Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Taylor-Britt
I’ve been happy with him this year overall. He should continue to improve.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Actually it wasn't.

Lmao where do people get off saying this stuff?
Reply/Quote

It was not a good game from CTB but they did flip him to the field. I'm really impressed with Eli he flipped sides and played well even though he has barely had reps on the weak side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: As far as a rookie CB goes he is playing a little above average. With rookie CBs they generally play pretty badly with a couple good plays sprinkled in. Some times things are a bit misleading as CTB isn’t being targeted more because Apple is great, a lot of it is just trying to put him in situations he has simply never seen before.

His make up speed is impressive and he does well when he can use the sideline for help especially in the red zone. Where he gets in trouble is compressed sets with two way goes and less sideline help. He will learn but I am actually pretty high on him at this moment.

By the way, that last play is more complex than folks act like. It was 4th and 15 and they had over 10 seconds. You can’t straight bail because a deep out gives them a very manageable last play so you have to slow drop that’s why they set up deep. The issue is Thornton runs a 4.2 40 and he hit a little stutter there like he could take it out so CTB had to respect it but still was able to make up the ground.

Well said, nice post as usual Au165.  Cool

(12-24-2022, 07:11 PM)Synric Wrote: From college to the pros CTB gambles on his angles. He is an rookie though and you can see upside.

My only problem with him is he gambles too much still, will need to cut this back a bit.

(12-24-2022, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He sucked absolute raw, skank ass all game until that last play.

That last play was great though. 

Disagree Rfaulk. He made quite a few great plays today and made some bad ones. Overall it was a good game for CTB IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:19 PM)Synric Wrote: It was not a good game from CTB but they did flip him to the field. I'm really impressed with Eli he flipped sides and played well even though he has barely had reps on the weak side.

Oh, shit. You're right. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. No doubt, i'm being hard on him, when i probably wouldn't if he didn't have the potential. That play in the EZ really burned me up but i can put about 50% of the blame on Hilton if he didn't alert him the ball was in the air. That one just looked really bad. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh, shit. You're right. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. No doubt, i'm being hard on him, when i probably wouldn't if he didn't have the potential. That play in the EZ really burned me up but i can put about 50% of the blame on Hilton if he didn't alert him the ball was in the air. That one just looked really bad. 

I'm gonna call it a very underrated great decision by Captain Lou. I've been thinking a couple weeks that CTB fits a slot role but using him on the strong side mainly with Bates against the field really works for CTB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:38 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm gonna call it a very underrated great decision by Captain Lou. I've been thinking a couple weeks that CTB fits a slot role but using him on the strong side mainly with Bates against the field really works for CTB.

Let the mad scientist cook!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
CTB is going to be a great CB for us going forward.Gotta love the physicality of this guy.Tackles great,and very aggressive.I like it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:46 PM)Housh Wrote: Imo this was a pretty bad game by CTB. Capped off by a horrible last play where he let a guy get over top of what should’ve been put prevent defense.

Good thing about CTB is his tackling and run support is so good, you can justify him playing

He’s pretty good on streak routes but he’s pretty susceptible to everything else. Great guy to have guarding a WR screen or a streak. I’m definitely not liking the idea of him guarding guys like Stefan Diggs and other great WRs. I’d rather have Apple who is more aggressive in coverage

CTB's tackling and run support has been really poor.  He was tied for the 33rd highest Missed Tackle % among all defensive players in the league going into today, and had at least one noticable whiff today.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: CTB's tackling and run support has been really poor.  He was tied for the 33rd highest Missed Tackle % among all defensive players in the league going into today, and had at least one noticable whiff today.  

What the stats say about CTB and tackling is wrong
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 08:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: CTB's tackling and run support has been really poor.  He was tied for the 33rd highest Missed Tackle % among all defensive players in the league going into today, and had at least one noticable whiff today.  

I am very surprised at this.

He seems pretty sure tackler to me.

I never feel afraid when it’s CTB 1 on 1 with a runner
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He sucked absolute raw, skank ass all game until that last play.

That last play was great though. 

They sure knew where to throw the ball....

But, as someone mentioned earlier he's good in run support, usually a nice tackler, good hitter, just got some things to clean up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 09:55 PM)Housh Wrote: I am very surprised at this.

Yeah, call me surprised on that stat too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

nor does the runner

WTS, we should be more concerned with how a WR feels when they are 1 on 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: nor does the runner

WTS, we should be more concerned with how a WR feels when they are 1 on 1

Eh, talk to the dude that CTB hit and left the game...
Reply/Quote

He routinely gets juked in space by ball carriers.  He makes some nice hits, too, but he sucks at breaking down in space one on one.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: He routinely gets juked in space by ball carriers.  He makes some nice hits, too, but he sucks at breaking down in space one on one.

I would say a couple of hihis miss tackles are him trying to jump the out route. 

Reply/Quote
Eli Apple has played very well this year. He's more the reason Chide's injury didn't crush us.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eli Apple has played very well this year. He's more the reason Chide's injury didn't crush us.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

I saw that too in the highlights

He does that kind of shit a lot
Reply/Quote