I thought they would.  But when the real bullets start flying...   We'll see.

Tucker is pretty good about looking at film, though how much I don't know.  He knows his stuff though.

I'd be very happy if both he and I have egg on our face and both interior lines kill it. 

Nah, Peko was overrated if anything and got washed out of gaps regularly as a 5 year veteran in his prime.

Billings is extremely young and coming off of injury. I expected learning curves and the injury created mental and physical curves.

Give Billings some time and you will see a stud. Something Peko never was, ever.

Run Defense is a concern for sure, early and is a big reason why we kept 3 NT's.

We just have to have a little patience and go bend but don't break early on while Billings and Glasgow get used to the next level.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 02:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, Peko was overrated if anything and got washed out of gaps regularly as a 5 year veteran in his prime.

Billings is extremely young and coming off of injury. I expected learning curves and the injury created mental and physical curves.

Give Billings some time and you will see a stud. Something Peko never was, ever.

Run Defense is a concern for sure, early and is a big reason why we kept 3 NT's.

We just have to have a little patience and go bend but don't break early on while Billings and Glasgow get used to the next level.

No offense, but I have a lot of respect for Elway and he gave Peko big bucks for a run stopping DT. His contract told me he has lots of respect for Peko unlike some of our fans who think they are experts, but far from it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 03:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No offense, but I have a lot of respect for Elway and he gave Peko big bucks for a run stopping DT. His contract told me he has lots of respect for Peko unlike some of our fans who think they are experts, but far from it.

No offense, and i also have a lot of respect for Elway and Zimmer who loved Peko but Peko is a one trick pony
and his one trick was stopping the run in his prime. He is far from his prime and for people on here to be sad that
he is gone makes me sick honestly.

Being a NT is not just taking up space, you need to move Guards and Centers.

Peko got washed out of the play all the damn time, i watched it for feels like my whole life.

This guy was one of the main players holding us back all these years cause he made our Defense easy to handle when
he was next to Geno. Geno got the double teams and Peko could never rush the passer.

Just double Geno and the Bengals D isn't so tough.

So glad that Peko is gone and Billings and Glasgow are here. Just watch this Defense grow this year and you will see
what i mean. It might be ugly early on with this youth but these young DT's, especially Billings will get it together and
watch out, cause either Geno or the other guy will be hitting QB's. With Peko, it was always Geno.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No offense, and i also have a lot of respect for Elway and Zimmer who loved Peko but Peko is a one trick pony
and his one trick was stopping the run in his prime. He is far from his prime and for people on here to be sad that
he is gone makes me sick honestly.

Being a NT is not just taking up space, you need to move Guards and Centers.

Peko got washed out of the play all the damn time, i watched it for feels like my whole life.

This guy was one of the main players holding us back all these years cause he made our Defense easy to handle when
he was next to Geno. Geno got the double teams and Peko could never rush the passer.

Just double Geno and the Bengals D isn't so tough.

So glad that Peko is gone and Billings and Glasgow are here. Just watch this Defense grow this year and you will see
what i mean. It might be ugly early on with this youth but these young DT's, especially Billings will get it together and
watch out, cause either Geno or the other guy will be hitting QB's. With Peko, it was always Geno.

Agreed,

Peko was a "good" rotational run stuffer/blocker eater in his prime. He's now well past his prime and he's completely a 1st down only run stuffer today. Or in other words a player who can easily be upgraded.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 04:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

Peko was a "good" rotational run stuffer/blocker eater in his prime. He's now well past his prime and he's completely a 1st down only run stuffer today. Or in other words a player who can easily be upgraded.

Most definately and just watch after the 5th game when Peko gets tired.

He will play balls out early in the season for the Broncos and then those guys will see what we have seen for years.

A totally mediocre DT that takes up space and chases RB's down from behind.

Love Peko off the field, great man but he never had the talent that Billings has or even Glasgow for that matter.

Still remember this guy running on the field with his little cape in the Stooler playoff game though. Whatever
Reply/Quote