Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can he catch the ball?
(08-14-2019, 12:01 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I thought we were talking about Ross .

Not quite...we have about 10 pages on that guy wondering if he can even get on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 10:22 PM)jason Wrote: Driskel is a WR now...

Ryan Tannehill 2.0
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 10:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Why not? It may be his only chance not to be cut.

Absolutely.  What I like is that he apparently asked what else he can do to help the club.  He is also being utilized on special teams.  Anyone remember Donald Hollas?  
Reply/Quote
Diskellll is officially my favorite "WR to hype up to the heavens before he ultimately does" nothing for this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 08:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wasn't it Washington what's his face WR threw a TD against early in a game few years back ? They won't run a flea flicker in preseason though.

Yea Sanu did a couple times. I am as interested in some of the Read Option stuff as I am the passing. Run some packages out there with Dalton in the backfield with Driskell lined up next to him and you have a ton of possibilities. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Leave it to moron Marvin not to realize Driskel was a WR!  Do you think ZT can make him into a nightmare for opposing DCs?

sarcastic?  didn't driskel break his arm playing WR in camp one year?
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: sarcastic?  didn't driskel break his arm playing WR in camp one year?

Yup, I should use that ninja guy more often, honestly.
Reply/Quote
Ross is shaking in his boots knowing Driskel is now a hybrid WR/QB.
Reply/Quote
will say while we probly have better WRs based on camp news there is something for a WR that can potentially throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: will say while we probly have better WRs based on camp news there is something for a WR that can potentially throw the ball.

He also offers a lot in punt coverage according to the Athletic quote from Taylor, which should probably scare Core as that is all you hear about why he has to stay on this team.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of my biggest complaints about last year was. When Andy went down we never tried to tailor the game plan to Driskel's skills. We just called the game like Andy was QB

This was always an issue under Marvin. Never any adjustment for the playcalling to cater to the players on the field. All the players had to adjust to one way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This was always an issue under Marvin. Never any adjustment for the playcalling to cater to the players on the field. All the players had to adjust to one way.

Adjustments are a good thing, but aren't we also fired up about the prospect of ZT brining the Rams' system here and shoehorning our 6-10 team into it?  Just saying.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Adjustments are a good thing, but aren't we also fired up about the prospect of ZT brining the Rams' system here and shoehorning our 6-10 team into it?  Just saying.

I hear ya, but I think it's not so much what system as it is a coaches (ML) inflexibility within his system. Many, including me, believe ML wouldn't budge much when it came to adapting plays for an individual players strengths. He said we're running these plays with these routes and this and that and that's final ! You either adapt to my plan or you're out.

We're all hoping ZT can recognize strengths and be more flexible within the system.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure Driskel is an official anything at this point other than a possible backup QB/possible backup receiver except he most definitely IS a topic of much debate as to his official release date.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think it's a great move. This kind of thing is happening around the league now, and for once, Cincinnati is somewhere in the middle when it comes to conforming to trends rather than dead last.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not quite...we have about 10 pages on that guy wondering if he can even get on the field.

Can't drop passes if you're not even on the field.

*taps forhead*

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Adjustments are a good thing, but aren't we also fired up about the prospect of ZT brining the Rams' system here and shoehorning our 6-10 team into it?  Just saying.

Not exactly. I'd still expect and want Taylor to adjust his playcalling based on the skill set of the players out there rather than forcing everyone to follow the same gameplan. Not every RB is going to be able to play like Mixon, not every WR is going to be able to play like AJ, and not every TE is going to play like Eifert.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ryan Tannehill 2.0

Tannehill is heads and shoulders what Driskel has been and will ever be as a QB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  ML wouldn't budge much when it came to adapting plays for an individual players strengths. He said we're running these plays with these routes and this and that and that's final ! You either adapt to my plan or you're out.

This is not true at all.

We had RBs who never caught passes (Benson, BJGE) but when we drafted Gio we started throwing more to our RBs.

We had TEs that never caught passes (Kelly, Foshie, Coats) but when we drafted Gresham we started throwing a bunch of TE screens, and then when we drafted Eifert we started throwing downfield to the TE.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.

We had RBs who never caught passes (Benson, BJGE) but when we drafted Gio we started throwing more to our RBs.

We had TEs that never caught passes (Kelly, Foshie, Coats) but when we drafted Gresham we started throwing a bunch of TE screens, and then when we drafted Eifert we started throwing downfield to the TE.

And aren't we looking forward to ZT making Sample into the pass-catching TE he's never been before?  Hmm...
Reply/Quote