Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Hill get 1,000 yards rushing ???
He is over 600 yards but the O line stinks, they bring in Bernard a lot, and defenses will go into the box with AJ Green injured....It is going to be very hard to run on Baltimore tough D in the box....but....if we can't run.....we have no chance of avoiding getting clobbered by Ravens. ......I would like to see Hill get 1,000 yards in this awful season and that just might help us win a few more games........He has 623 yards and 6 rushing TDs with 6 games left. so 1,000 yards and over 10 TDs is possible. ...I know Hill was injured early against Dallas, but he looks healthy now and we are short on offensive weapons....Hill is one of the better TD running backs in the NFL and we could use Hill and Eifert with Green injured.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Oh hell no.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We were in a similar situation in 14 and he did. Hill is underrated on this board to an extent and he can carry an offense if given the chance.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I like hill and think he's good but the last 2 years he hasn't shown he can carry the offense. His first year was great but right now he's not going to pick up the load.

On that note I really hope you're correct and Im wrong. Id love to see rookie year hill back in action.
Reply/Quote
Can he? ... yes
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
If he's gonna break a grand behind this panty waiste o line.....he should get HOF consideration. I'm not seeing it.

Reply/Quote
Well, with Gio out it will be Hill up the middle. Unless our buddy Burkhart breaks out. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Behind this O-line ? I doubt it

Add in we'll be playing from behind more often than not with our swiss cheese D.
Reply/Quote
Well, he's on pace for 997.  It's not exactly a stretch for him to get 1000.  He'll probably get more carries with Geo out.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 08:38 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Well, he's on pace for 997.  It's not exactly a stretch for him to get 1000.  He'll probably get more carries with Geo out.

Maybe if Green comes back and pulls the safeties back out of the box.  We have no deep threat now....so they'll set on the underneath stuff and squash the run.  It won't be as easy as it appears....

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 08:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: If he's gonna break a grand behind this panty waiste o line.....he should get HOF consideration. I'm not seeing it.

377 yards in 6 games is possible......I hope he does it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hill could, but not behind this line.
Reply/Quote
377 yards.....OK, I know we play Baltimore twice and Steelers once...don't forget we play Cleveland.....Hill might get 200 yards on Cleveland alone...so 6 games to get 377 yards and 4 TDs to get 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
He most certainly will, if the team goes back to the '09 version of OL using 3 Tackles. At this point, this might be their best option, as well as utilizing TE more in receiving, as well as Burkhead. Burkhead isn't that bad, ya know, so long as they use him effectively.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 08:38 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Well, he's on pace for 997.  It's not exactly a stretch for him to get 1000.  He'll probably get more carries with Geo out.

Exactly lol. Dude is already on pace.

(11-22-2016, 08:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Maybe if Green comes back and pulls the safeties back out of the box.  We have no deep threat now....so they'll set on the underneath stuff and squash the run.  It won't be as easy as it appears....

True, but if they start putting 8 in the box every play, I'd start sending the fastest WR we have out on 9's almost every time. We'd be sure to burn them a few times.

Personally, I think the extra carries Hill will see with Gio and AJ out will offset any negative affect of an extra safety in the box. At least when it comes to him getting to 1000 yards.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Who cares the season is over
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 09:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: Who cares the season is over

For you maybe......I intend to watch every Bengals game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
He can, but I don't know if I see it happening.

6 games left, and he needs 377 yards. So only 63 yards a game would do it.

Then recall that they refuse to bench Ogbuehi, and AJ Green will be out, and Gio will be out so Hill will have to play tired (which happens to him quickly) against 7-8 man boxes. I'm not sure I see it happening. The only way it does possibly happen is if he lights up the Browns again or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Who cares. I can't wait for the day we get a real stud at RB. That fumble in the playoffs hasn't been made up for yet. And I heard he and Marv had a little altercation. His days as a starter in the NFL are numbered.
Reply/Quote
If we add up this season's yardage and tack it onto next season's he may get a thousand yards... 3 yards and a cloud of dust baby.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote