Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Taylor-Britt
(12-24-2022, 11:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I saw that too in the highlights

He does that kind of shit a lot

What a fuckturd.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess I just don't see it

I agree. I see talent but I see a safety and not cb.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 01:52 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I agree. I see talent but I see a safety and not cb.

All his shortcomings are coachable. He has all the physical traits to be an outside CB.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All his shortcomings are coachable. He has all the physical traits to be an outside CB.

Its crazy how different ppl can see different things in players.

I would HATE to be a NFL scout. I see CTB being closer to a Mike Hilton slot, run support guy rather than an outside guy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He’s a better tackler now than he was in his first couple of games. He’s also defending better now that he isn’t trying to jump every route going for an INT. What that tells me is that his coachable and that is a good thing.

But man, I wish we had traded up foe Sauce Gardner…that young man is going to be elite even among the most elite CBs ever in the NFL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: This man had stepped up tremendously in place of Awuzie, it's amazing the way he is playing in his rookie year. Definitely have another solid corner for years to come.

VERY impressed with him.  That (completely legal) hit on a WR (I think it knocked him out of the game?) that dislodged the ball for an incomplete pass was huge. 

The TD he gave up was good play by the WR using "late hands" and he will learn to turn around and find the ball, but overall Cam is proving to be a steal.  I don't remember many first your corners that came in for Cincy and were this good right away.  

Love his physicality and overall toughness.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He had some good plays but it was obvious they were picking on him all game.

Yet, our safeties were no where to be found?  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was a big time hit and CTB made the play to end the game and give us the win. Great pick, playing great for a rookie.

He had a couple bad plays, but overall it was another good game from him. I thought the holding call on Apple was BS.

As was the PI against CTB.  I know they want to keep it close in blowouts like this one was for a while, but no flags when Chase gets raped and then flags everywhere for hand fighting both ways.  Officiating was, predictably, horrible.  I was certain they were going to overturn the fumble at the end due to forward progress or some crap.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

Mac Jones is the sound that was made when Vinegar hit Water...
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 02:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All his shortcomings are coachable. He has all the physical traits to be an outside CB.

Agreed.   Yes, he has missed a couple tackles, but almost always is assignment sound.  Forces the guy back inside, etc.  He has laid the wood several times this year and what stats don't always say about tackling for CBs is that he is THERE to make the play.  CBs that want to defend the run are rare.  Many of them don't charge back and dive at feet.  CTB is one tough SOB. 

I wonder how many of the people pointing out all his deficiencies remember what Leon Hall looked like HIS rookie season?  Turd soup.  Darqueze Dennard? Barely played.  Dre K?  Barely played and then sucked for a lot of his career.  And don't forget that CTB had essentially no preseason as he was injured.  Many of us thought without those critical practices and game speed his rookie season would be lost.  Far from it.  Team needed him and he has stepped up.  Damn defense only gave up 12 points.  Give the dude more time.  His arrow is definitely pointing up. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 10:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.   Yes, he has missed a couple tackles, but almost always is assignment sound.  Forces the guy back inside, etc.  He has laid the wood several times this year and what stats don't always say about tackling for CBs is that he is THERE to make the play.  CBs that want to defend the run are rare.  Many of them don't charge back and dive at feet.  CTB is one tough SOB. 

I wonder how many of the people pointing out all his deficiencies remember what Leon Hall looked like HIS rookie season?  Turd soup.  Darqueze Dennard? Barely played.  Dre K?  Barely played and then sucked for a lot of his career.  And don't forget that CTB had essentially no preseason as he was injured.  Many of us thought without those critical practices and game speed his rookie season would be lost.  Far from it.  Team needed him and he has stepped up.  Damn defense only gave up 12 points.  Give the dude more time.  His arrow is definitely pointing up. 

Right

I think they guy has played well all things considered. Has he made mistakes? sure. But with the hand of cards he was dealt I'm impressed with him. He looks like he can be developed into a good CB.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: VERY impressed with him.  That (completely legal) hit on a WR (I think it knocked him out of the game?) that dislodged the ball for an incomplete pass was huge. 

The TD he gave up was good play by the WR using "late hands" and he will learn to turn around and find the ball, but overall Cam is proving to be a steal.  I don't remember many first your corners that came in for Cincy and were this good right away.  

Love his physicality and overall toughness.  

Yep

I've heard for years that CB is one of if not the hardest transition from college to the pros. But I guess if you're not an all pro right out of the gate around here you're not any good?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 11:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I've heard for years that CB is one of if not the hardest transition from college to the pros. But I guess if you're not an all pro right out of the gate around here you're not any good?

Look at KC.

They admittedly drafted CBs to deal with the Bengals' passing attack that beat them last season.

None of the guys they put out there came close to getting the job done.  Will they get better after some snaps and experience?  Likely.  

CTB has done well for a rookie that got pressed into action earlier than the team likely wanted.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 11:29 AM)samhain Wrote: Look at KC.

They admittedly drafted CBs to deal with the Bengals' passing attack that beat them last season.

None of the guys they put out there came close to getting the job done.  Will they get better after some snaps and experience?  Likely.  

CTB has done well for a rookie that got pressed into action earlier than the team likely wanted.

Yep. It's a position that largely takes time to develop.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As was the PI against CTB.  I know they want to keep it close in blowouts like this one was for a while, but no flags when Chase gets raped and then flags everywhere for hand fighting both ways.  Officiating was, predictably, horrible.  I was certain they were going to overturn the fumble at the end due to forward progress or some crap.  

The officials discussed that play after the game, regarding why they didn't call forward progress and stop the play. They said that at not point was the ball carrier fully in the grasp of the defenders. But I imagine it was close to being called forward progress.
Reply/Quote
I see some great things from CTB, then I see rookie mistakes too. I do believe he has a great upside. I do not grade players based on draft position, I grade based on contribution. Overall, he is our weakest link on defense, but we have a very good defense and CB's are on an island so any slight weakness will get exposed.

Overall, love how he has started his career.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 03:51 AM)Housh Wrote: Its crazy how different ppl can see different things in players.

I would HATE to be a NFL scout. I see CTB being closer to a Mike Hilton slot, run support guy rather than an outside guy

I agree he could also be a slot CB because he plays like a LB and tackles well. But, I think he can also be a stud outside CB as he gains experience.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
CTB had a very nice PD to seal the Pats game BTW. In good position, got his head turned around, no PI. Yes I know the pass was underthrown

For anybody who cares to look
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 01:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: The officials discussed that play after the game, regarding why they didn't call forward progress and stop the play. They said that at not point was the ball carrier fully in the grasp of the defenders. But I imagine it was close to being called forward progress.

It's kind of a cop out if you ask me.  How many times to we see a pile completely stopped and linemen start running in to the pack and then the scrum moves another 2-3 yards.  There should be a more specific time standard or something, but I actually like letting the game play out.  Not just because it benefitted the Bengals in the case of Kelce (he was still fighting) but because it allows for more big plays.  

That BS "pass" from Jones still pisses me off.  He drew the ball back, it hit his chest, started moving (rolling OPPOSITE DIRECTION of a pass) and he flung his arm forward to get some lame pass call.  Grounding was the least of what should have happened.  That was a TD. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 04:31 AM)pally Wrote: But man, I wish we had traded up foe Sauce Gardner…that young man is going to be elite even among the most elite CBs ever in the NFL

As long as we’re living in fantasy land I wish we would have traded up and took both Chase and Sewell. :P

But yeah, Sauce is unbelievable. He’s already a top 2-3 CB in the league (I remember our good buddy Tony trying to tell me he “sucked” :lol: ). I think he could end up challenging Travis Kelce as the best player to ever come out of UC when it’s all said and done.

Reply/Quote