Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cam "Energizer Bunny" Taylor Britt
So many players deserving of props, but I've consistently  been impressed by CTB handling his business out there since being activated.   He's not played mistake-free, but has held his own, and brought a stamp of physicality out there to mark his presence.  He was a player I had hoped we would draft in this past year's draft (amongst some other draft nerds here like myself), and it looks as If it was another great pick by the organization.  The INT was great, but I've been enjoying watching him this entire time since getting his opportunity.  He's shown some flashes of solid cover technique, and he definitely is not afraid to hit, which seems to be a common trait and theme for this lovable defense we have here.
Reply/Quote
CTB played a lot of snaps against Diggs yesterday. Diggs’ stat line:

4 receptions for 35 yards 0 TD’s

CTB literally had that man over on the Bills bench yelling at Josh Allen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Did I read CTB is currently the best tackler in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
Just flat out another great draft pick.
Reply/Quote
CTB certainly fit the locker room personality. He's gotten good experience this season and while he's had some rookie moments, he's developed and the arrow on his career continues to point upward. We've gotten a lot out or our rookie class. Given how late we picked that is a great job by our FO and scouting team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did I read CTB is currently the best tackler in the NFL?

This has been the narritive, but I remember someone posting some data that completely dispelled that narritive. I think it was PFF grading or something. 

I think CTB has been OK. He got beat a couple times yesterday and he's lucky balls were inaccurate or else they would have most likely been two walk in touchdowns. 

I also think having ELITE safety help over the top has benefited CTB immensily.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is how well he's played as a rookie. There's only room to improve from here. I am thrilled with the potential for CTB.
Reply/Quote
What I like about him, is what I love about Hilton....he is not afraid to mix it up in run support. He's a sound tackler. The more he's played, the better his coverage has become. I think he'll continue that improvement, but you can't teach that kind of fearlessness and physicality in the run game regarding CBs. He has that built in, and it's a great thing to see.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: What I like about him, is what I love about Hilton....he is not afraid to mix it up in run support. He's a sound tackler. The more he's played, the better his coverage has become. I think he'll continue that improvement, but you can't teach that kind of fearlessness and physicality in the run game regarding CBs. He has that built in, and it's a great thing to see.

Good tackling corners is one area where this defense is set apart from most. CTB is really good but Hilton is probably the best nickel in the league. He’s so good in run support that he can be on the field all 3 downs no matter the situation. Only helps that he has off the charts blitz timing as well.
that plus our defensive ends being very good at controlling the edge is why we match up so well against guys like Allen and Mahomes. They want to get outside the pocket and buy time.
Reply/Quote
It's nice having a CB who's not afraid to drop the hammer on some fools. Dude is a force and he's already improved a ton in coverage and will continue to learn and develop.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This has been the narritive, but I remember someone posting some data that completely dispelled that narritive. I think it was PFF grading or something. 

I think CTB has been OK. He got beat a couple times yesterday and he's lucky balls were inaccurate or else they would have most likely been two walk in touchdowns. 

I also think having ELITE safety help over the top has benefited CTB immensily.

Yeah, his grade is poor but it's really his missed tackle %. He has the 6th highest missed tackle % on the team. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 01:22 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Good tackling corners is one area where this defense is set apart from most. CTB is really good but Hilton is probably the best nickel in the league. He’s so good in run support that he can be on the field all 3 downs no matter the situation. Only helps that he has off the charts blitz timing as well.
that plus our defensive ends being very good at controlling the edge is why we match up so well against guys like Allen and Mahomes. They want to get outside the pocket and buy time.

You're exactly right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I also think having ELITE safety help over the top has benefited CTB immensily.

Are we only allowed to mention this when its CTB and not Eli? Ninja
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
CTB and Volson secure the '22 draft as a good one in my book of Bengals-related opinions. Dax, I think, is going to develop and contribute for seasons to come.
Reply/Quote
Although I do ***** love this quote:

#Bengals Cam Taylor-Britt on how they stop other team's top receivers: "Be physical, they don’t like that. Receivers are soft."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I was worried about him early in the year not getting playing time. He's not Revis but consistent improvement is the only thing you can ask and we are getting that.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Although I do ***** love this quote:

#Bengals Cam Taylor-Britt on how they stop other team's top receivers: "Be physical, they don’t like that. Receivers are soft."

Reply/Quote
Rich Gannon interviewed him on his show at 2pm, he represented us well.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think CTB has been OK. He got beat a couple times yesterday and he's lucky balls were inaccurate or else they would have most likely been two walk in touchdowns. 

Exactly.... Mahomes isn't going to miss those throws. Not pissing on the CTB kudo's, but Buffalo made him look good. They made everyone look good.

Reply/Quote