Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Can We Make A Run With This O-Line
Tiger

I was very critical of this offensive line coming into the season.How far can this team get with this offensive line as its constructed? I don't like it! The defensive lines become elite at this stage of the season. Its getting cold now Zac!
Reply/Quote
when you compare to the Browns and Balt O lines..its not even close. Whats apparent to me is we are ok @ T but the middle is just average.
I was watching the Colts O Line on Thursday nite DOMINATE that Jets D that we could barely squeek out a 3 yd gain on. Its very obvious the Line is not very good. So much for fixing it in Offseason.
Should be interesting in Raider game on how they deal with Maxx Crosby...
I think the dude had 3 sacks last time we played them
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:14 PM)kalibengal Wrote: when you compare to the Browns and Balt O lines..its not even close. Whats apparent to me is we are ok @ T but the middle is just average.

that's putting it VERY lightly. An average interior would be a massive improvement

Hopkins is a dumpster fire, and whoever's at RG is also currently bad at the moment
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:14 PM)kalibengal Wrote: when you compare to the Browns and Balt O lines..its not even close. Whats apparent to me is we are ok @ T but the middle is just average.
I was watching the Colts O Line on Thursday nite DOMINATE that Jets D that we could barely squeek out a 3 yd gain on. Its very obvious the Line is not very good. So much for fixing it in Offseason.
Should be interesting in Raider game on how they deal with Maxx Crosby...
I think the dude had 3 sacks last time we played them

I look at it this way, we are pretty much great in most positions on this team now, so we can really focus on nothing but Oline this upcoming FA and draft. 
Reply/Quote
Tiger

This was about protection last offseason and its about it now. We can't put that on Zac
Reply/Quote
No, we can’t make a run with this offensive line. We can’t make a pass either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

you're more an optimist than me, i see the bengals OL as average at OT and poor at interior.
Reply/Quote
Yes.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I look at it this way, we are pretty much great in most positions on this team now, so we can really focus on nothing but Oline this upcoming FA and draft. 

yet, i see the CB1 situation as not good. they can't go into 2022 counting on waynes. need to cut him and find a CB1 that is available to play on sunday.

then they have to prioritize the OL starters/depth. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:29 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

This was about protection last offseason and its about it now. We can't put that on Zac

Last time I checked, Zac is the head coach of this football team.  According to most on here, you'll hear them say Zac has HIS guys now. 

So Zac has a lot of say where they draft and sign free agents.  

So to say we can't put this on Zac I think you're incorrect, IMO. 

I believed coming into this season we upgrade in a lot of areas minus the offensive line. 

However, I believed coaching was gonna be an issue.  We have 8 games to find out if Zac can get his offense clicking, whether the OL can block anyone or if Lou's defense can stop anyone in the 2nd half of the season.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No, we can’t make a run with this offensive line.  We can’t make a pass either.

Tiger

We expect excellence from Joe as we should but...
This falls underneath Zac and management. Why is this team content? No Duke you may have to give up a 5th or 6th for a veteran offensive lineman. " If your trying to win a championship" ok
Reply/Quote
A run potentially for a winning season and maybe a chance at a playoff berth?
Yes, it's possible. Taylor will have to get more creative with play calling to get receivers open faster though.

In terms of being a contender, I don't think so.
Hopkins still isn't back to form and RG situation is a mess.

I could see 2 positions needing addressed this offseason, possibly up to 4 if Spain and/or Reiff leaves in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Titans won with Bobby Hart. Jags with Obuegi. Browns RT is a liability. Most every NFL team has holes in their line, They can overcome adversity why can't we? My answer is Zac Taylor. Prove me wrong Zac
Reply/Quote
I despise the Turds but they have built a championship level offensive line. So have Dallas, Tampa Bay, and the Patriots are winning again because they are blocking again.

The Bengals’ line is BETTER but still not GOOD; I understand ANYTHING is better than 2016-2020 because the line had nowhere to go but UP.

The worse the line plays the more the playbook shrinks. That makes a defensive coordinator’s job much easier.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Titans won with Bobby Hart. Jags with Obuegi. Browns RT is a liability. Most every NFL team has holes in their line, They can overcome adversity why can't we? My answer is Zac Taylor. Prove me wrong Zac

you ignore the point I made about this yesterday just to WHINE some more. Hilarious.

ONCE AGAIN, the titans defense DOMINATED, had a pick 6, and put the titans offense in good territory.

That titans offense simply kept it safe. The Tennesse defense won them that game.

If cincy's defense was as dominant as Tennesse's was, then the bengals win that game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you ignore the point I made about this yesterday just to ***** some more. Hilarious.

ONCE AGAIN, the titans defense DOMINATED, had a pick 6, and put the titans in offense good territory.

That titans offense simply kept it safe. The Tennesse defense won them that game.

If cincy's defense was as dominant as Tennesse's was, then the bengals win that game. 

For the first seven games the Bengals’ defense kept the team in every game even when the offense sputtered badly. Unfortunately the last two games have been awful with the defense allowing 34 points each time.

Maybe offensive coordinators figured out Lou Anarumo but I see less energy from the Cincinnati defense. Players are out of position and missing tackles.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The worse the line plays the more the playbook shrinks.  That makes a defensive coordinator’s job much easier.

preach it sir!
Reply/Quote
I think we can make the playoffs with this current offensive line . Half the teams in the AFC playoff picture have offensive line issues or major issues in general. The defense playing horrible ,turnovers ,abandoning the run and bad play calling are bigger concerns for me.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:14 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I think we can make the playoffs with this current offensive line. Half the teams in the AFC playoff picture have offensive line issues. The defense playing horrible ,turnovers and bad play calling are bigger concerns for me.

yep. The offense is decent, but they cant win games on their own. 

They need the defense to show up to win games
Reply/Quote
Short yardage runs on big downs? Nah.

No, this OL isn't good enough for a playoff run. It will get exposed by a top notch defensive scheme and talent.
Reply/Quote