Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love?
(12-30-2019, 12:11 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Both feet off the ground = jump no matter how poor it was. Watch it again. 

Not working for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:17 AM)jason Wrote: Damn... That lil fruit loop in white has some hops.

He routinely makes crazy plays. Phillip's definitely could have defended it better, but OBJ made a great play on the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:27 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He routinely makes crazy plays. Phillip's definitely could have defended it better, but OBJ made a great play on the ball. 

CBs will give up scores at times...but I do like what I see from him...if he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: CBs will give up scores at times...but I do like what I see from him...if he can stay healthy.

He's a dude that doesn't have a ton of NFL experience, yet he shows a knack for making plays.  Our CBs, even the ones we got in the first round have been lacking in that department.  Maybe he can be coached up on the fundamentals of coverage to go along with the playmaking.

In a season without much to be excited about, Phillips gives us something.  Maybe they found a guy and can spend a pick elsewhere.  We're due for a high pick DB soon....
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: CBs will give up scores at times...but I do like what I see from him...if he can stay healthy.

Agreed. The ball instincts is something we have been missing for a long time. Here is to more improvement by him! 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:06 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Agreed. The ball instincts is something we have been missing for a long time. Here is to more improvement by him! 

I wouldn’t even say it’s instincts that have been or CB’s problems, but more their hands. If we picked off even half of the balls that hit these guys in the hands over the past few years...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t even say it’s instincts that have been or CB’s problems, but more their hands. If we picked off even half of the balls that hit these guys in the hands over the past few years...

Yeah hands are a problem, but many times they aren't looking, or trying to make a play on the ball. You have to admit it was refreshing to see. 
Reply/Quote
I thought they both have done very well in the last few games this year. The future is bright for both of them, assuming they continue to develop.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:06 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Agreed. The ball instincts is something we have been missing for a long time. Here is to more improvement by him! 

Yep. Health and playing time should equal improvement.

Is he a free agent though? I think Wilson is restricted. Cant rem on Phillips.
Reply/Quote
Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips are two guys I had in mocks the years they were drafted. Happy that they are panning out (so far) :)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Health and playing time should equal improvement.

Is he a free agent though? I think Wilson is restricted. Cant rem on Phillips.

Phillips has two more years left. Shawn Williams has one more year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I like Phillips. Two picks is a great day. He needs to learn more to become savvy at the position and coverage, but I don't see anyone on this coaching staff who's going to teach him. He's got the speed and hands.

I can't tell anything about Pratt. I have trouble believing the defense is being schemed correctly for the players. Maybe Pratt will be good some day, but there's no way to tell yet. Still way too many tackles being made by the secondary.

16 games and the coaches still have no clue about their own players. It took Taylor 10 weeks to figure out that Mixon was a good RB and should be run. At this rate, we might have a 4 win season in a few years.

This seems to be a common sentiment, but I don't think it was a lack of giving Joe the ball.  The offensive line was in shambles and was adjusting to a new system.  They improved throughout the year and so did the running game.  At least we saw a team get BETTER at something.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This seems to be a common sentiment, but I don't think it was a lack of giving Joe the ball.  The offensive line was in shambles and was adjusting to a new system.  They improved throughout the year and so did the running game.  At least we saw a team get BETTER at something.  

Got much better on D too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m coming around on Pratt. He might be a solid LB for us.

Phillips got beat on the OBJ TD, but at least the kid has decent hands. He had twice as many picks today as all of our CB’s combined had ALL LAST SEASON.

It's normal to get beat as a CB. But  PHilips CAN CATCH and can return kickoffs.  Dre & Webb on the other hand, get beat and beat again and when occasion rises to make an INT catch, they fail miserably.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: It's normal to get beat as a CB. But  PHilips CAN CATCH and can return kickoffs.  Dre & Webb on the other hand, get beat and beat again and when occasion rises to make an INT catch, they fail miserably.

1. No they don't.
2. Everyone in the league is dropping easy picks, for some reason.
3. Phillips may have good hands, but his vision ******* sucks; on the returns (punt, kick, pick), he runs into his own guys, gets creamed from behind/side and can't find holes.

I don't want him returning, despite how dynamic he can be with the ball in his hands; Erickson and Wilson are infinitely better.

Have him stick to CBing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: It's normal to get beat as a CB. But  PHilips CAN CATCH and can return kickoffs.  Dre & Webb on the other hand, get beat and beat again and when occasion rises to make an INT catch, they fail miserably.

Webb was in position for 3 or 4 interceptions this year and would have had them had he not been playing with his broken hand in a cast. Hard to squeeze the ball and pull it in like that.
Reply/Quote

Webb had a pick yesterday lol

Reply/Quote
Pratt will be a good player as he grows into his own. He has the intangibles, he is fast, can tackle and cover.

Phillips is a gamechanger at times. Really like both players for the future, both are types we need.

With Wilson at KR and Phillips at PR we might have the two best Returners in the NFL down the road.

Just need these guys to stay healthy, get a new DC and LB coach and keep Simmons around.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. No they don't.
2. Everyone in the league is dropping easy picks, for some reason.
3. Phillips may have good hands, but his vision ******* sucks; on the returns (punt, kick, pick), he runs into his own guys, gets creamed from behind/side and can't find holes.

I don't want him returning, despite how dynamic he can be with the ball in his hands; Erickson and Wilson are infinitely better.

Have him stick to CBing.

Could be right Truck, Erickson is a good Returner too.

Haven't seen enough of Phillips this year to judge him on playing Corner, hear good things. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote