Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Russell Bodine
(09-16-2017, 02:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: John Ross: 1 touch, 1 fumble
Russell Bodine: 1 touch, 0 fumbles

Ninja

Yep.  I deserved that...and we were rewarded with Ross being on the field for 5 other snaps while the rest of the offense sucked rhinoceros balls.  Bodine sucks at his job EVERY snap, and he still trots out there with the starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My first thought after the hit was that if it was Burfict who made it all we would have heard about is how it was a center who had the ball and they were obviously going to go no where and he could have simply wrapped him up and brought him to the ground instead of hitting him with the clear intent to injure. Goodell is looking into the hit and Burfict will be suspended for at least 10 games.
Reply/Quote
I would never wish an injury on a someone who doesn't play for Pittsburgh, but I couldn't be the only one hoping Watt knocked Bodine out for the rest of the year, right? Nothing major. Nothing that would negatively impact Bodine for years to come, but just enough to keep him from playing another snap this year.
Reply/Quote
Burfict would have been fined and suspended.

Shazier gets $25k for hitting a sliding, defenseless QB while Burfict gets five games ( reduced to three) hitting someone in the middle of the field during a play straight up and not using his helmet or hitting the player in the head.

Here is one of the problems with the Bengals- why didn't they go ballistic about Burfict's suspension???

No emotion, no passion. Punch the clock, lay low, and collect the money.
Reply/Quote
No, it just put the explanation point on the game and season so far.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  I deserved that...and we were rewarded with Ross being on the field for 5 other snaps while the rest of the offense sucked rhinoceros balls.  Bodine sucks at his job EVERY snap, and he still trots out there with the starters.

Maybe Bodine got a minor injury (hurt feelings and embarrassment) that keeps him out a game or so and TJ gets his shot at proving he is our best Center on roster.

You know like when a RB or WR fumbles the ball and other team recovers it and they come to sideline with phantom injury that is always better when it is time to go back in.  

Heck PFF says he is our best overall lineman anyhow. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 12:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Maybe Bodine got a minor injury (hurt feelings and embarrassment) that keeps him out a game or so and TJ gets his shot at proving he is our best Center on roster.

You know like when a RB or WR fumbles the ball and other team recovers it and they come to sideline with phantom injury that is always better when it is time to go back in.  

Heck PFF says he is our best overall lineman anyhow. 

That made me throw up in my mouth a little.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote