Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love?
That is all
Reply/Quote
Sure.

There are plenty of legal places in Nevada where a grown man can go do those things
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m coming around on Pratt. He might be a solid LB for us.

Phillips got beat on the OBJ TD, but at least the kid has decent hands. He had twice as many picks today as all of our CB’s combined had ALL LAST SEASON.

Reply/Quote
If you get 2 INT, but give up 2 TD, do you deserve love?

- - - - - -

Also, did Pratt do something I am unaware of? Stat sheet says 2 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 TFL. 0 INT, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 0 PD

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pratt is going to be a good player for many years, if he stays healthy.

Phillips needs to be coached up on that coverage thing, but he lives up to the excitement factor of his college highlight reel.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown. Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.
Reply/Quote
I like Phillips. Two picks is a great day. He needs to learn more to become savvy at the position and coverage, but I don't see anyone on this coaching staff who's going to teach him. He's got the speed and hands.

I can't tell anything about Pratt. I have trouble believing the defense is being schemed correctly for the players. Maybe Pratt will be good some day, but there's no way to tell yet. Still way too many tackles being made by the secondary.

16 games and the coaches still have no clue about their own players. It took Taylor 10 weeks to figure out that Mixon was a good RB and should be run. At this rate, we might have a 4 win season in a few years.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you get 2 INT, but give up 2 TD, do you deserve love?

- - - - - -

Also, did Pratt do something I am unaware of? Stat sheet says 2 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 TFL. 0 INT, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 0 PD

First TD he had outside leverage and Williams was supposed to have inside but Williams froze on the play action. Second TD was all Phillip's he turned around to play the ball.

Pratt also had a couple pressures. He looked good and has looked good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:44 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown.  Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.

Disagree.

A wily vet would have given him a good shove to prevent that second foot coming down in bounds...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:44 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown. Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.

I agree. He had position but mis-timed the jump. And like you said, OBJ is a top receiver that makes ridiculous catches regularly.

I like Phillips. He has played well and hasn’t been intimidated.

Pratt is gonna be good too. It looks like Lawson is back to 100%.

I don’t think this team is as far away as it seems.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I agree. He had position but mis-timed the jump. And like you said, OBJ is a top receiver that makes ridiculous catches regularly.

OBJ isn't even the top receiver on his own team, but yes; he has a reputation. Phillips is young, and hadn't played a lot. I think there's some potential there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:44 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown. Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.

Umm...he literally didn’t even leave the ground to try and stop it...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I agree. He had position but mis-timed the jump. And like you said, OBJ is a top receiver that makes ridiculous catches regularly.

There was no jump.

Reply/Quote
Pratt has shown improvement over last four or five games, no doubt. And Phillips has had some moments as well. I look forward to seeing them next season.
Reply/Quote
That first TD was on William's. He should have been over the top, but continuously gets beat deep all. the. time. He got best twice deep. That second TD he mistimed/messed up the jump. He did more in that game than our other DBs did all season...combined.
Reply/Quote
Williams is utter trash as an NFL Safety. He's a step or two behind almost every play and takes the worst angles to "run into people" . . . it has to called that because he sure as hell isn't interested in tackling anybody.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That first TD was on William's. He should have been over the top, but continuously gets beat deep all. the. time. He got best twice deep. That second TD he mistimed/messed up the jump. He did more in that game than our other DBs did all season...combined.

He. Did. Not. Jump.

It’s not a timing issue when you never leave the ground.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Williams is utter trash as an NFL Safety. He's a step or two behind almost every play and takes the worst angles to "run into people" . . . it has to called that because he sure as hell isn't interested in tackling anybody.

“Trash” is a bit extreme. He was pretty good last season. At least as far as producing some turnovers. This year not so much. Bates hasn’t looked any better though, so I’m wondering if it’s coaching and scheme, or they’re just both having bad years.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He. Did. Not. Jump.

It’s not a timing issue when you never leave the ground.

Both feet off the ground = jump no matter how poor it was. Watch it again. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:11 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Both feet off the ground = jump no matter how poor it was. Watch it again. 

Damn... That lil fruit loop in white has some hops.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote