Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Mixon Produce Behind This Line?
(09-05-2018, 04:03 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No, just cool to hate the man that chokes in big games. Hate is too strong a word, I just don't believe he is good enough in critical games to win a SB (let alone even 1 playoff game)

As for the running game, we have NO IDEA if the Lazor offense is any good at all at running the ball let alone passing. It may be, but it may be a mess as well, it is an unknown. He has had minimal success in the past.

To be fair, they all choked in big games. You go down the line, if they served under Marvin, they disappeared under Marvin. All the same. Dalton was out that Pittsburgh game, Hill choked in, the defense choked in and then committed stupid penalties. Again, Dalton takes majority of the blame for a team that falters just as much, if not more. 

But I digress. I'm hopeful, more so than most years, about this team's youth/potential. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 02:18 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: I tried to get Mixon in the 3rd, didn't happen.

I'm indifferent about my team, 12 team league, not PPR:

QB
Aaron Rodgers
Andy Dalton

RB
David Johnson
Jordan Howard
Peyton Barber
CJ Anderson

WR (weak position)
Marvin Jones
Demaryius Thomas
John Ross
Cooper Kupp

TE
Kyle Rudolph
Mike Gesicki
Tyler Kroft (when Eifert goes down)

DEF
Vikings

Kicker
Tucker

Two top five backs in Howard and Johnson, best QB in Rodgers, hell of a TE in Rudolph, and a strong D....... your team is stacked besides for WRs (and not much depth at RB).
Reply/Quote
of course he can he produced behind a worse line last year...

Now how much can he produce is a good question but if we push safties back with a few deep passes a game it should help him out... but he also catches the ball and your RB will get those points too..
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: of course he can he produced behind a worse line last year...

Now how much can he produce is a good question but if we push safties back with a few deep passes a game  it should help him out...   but he also catches the ball and your RB will get those points too..

Good point. Safeties have to be somewhat back to respect the talent of AJ Green (they might not yet for Ross, but I think you'd have to, unless you want to be on ESPN Top 10). This should allow for Mixon to get some decent carries. If nothing else, run that good ol' Brady offense and check down to RBs all day. 

Regardless, this offensive line is better than last year. How much is the question. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Mixon getting some love at nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000958320/article/rb-index-week-1-joe-mixon-ezekiel-elliott-saquon-barkley

The last three draft classes have featured running backs -- Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette and Saquon Barkley -- who were labeled as transcendent players before they even hit the gridiron. Barkley makes his debut Sunday, but Zeke and Fournette have already brought more attention to the position. Still, there's one player many have overlooked. Someone who has just as much, if not more, game-changing ability as these three high draft picks. Joe Mixon.

I've been high on the Cincinnati Bengal since he declared for the 2017 NFL Draft, ranking him as my top running back of that class due to his patience as a runner, versatility and great route-running ability. His talent is as impressive as that of Elliott and Barkley, and if it weren't for some serious off-the-field issues, he could have undoubtedly been a top-10 draft pick, as well. And though Mixon, a second-round selection, didn't exactly take the league by storm as a rookie (178 carries for 626 rush yards and four TDs; 30 rec. for 287 rec. yards), he's poised for a huge breakthrough in Year 2, one that will put him among the transcendent backs in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 05:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two top five backs in Howard and Johnson, best QB in Rodgers, hell of a TE in Rudolph, and a strong D....... your team is stacked besides for WRs (and not much depth at RB).

Banking on Barber being a starting RB all season...but he was a late pickup.  I neglected WR for way too long, but was weak at RB last season and finished in last place.  Wasn't going to let that happen again!
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm really struggling with this and whether or not Mixon can do anything behind this offensive line.

A BIG reason why it's bugging me so much is that, tomorrow, I have the fantasy draft with my best friends.  Pride, dignity, respect, self-respect, and glory are all on the line.

I have the #6 pick and I'm going to take Kamara in the first, and I'd take Mixon in the second if the right side of our line could block a team of nuns, and I'd take him without hesitation if he made it back to me in the third.

Will our line be decent enough to allow Mixon to have a big year?  It's PPR, and I like what he offers as a receiver, but our line doesn't block for shit for him.  

Should I take Kamara in the first, Dalvin Cook in the second, or (Gronk if Cook's not there)?

I doubt that Mixon makes it to the third since everyone in this league is from Greater Cincinnati, but it's possible.
Most NFL teams of late use many running backs in a game.  Even Collins and Howard and Ajayi and Elliott get pulled to bring in other runners or pass catchers.   I look for Mixon but I also look for a lot of Bernard and whoever our 3rd back is.   I do not look for it to be all Mixon as in days of Benson or Rudi or Dillon.  The game has changed.  Teams use as many as 3 running backs.  Washington certainly does. So did Super Bowl Eagles.   The days of a Jim Brown in there most of game, that is kind of not the way it is now.  These coaches really move players in and out now.  Short yard runners.  Up the gut runners. Outside runners.  Pass catching runners.  Pass blocking runners.  Coaches just move them in and out. 

Of course I want O Line to be better, and I think it will be. They at least tried this off season. They didn't even try last off season with Mike Brown saying, " Why should I pay a guard ". He said same thing when he let Montoya leave. You would think the franchise quarterback getting blown up would explain why you pay blockers. I think Bengals learned and did try to get blockers this year, unlike last year. The big loss was Whitworth, and the tackle from Buffalo brings a Whitworth type resume, so he should replace the aging Whitworth.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:06 AM)motoarch Wrote: Mixon getting some love at nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000958320/article/rb-index-week-1-joe-mixon-ezekiel-elliott-saquon-barkley

The last three draft classes have featured running backs -- Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette and Saquon Barkley -- who were labeled as transcendent players before they even hit the gridiron. Barkley makes his debut Sunday, but Zeke and Fournette have already brought more attention to the position. Still, there's one player many have overlooked. Someone who has just as much, if not more, game-changing ability as these three high draft picks. Joe Mixon.

I've been high on the Cincinnati Bengal since he declared for the 2017 NFL Draft, ranking him as my top running back of that class due to his patience as a runner, versatility and great route-running ability. His talent is as impressive as that of Elliott and Barkley, and if it weren't for some serious off-the-field issues, he could have undoubtedly been a top-10 draft pick, as well. And though Mixon, a second-round selection, didn't exactly take the league by storm as a rookie (178 carries for 626 rush yards and four TDs; 30 rec. for 287 rec. yards), he's poised for a huge breakthrough in Year 2, one that will put him among the transcendent backs in the NFL.

I read that yesterday and was actually shocked Maurice Jones-Drew wrote something positive about a Bengals player!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 12:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I read that yesterday and was actually shocked Maurice Jones-Drew wrote something positive about a Bengals player!

And a running back at that.

While a loss in this first game would be depressing, I think they will improve over the season as our offensive line gels.  If they win I will be even more encouraged.

I'm very excited to watch this game and the evolution of this young team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm really struggling with this and whether or not Mixon can do anything behind this offensive line.

A BIG reason why it's bugging me so much is that, tomorrow, I have the fantasy draft with my best friends.  Pride, dignity, respect, self-respect, and glory are all on the line.

I have the #6 pick and I'm going to take Kamara in the first, and I'd take Mixon in the second if the right side of our line could block a team of nuns, and I'd take him without hesitation if he made it back to me in the third.

Will our line be decent enough to allow Mixon to have a big year?  It's PPR, and I like what he offers as a receiver, but our line doesn't block for shit for him.  

Should I take Kamara in the first, Dalvin Cook in the second, or (Gronk if Cook's not there)?

I doubt that Mixon makes it to the third since everyone in this league is from Greater Cincinnati, but it's possible.

I would take Mixon in the 2nd no problem if he is there. I think it will come together soon where the stunts and
pulls get on time and then Mixon will have a huge year. Could even happen against the Colts who are not a good
run stopping team.
Reply/Quote