Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Lazor adjust schematically for all the injuries?
As it stands we may have Gio back but we lose Green. If Uzomah is able to go then at least we aren't looking at a TE with next to no NFL snaps.

So how can we adjust our scheme to try to cover for the missing players?

Boyd really needs to stay in the same WR slot he is now. Perhaps run Ross or Tate out there as a "Wr1" to do posts and such?

I REALLY think we have to get Gio and Mixon out there at the same time, and that means lining Gio up in an H-Back position so he can function sort of like Eifert did. It means being single back in the backfield but Gio can operate like Sterling Sharpe used to for GB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Credit to Lazor for dealing with a weak OL so far but with each successive injury the scheming gets harder and harder. Not to mention that teams will note what he is doing and why and counter it. He may not have the tools to counter them.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Hes been having to adjust all year. Boyd and Dalton are the only pieces that hes had that havent been hurt at some point in the year. I think Price, Ross and Gio being back will help the offense more than losing Green will hurt it.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hes been having to adjust all year. Boyd and Dalton are the only pieces that hes had that havent been hurt at some point in the year. I think Price, Ross and Gio being back will help the offense more than losing Green will hurt it.

I think that's wishful thinking. We all know what Green brings to this offense, but getting back a rookie center, an unproductive but talented wide receiver and a backup running back DOES NOT help more than losing Green hurts.

Green is top 5 in the game at what he does, while the other guys are average - above average starters at best. I know the potential seems exciting, but I'd trade all 3 of those players for Green in less than a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: As it stands we may have Gio back but we lose Green. If Uzomah is able to go then at least we aren't looking at a TE with next to no NFL snaps.

So how can we adjust our scheme to try to cover for the missing players?

Boyd really needs to stay in the same WR slot he is now. Perhaps run Ross or Tate out there as a "Wr1" to do posts and such?

I REALLY think we have to get Gio and Mixon out there at the same time, and that means lining Gio up in an H-Back position so he can function sort of like Eifert did. It means being single back in the backfield but Gio can operate like Sterling Sharpe used to for GB.

I think Boyd gets moved around a lot. Ross will likely stay outside. I think Erickson takes the slot when Boyd is outside and I think Core/Malone takes outside when Boyd is in slot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
what worries me despite the schemes is that Dalton will force the ball into Boyd and Ross.
i dont think Andy has any faith in Core or Malone.
the return of Gio is HUGE.
he can keep Mixon fresh for the 4th q.
Lazor i expect will go run heavy on the Saints to control TOP and Brees off the field.
maybe hes gets Ross involved early and often
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: what worries me despite the schemes is that Dalton will force the ball into Boyd and Ross Erickson
i dont think Andy has any faith in Core or Malone.
the return of Gio is HUGE.
he can keep Mixon fresh for the 4th q.
Lazor i expect will go run heavy on the Saints to control TOP and Brees off the field.
maybe hes gets Ross involved early and often

Fixed. Dalton seems to have more faith in Erickson as a WR than he has Ross thus far.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
To me running Core out there is basically conceding he is a decoy, as he is terrible at actually playing WR. I'd rather run Erickson out there or Tate, as Erickson has shown he can catch the ball and Tate in preseason showed the potential to. Ross at least has breakaway speed but seems to lack the proper technique to actually break away from coverage.

Meanwhile we still have to replace Eifert's role in the offense and Gio is the best candidate. I still think he would be effective out of an H-Back style position and would pull coverage to him.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: To me running Core out there is basically conceding he is a decoy, as he is terrible at actually playing WR. I'd rather run Erickson out there or Tate, as Erickson has shown he can catch the ball and Tate in preseason showed the potential to. Ross at least has breakaway speed but seems to lack the proper technique to actually break away from coverage.

Meanwhile we still have to replace Eifert's role in the offense and Gio is the best candidate. I still think he would be effective out of an H-Back style position and would pull coverage to him.

I think this organization once again made a poor decision in relying so much on the health of AJ Green and Tyler Eifert. Boyd emerging has helped a lot but the team is lacking its two main weapons now and doesn't have good enough depth pass catchers to make up for the losses of Eifert and Green combined.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Honestly, we need to feed Mixon. This is the game for him to get 20+ carries and few catches out of the backfield. Play some ball control and let him loose. Yes, there are going to be short gains, no gains, and maybe even carries for loss. We have to stick it with it though. Let him get his groove and lead the team. Yes, we will still have to pass and Boyd should have a good game. You have to keep Brees off the field though. This game and potential win goes through Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I'd run a single wing with Boyd at tailback receiving the snap.

[Image: 300px-Single_Wing_Formation.svg.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fixed. Dalton seems to have more faith in Erickson as a WR than he has Ross thus far.

Not true.

Dalton has targeted Erickson 14 times for 44 yards throughout 5 games.

Ross has 16 targets through 5 games and has 79 yards.  He also has 2 TDs compared to Erickson's 0.

And Erickson has been in for more offensive snaps (197) than Ross (159).

Despite missing 3 games (almost 4 games since he played one quarter in the Chiefs game) Ross still has more TDs than Erickson, Malone, and Core combined.
Still is tied for 3rd in receiving TDs.
And only has 7 less receiving yards than Erickson, Malone, and Core combined.

I think Dalton trusts Ross more than Erickson.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not true.

Dalton has targeted Erickson 14 times for 44 yards throughout 5 games.

Ross has 16 targets through 5 games and has 79 yards.  He also has 2 TDs compared to Erickson's 0.

And Erickson has been in for more offensive snaps (197) than Ross (159).

Despite missing 3 games (almost 4 games since he played one quarter in the Chiefs game) Ross still has more TDs than Erickson, Malone, and Core combined.
Still is tied for 3rd in receiving TDs.
And only has 7 less receiving yards than Erickson, Malone, and Core combined.

I think Dalton trusts Ross more than Erickson.

Interesting, I would have bet Erickson had more targets.

As for adjusting I'd say Mixon/Gio will be a big part of it if we're successful.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Interesting, I would have bet Erickson had more targets.

As for adjusting I'd say Mixon/Gio will be a big part of it if we're successful.

Honestly, I think that's the only way we beat the Saints. Use the RBs to our advantage.

Slow down the Saints tempo and draw the clock down. The Saints ran 70 plays against the Rams last week, and the Rams only ran it 19 times.

The Bengals have to control that clock against a high powered offense and not go 3 and out. Keep their defense out there longer if you want to win.

I trust the Bengals offense far more than the defense......weird how much can change in a year.
Last year it was complete opposite.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If the d can manage to keep this game close I trust gio and Mixon to keep the running game a dump offs moving the chains. If they can do that then I think the receivers will be fine. Boyds as good as we could hope for in this situation and it’s not like we haven’t been here before. Remember when sanu was our only receiver and he carried us into the playoffs. Boyd’s better than sanu and has 2 great runnings back for support.
Reply/Quote
To compensate for a weak Offensive Line Dalton gets the ball out really quick.

To compensate for losing Green...we need to copy the Saints offense.

That said, I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: So how can we adjust our scheme to try to cover for the missing players?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 04:26 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I think that's wishful thinking. We all know what Green brings to this offense, but getting back a rookie center, an unproductive but talented wide receiver and a backup running back DOES NOT help more than losing Green hurts.

Green is top 5 in the game at what he does, while the other guys are average - above average starters at best. I know the potential seems exciting, but I'd trade all 3 of those players for Green in less than a heartbeat.

And?
Reply/Quote
He's going to have to. He may have to go into more of a "move the chains mode" with the occasional deep bomb just to loosen things up. As Carolina has proven this season, first down conversions lead to points. You don't necessarily have to air it out and have a ton of chunk plays to put points on the board. 
Reply/Quote
Its going to be really interesting thats all i can say,we will see if ross can play,and i want to see if they use tate. Im excited.
Reply/Quote