Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Re-Signing
(03-07-2016, 12:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This time it's TJ Johnson. Tate and TJ Johnson, what more could you ask for?

https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/706858448739241985

Cross a new Center of your draft wish list.

Well, we might draft a Center, but only if one of the top Centers falls to us in the 3rd or 4th round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
that just leaves Chris Crocker left and free agency will be just a success again - Hobs
Reply/Quote
SB bound baby!!! CoMEOnover, I haZ cAkE!
[Image: thumb_bengal-tiger-a787f02e1415994832533...382776.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 04:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:   And it seems desperate to me.  I mean, when in doubt, paint people as extremes, right?  When you can't counter an argument or someone's take is different than your own, make them seem unreasonable.

This makes no sense because I counter all of your arguments.

When is your next thread about how much the bengals spent on salary 4 years ago?  I think you only have three going.  Are you sure that is enough? You know, the ones with your page-long 1000 word "good natured jabs" and NO extreme language at all?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 05:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Toast Jones nailed it. Just some lighthearted fun in here. Well, it was anyway.

Heaven forbid we actually make a few jokes. It may offend the super-fans.

I guess I missed it in the official how to be a REAL FAN handbook. As did a few of us.  Ninja
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You clearly don't understand how things work around here.  

We just signed a guy who has been a back up on our roster for the last two years.  It is the usual kind of signing that every team in the league makes.  But in Bengaland it is cause for a crybaby convention.

And BTW the same people who are crying about us signing T.J. would be crying just as hard if he had ended up signing with another team. 

How many starters do the bengals have hitting free agency? Pacman, Marvin, Iloka, Nelson, hall, sanu, smith, Vinnie Rey. About 8.
How many ufas do the bengals have? 14.

More cash, more free agents, more ufa starters, more former coaches on other teams, and better free agents than in the past!

Tate and Tj Johnson.
And a hope for compensatory picks in 2017 that probably wouldn't get a starting snap until 2018.

Let's be patient in 2016, because might be good in 2018?
Smh
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 01:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, if it's true that the Bengals will only have 15m allocated for free agency...the the signing of Tate and Johnson already have that number down to around 13.5m with MLJ, Iloka, Nelson, Sanu, Pacman, Hall and Rey all ready to hit the open market. Nervous

Spotrac reports that the bengals have $39 million to spend, but the bengals shave $24 million off of this number for injury contingency, draft signing, possible incentive etc.

Imagine if Hobson wrote for a team that had $24 million or less in cap space? Like 15 nfl teams.

Evidently, these 15 teams would have ZERO money to sign their or other players in free agency.

How oh how does nearly half the nfl operate with zero money in free agency (based on Bengal math)!?!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 04:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, what you view as whining others might view as light hearted jabs.  I really don't see a lot of outrage in this thread.  I think a lot of people are poking fun at these two signings, knowing what names are behind them.

I don't know, I often see you accuse people of "squealing", "crying", "whining", etc. when it seems like simple joking or it's just a different view than your own.  And it seems desperate to me.  I mean, when in doubt, paint people as extremes, right?  When you can't counter an argument or someone's take is different than your own, make them seem unreasonable.

-Want a free agent?  You want Albert Haynesworth.
-Want to be more active in Free Agency?  You want to be the Bucaneers or Redskins.
-Want some postseason success?  You wouldn't be happy unless we win a Superbowl.
-Poke fun at the team for resigning Brandon Tate for the 8th time?  You're squealing and crying.

The only one I see whining in this thread is you.  Resorting to calling people a bunch of crybabies because they're joking around about signing TJ Johnson.  
      Clapping       as always   Good Post
(03-07-2016, 05:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Toast Jones nailed it. Just some lighthearted fun in here. Well, it was anyway.

[Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]
(03-07-2016, 06:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the issue is that it is always the same folk "poking fun".

But as you say:

Happy with the team? You settle for medicrity
Content with the FAs we sign?  Don't want the team to improve
Proud of the Bengals regualr season performances? Don't care about post-season success

I'm sure the Boy that cried Wolf thought he was just being "light hearted" but after a while the town's folks grew tired of hearing him none the less.
and it's always the same folk who can't look and see a little fun,without trying to ruin it for everyone  Yawn
(03-07-2016, 07:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And you made a thread of this signing ??  WOW...  Hilarious

glad he did I hadn't heard about the signing till I logged on. thank you Leonard leap 

Reply/Quote
I don't mind the re-sign at all.

TJ Johnson is a body on the Oline.

I'm sure he was cheap, so this saves a late round pick.
Reply/Quote
Ilkoka, Pacman, Sanu and Marvin are all going to be on other teams. These guys are going to get over paid.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 10:16 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote:      
and it's always the same folk who can't look and see a little fun,without trying to ruin it for everyone  Yawn

Personally I usually consider the source and just move on. I was simply explaining why some may not see the "humor" to the same degree as others do. I remeber I used to be "light-hearted" and "poke fun" at CP9. Folks were always trying to ruin my fun early in the process.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 01:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: By Hobson's calculations, we're now down to $237.00 in cap space

Sounds about right
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:51 PM)bonesaw Wrote: that just leaves Chris Crocker left and free agency will be just a success again - Hobs

Don't be ridiculous

We won't sign Crocker until after the season has started.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 08:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't be ridiculous

We won't sign Crocker until after the season has started.

keep his legs fresh.  he's a vet he doesn't need all of the offseason stuff
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:24 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: some team would have struck gold Ninja
message boards isn't the place for some people,many in fact most have different opinions and express them differently  
Clapping
well they could always sell the washing machines and dryers,to raise some extra cash. maybe go full blown yard sale. you would think they have top of the line exercise machine and weights 

You sure about that ?

[Image: funny_weight_lifting_1001.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 12:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, thank God they got that done early.  Can you imagine if TJ Johnson and Brandon Tate would have been allowed to hit the open market?

I know right, they were on every teams radar obviously. haha
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Think everybody understands filling out lower tier of roster.

But with so many players out there to try to re-sign it just seems odd.

Because we all know Tate would be much easier to replace than Jones or Sanu.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

[Image: Show-Super-Friends-v1-cvr_52d491a8d11415...k=meWK0lcT][Image: Show-Super-Friends-v1-cvr_52d491a8d11415...k=meWK0lcT][/url][url=https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Super_Friends.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Friends_%281973_TV_series%29&h=197&w=290&tbnid=DH2oMnrfcIKvEM:&docid=-2zNBywv1BXPUM&ei=OdTfVrbrNMG6eY-bp_gL&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKEwj267_gjbPLAhVBXR4KHY_NCb8QMwhrKAEwAQ]
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally I usually consider the source and just move on. I was simply explaining why some may not see the "humor" to the same degree as others do. I remeber I used to be "light-hearted" and "poke fun" at CP9. Folks were always trying to ruin my fun early in the process.

Don't know why someone always has call fun police. I be damn if I would join them though. there is plenty of threads, if one looks like people are having fun  I would avoid it.  Rock On

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 09:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You sure about that ?

[Image: funny_weight_lifting_1001.jpg]

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote