Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can’t wait to get ran over Sunday
Glass Daniels out again and who knows if Geno will play. Another nightmare season. I’m sure Robinson will gash this defense and poor Burrow will be sacked a billion times
Reply/Quote
Getting a head start on the Gameday thread?
Reply/Quote
One of the reasons I was hoping we would claim Timmy Jernigan when he the Jags waived him earlier in the week. Defensive line depth and recon in one roster move...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every sick dysfunctional team gets well and sets records against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Every sick dysfunctional team gets well and sets records against the Bengals.

Before I bought Game Pass, these are some of the things I'd hear from opposing fans at the sports bars every week.

"Man, our guys are running the ball well today"
"The pass rush is getting good pressure for a change"
"The rookie is looking like a 10 year vet"
"Loving our pass blocking, the QB's had lots of time. Finally straightened it out"
"Looks like our third string TE needs to get more snaps. He's killing them"
"I was worried about starting our 5th string CB but he's had blanket coverage all day"

And then next week, they're real quiet when their newly inflated evaluation of their team gets stomped into the turf by a real NFL team led by real NFL coaches.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Why does this thread upset me?

Reply/Quote
I know that the ultimate goal is winning the game, but I almost hope that they use this game as their line in the sand regarding two things:

1. Burrow getting hit a ton of times
2. Getting ran on

If I see a game where those two things don't happen, I really don't care that much about a win or a loss.  I'd view it as progress.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: Glass Daniels out again and who knows if Geno will play. Another nightmare season. I’m sure Robinson will gash this defense and poor Burrow will be sacked a billion times

It's always nice to have something to look forward to.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
-We still have 3 of 4 DL starters.

-We still have the better of out DT's.

Am I saying we won't give yards on the ground? No, I wouldn't bet on that.

What I am saying is that there should be no excuse why we can't win this game. We're have all of our best players on offense healthy. We've suffered relativly minor losses in XSF and Uzomah. We're better off than a lot of other teams out there, as far injuries.

So if we get beat, or we get run over, then I don't want to hear any more excuses. People act like because we're down 1 DT that we're so unlucky, and that they can explain away our struggles. Look around the league, it could be much, much worse.

Get 'er done. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 12:47 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: -We still have 3 of 4 DL starters.

Am I saying we won't give yards on the ground? No, I wouldn't bet on that.

What I am saying is that there should be no excuse why we can't win this game. We're have all of our best players on offense healthy. We've suffered relativly minor losses in XSF and Uzomah. We're better off than a lot of other teams out there, as far injuries.

So if we get beat, or we get run over, then I don't want to hear any more excuses. People act like because we're down 1 DT that we're so unlucky, and that they can explain away our struggles. Look around the league, it could be much, much worse.

Get 'er done. :andy:

Lol....The Bengals defense gives up yards on the ground. To top it all off Minshew had a bad game last Thursday, he will rebound and he can also run. Also the Jags get their all pro WR back too in Chark. I expect pain
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why does this thread upset me?

It is always sad for me to see people who live to play the victim.

Just think how sad their lives are.  These people are actually happy that we are losing.  The are competing to see too see who can squeal and cry the loudest before the game even starts.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 12:47 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: -We still have 3 of 4  DL starters.

Am I saying we won't give yards on the ground?  No, I wouldn't bet on that.

What I am saying is that there should be no excuse why we can't win this game.  We're have all of our best players on offense healthy.  We've suffered relativly minor losses in XSF and Uzomah.  We're better off than a lot of other teams out there, as far injuries.

So if we get beat, or we get run over, then I don't want to hear any more excuses.  People act like because we're down 1 DT that we're so unlucky, and that they can explain away our struggles.  Look around the league, it could be much, much worse.

Get 'er done.  :andy:

Defensive tackle is a rotational position they are only supposed to play 60 to 70% of the snaps. Also they are a 34 defense now and show alot of 5 man fronts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:10 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Getting a head start on the Gameday thread?

He gets off on this losing shit. It gives him a chance to just let out all the woe-is-me he can. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 09:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He gets off on this losing shit. It gives him a chance to just let out all the woe-is-me he can. 

Eh....It’s just years of being a fan of this team
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Before I bought Game Pass, these are some of the things I'd hear from opposing fans at the sports bars every week.

"Man, our guys are running the ball well today"
"The pass rush is getting good pressure for a change"
"The rookie is looking like a 10 year vet"
"Loving our pass blocking, the QB's had lots of time. Finally straightened it out"
"Looks like our third string TE needs to get more snaps. He's killing them"
"I was worried about starting our 5th string CB but he's had blanket coverage all day"

And then next week, they're real quiet when their newly inflated evaluation of their team gets stomped into the turf by a real NFL team led by real NFL coaches.
LOL, Ive experienced that as well...and have to be the wet blanket at times..."YOU DO KNOW YOU ARE PLAYING THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT?"   
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why does this thread upset me?

Because we want to yell:  "Shut up, the team still has a chance" when we haven't seen any evidence to say otherwise...I actually think they win this weekend. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 11:55 AM)kalibengal Wrote: LOL, Ive experienced that as well...and have to be the wet blanket at times..."YOU DO KNOW YOU ARE PLAYING THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT?"   

Sorry to burst your victim loving bubble, but the Bengals have only been outscored by 8 points this season.  13 teams have been outscored by more and 6 teams have a worse record.

We are a sketchy ofensive pass interference call away from being a .500 team.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, this is the best I've felt going into a game in terms of Burrow's safety. We finally have a trash player at RG, rather than a catastrophe like we have the past 3 weeks.
Reply/Quote
It is always nice when your fantasy running back plays against the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: Glass Daniels out again and who knows if Geno will play. Another nightmare season. I’m sure Robinson will gash this defense and poor Burrow will be sacked a billion times

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote