Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Taylor Britt
I feel like this isn't being talked about enough.

Starting tonight for an injured Eli Apple.

That's asking a lot for someone who was third on the depth chart during training camp.

Let's hope he's up for the challenge.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like this isn't being talked about enough.

That's asking a lot for someone who was third on the depth chart during training camp.

Fingers crossed. He doesn't have a whole lot of reps as he didn't even play CB in high school. He has three years of playing time in the Big 10 (four if you want to count limited action his freshman season) and limited NFL reps. I am not going to be surprised one bit to see him struggle, but I also won't crucify him for it. 
Reply/Quote
Luckily he got extended snaps last week due to the blowout. He has all the tools.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Fingers crossed. He doesn't have a whole lot of reps as he didn't even play CB in high school. He has three years of playing time in the Big 10 (four if you want to count limited action his freshman season) and limited NFL reps. I am not going to be surprised one bit to see him struggle, but I also won't crucify him for it. 

I saw he was actually drafted as a safety, did he play more safety vs cb in college? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 05:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I saw he was actually drafted as a safety, did he play more safety vs cb in college? 

He moved around some and played both CB and S. 
Reply/Quote
How a big time INT or a pick 6 from him
7 games in the Bengals CBs have a combined
0 INTs. Not a even a defensive TD to extend
On that thought. That has to improve.
Jamar Chase gives this team alot
Of voltage and energy on game day.
Let's see if this defense supply some
Tonight in a big North showdown
Reply/Quote
Awuzie on Amari Cooper

Going to need CTB to shut Peoples-Jones down.
*He is is definitely a #2; BUT a solid one that shows flashes of talent here and there. He is no joke.
**I bet the Stains pick on him all game until he proves not to
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 07:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: Awuzie on Amari Cooper

Going to need CTB to shut Peoples-Jones down.
*He is is definitely a #2; BUT a solid one that shows flashes of talent here and there. He is no joke.
**I bet the Stains pick on him all game until he proves not to

A pick 6 would be a quick way to prove not to pick on him.
Reply/Quote
Well hopefully Brisset spends all night picking up his chicklets, after the Bengal's D pounds his ass all night!
Reply/Quote
CTB put up one of the fastest times at the combine with a 4.38.

Just a 1/10th of a second slower than Kendrick Pryors 40 time by the way..

Concerned with lack of NFL playing time but CTB got some last week and think stopping Chubb is our biggest problem this game.

Hoping he seizes the job from Apple with a solid effort tonight actually.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 05:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I saw he was actually drafted as a safety, did he play more safety vs cb in college? 

He was drafted as CB that could play safety, the Bengals drafted him and immediately placed him at CB so he was drafted as a CB.  He started at safety during his sophomore year.  Sites like NFLDraftBuzz like to project position changes and at times are wrong.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 08:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He was drafted as CB that could play safety, the Bengals drafted him and immediately placed him at CB so he was drafted as a CB.  He started as safety during his sophomore year.  Sites like NFLDraftBuzz like to project position changes and at times are often wrong.

Yeah, I remember some people freaking out that we took “3 safeties” but CTB was 100% drafted to play outside CB.

Reply/Quote
I think Dax could step in sometimes at CB too.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like this isn't being talked about enough.

Thanks for this Weezy, this is huge. Hope CTB lives up to what I think he can be, he will struggle some, but Apple struggles
at times anyways, just don't get beat for TD's please. Double moves were CTB's problem in college and he sometimes plays 
too aggressive but he could be one hell of a Corner in the NFL and happy to have him.

We will see, if he is a blatant weakness or not, for damn sure Brissett will attack him just like he would Apple if he was in.

Awuzie is playing All-Pro right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 07:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: CTB put up one of the fastest times at the combine with a 4.38.

Just a 1/10th of a second slower than Kendrick Pryors 40 time by the way..

Concerned with lack of NFL playing time but CTB got some last week and think stopping Chubb is our biggest problem this game.

Hoping he seizes the job from Apple with a solid effort tonight actually.

I think the Bengals better get Kendrick Pryor back just for our mental health. He's living in our heads and hasn't even made a catch all year.
Reply/Quote
Love to see him lay claim to Apples spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 08:32 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think the Bengals better get Kendrick Pryor back just for our mental health. He's living in our heads and hasn't even made a catch all year.

True lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
All the faith in the world in him.

Apple has always been the weak link in this defence as much as we defend him to others.

Might get burnt once or twice but he’s young and will learn we’ve got a good one just need to be patient.

Saying that pick 6 tonight and he throws the ball at a Cleveland fans head and he automatically becomes ROH worthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 08:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I remember some people freaking out that we took “3 safeties” but CTB was 100% drafted to play outside CB.

IDK, if I'd call it "freaking out", but I did voice concern that we drafted the same player in the first 2 rounds. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have bad Shawn Williams vibes as I watched him react a couple steps late to breaks several times. We may need to have some patience with him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote