Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX.
(01-25-2016, 12:41 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: If the Broncos win its certain the NFL is rigged. ( his last season, just like ray lewis, or jerome bettis, or the harbaugh bowl, or hurricane katrina and the saints to bring money to that city)

Cam just sat back there and did what he wanted....the WHOLE game.

Apparently though, running all shotgun never works in the NFL.. LOL

Panthers loaded their drafts on Defense ( offensive player here and there)  except for Cam Newtown, and slowly plugged holes on offense through FA.....

The basic recipe for beating Carolina is don't commit turnovers and play sound defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: The basic recipe for beating Carolina is don't commit turnovers and play sound defense.

You realize they only lost one game right? 

There is no recipe!!!!!!!!! 

[Image: 1GqAFAJ.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:48 AM)Joelist Wrote: It has to do with the lack of any moral center. Remember this is the guy who only avoided prison for felony theft because the court bent over backwards to be nice to his college. Then the NFL has done nothing but plug him nonstop since he came into the league and covered for his boorish behavior,  his temper tantrums and being a horrific role model.

Are you talking about the college recruitment scandal his father was involved in?  Also, I haven't seen anything boorish.  He gives his TD footballs to kids and is involved in the community in Charlotte. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 11:28 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I have a serious disdain for Cam Newton.

Why?

(01-24-2016, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is there anyone left that thinks Andy Dalton is a better QB than Cam Newton?

As a passer I have Dalton ahead of Cam as of now. Overall, I have Cam ahead of Andy. His abilities as a runner really make that offense go and he's not far behind Andy as a passer. Either way, any difference between Cam and Andy isn't so large that you should be rubbing people's faces in it. They were both fantastic this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 11:49 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: We must not be watching the same game.  Cam is changing the game.  He's a once in a lifetime talent at QB.  Hes winning with journeymen WRs against a top defense

He's Tim Tebow.... without the humility.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:15 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: He's Tim Tebow.... without the humility.

Don't be silly. Your hatred of the guy is showing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't be silly. Your hatred of the guy is showing.

I've never claimed to like Cam.

However, Newton still is a 1 read QB, that runs when his 1st read is covered.   

Shula has done a fine job in switching up the plays so that the 1st option is someone different.  Which creates the illusion that Cam is "spreading the ball around".

If Tebow was on the Panthers and had the coaches that Cam has had, then Tebow would be playing in the SB.

Tebow has been on teams that have tried to change his play to fit the system, where Cam has been on a team that changed the system to fit him.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:48 AM)Joelist Wrote: It has to do with the lack of any moral center. Remember this is the guy who only avoided prison for felony theft because the court bent over backwards to be nice to his college. Then the NFL has done nothing but plug him nonstop since he came into the league and covered for his boorish behavior,  his temper tantrums and being a horrific role model.

Absolutely none of which makes Cam Newton any less of a player. As it stands, Newton is one of the 5 or 6 best QB's in the league, offers a unique skillset no other has possessed, and will be the league MVP this year.  The Panthers have an elite D, but also an elite QB.  Hate the man, but not the player.  The league and HoF are full of dirt bags.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:51 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I've never claimed to like Cam.

However, Newton still is a 1 read QB, that runs when his 1st read is covered.   

Shula has done a fine job in switching up the plays so that the 1st option is someone different.  Which creates the illusion that Cam is "spreading the ball around".

If Tebow was on the Panthers and had the coaches that Cam has had, then Tebow would be playing in the SB.

Tebow has been on teams that have tried to change his play to fit the system, where Cam has been on a team that changed the system to fit him.
1 read?  You haven't been watching the games if you make that claim.  
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:54 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: You realize they only lost one game right? 

There is no recipe!!!!!!!!! 

[Image: 1GqAFAJ.gif]

Losing only one game playing a historically easy schedule doesn't change the reality of how to play football. Play sound defense and don't turn it over is the recipe to beat ANY team. Carolina is a run first offense which thrives on short fields and the like. Don't turn it over and make them drive the length of the field and you instantly cut their point total. And playing sound defense (like not letting receivers get wide open and also not blowing containment) also keeps the points lower.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:19 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: 1 read?  You haven't been watching the games if you make that claim.  

I live about 45 mins from Charlotte.

Had to watch all of their games.

Again the OC has done a great job in covering this up.  He has different plays available that have different WRs as the 1st read, so it gives the impression that Cam is reading the defense and is spreading the ball around.  There have been numerous times this season where when the prime was covered, Cam tucked and ran (usually for a 1st down, which also covers this aspect, I mean he is getting 1st downs, who cares if the play was supposed to be a pass play, if he still gets the 1st), if the defenders played contain and his prime was covered, he either forced the ball or threw it away.

Nothing wrong with that type of play.  Tebow plays that way as well.  However, Tebow can't get a job as a QB and Cam is MVP.

I remember seeing a meme earlier in the year when Cam was 1st mentioned in the MVP race and they put up his stats next to Colin K. and the stats were identical.  One QB lost his starting job, the other, well he is playing in the SB and is again MVP.

If Cam were playing for the 49ners or for a coach that insist that he change his play to fit the coaches system, then he would be an afterthought.

Give credit to Shula and Rivera for adjusting.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:18 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Absolutely none of which makes Cam Newton any less of a player. As it stands, Newton is one of the 5 or 6 best QB's in the league, offers a unique skillset no other has possessed, and will be the league MVP this year.  The Panthers have an elite D, but also an elite QB.  Hate the man, but not the player.  The league and HoF are full of dirt bags.

Newton is worse because the league has in effect covered for his misconducts.
Reply/Quote
They're obviously completely different models for a quarterback. Dalton played his role just as well as Cam played his. Dalton's passer rating and completion percentage were higher than Newton's even though the Bengals had a much harder schedule. We can only speculate what Dalton's numbers would look like if he were playing in the NFC South.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is there anyone left that thinks Andy Dalton is a better QB than Cam Newton?

Not here but do believe Andy and the Bengals would be facing Cam in SB if Dalton remained healthy. 

Believe both teams were cream of their divisions. 

But Cam certainly is a freak of nature.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:41 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: If the Broncos win its certain the NFL is rigged. ( his last season, just like ray lewis, or jerome bettis, or the harbaugh bowl, or hurricane katrina and the saints to bring money to that city)

Disagree.   The Broncos defense is better than any the Panthers have faced this year and Manning isn't going to turn it over six times.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:15 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: He's Tim Tebow.... without the humility.

Humility?  That's a funny way to spell "suckage!"
Reply/Quote
I hate to enter this twilight zone of a thread, but I thought Bfine's original question was a pretty good one, since the two were often compared in earlier years.

You've got to give the edge to Cam now, after what is probably an MVP year in the estimation of just about everybody who knows Jack Shit about the NFL. But Andy was having a great year, too, and absent his injury, we could be about to see a Cam vs. Andy Super Bowl. Tough Break for Andy, and us as Bengal fans.

But the comparisons will continue. Andy's gonna have to go some, because Cam appears to be really finding his feet.
Reply/Quote
Always liked Cam. He was a #1 overall and that is clearly deserved. He also has some great talent around him. That said, let's not forget we played them to a 37 point tie just a year ago. This might be their time, but you feel like ours is coming. Also, right now, you could argue they have an easier division.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 01:51 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: If Tebow was on the Panthers and had the coaches that Cam has had, then Tebow would be playing in the SB.

I like Tebow but no man, just...no.

Cam has better accuracy, better QB instincts, and has carried his team occasionally. Tebow...in the NFL the team was pretty much always carrying him. 

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:32 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I live about 45 mins from Charlotte.

Had to watch all of their games.

Again the OC has done a great job in covering this up.  He has different plays available that have different WRs as the 1st read, so it gives the impression that Cam is reading the defense and is spreading the ball around.  There have been numerous times this season where when the prime was covered, Cam tucked and ran (usually for a 1st down, which also covers this aspect, I mean he is getting 1st downs, who cares if the play was supposed to be a pass play, if he still gets the 1st), if the defenders played contain and his prime was covered, he either forced the ball or threw it away.

Nothing wrong with that type of play.  Tebow plays that way as well.  However, Tebow can't get a job as a QB and Cam is MVP.

I remember seeing a meme earlier in the year when Cam was 1st mentioned in the MVP race and they put up his stats next to Colin K. and the stats were identical.  One QB lost his starting job, the other, well he is playing in the SB and is again MVP.

If Cam were playing for the 49ners or for a coach that insist that he change his play to fit the coaches system, then he would be an afterthought.

Give credit to Shula and Rivera for adjusting.

You're very wrong, actually.

Cam used to be a 1st read QB, but this year has greatly matured. He does go through reads. Not sure why there's an impression of him going through reads. I mean, did you see his throw to Olsen for the 1st down against the Saints?

Defenses realized that they could contain Newton and make him have to throw against them, and often times Newton would have made mistakes. But as time has gone on, his intelligence has gotten much better and he fully reads the entire field.

How were their stats even similar? Kaepernick's stats were 6 TDs to 5 INTs this year. Took Newton four games to have 7 TDs. And 2 INTs. Oh, and 2 rushing TDs. But Kaepernick had 1. Do you see Newton's supporting cast? His best receivers are Ted Ginn Jr and Cotchery. Throw in Olsen of course, but you get the picture.

Newton improved his game and if he was a 1 read QB, teams would have been able to read it and better contain it. Like they have with Kaepernick.

They're not the same player. Just because they're both mobile means nothing. Newton deserved this award. You don't throw 35 TDs to 10 INTs by being a read 1st QB in the NFL. A dual threat doesn't mean he's a 1 read QB.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote