Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can it get any worse?
(04-27-2022, 09:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well they're the worst team in MLB so how does it go down from here ?

Greene, Lodolo, & India suffer super bad injuries, career ruining type stuff. I hope Stephenson's concussion issue doesn't go the way of Jason LaRue where the poor guy can't function in life yet alone play ball.

Anyhow, it's tough to watch this team.

I wonder what the organizational dialogue is about their young pitchers? I'm thinking the minors might be better for their long-term success?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every other team in MLB has at least twice as many wins as the Reds (3).

We are getting outscored by 2.6 runs per game which is about 30% worse than the second worst team (Nats 2.2)
Reply/Quote
We are now 3-15. Bally Sports showed a graphic last night of bad starts for teams that still made the playoffs. I just chuckled as there is no way this team is good enough to make a run. It is sad the Reds are not even getting close to winning.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Joey Votto makes the big bucks but can’t start hitting until July.
Its in his contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 09:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We are now 3-15. Bally Sports showed a graphic last night of bad starts for teams that still made the playoffs. I just chuckled as there is no way this team is good enough to make a run. It is sad the Reds are not even getting close to winning.

Hey someone once told me You always gonna lose 50 and win 50  its the other 60 some games that matter we just getting the losing out of the way early.

but the worse the Record Gets the Cheaper beer should be in the Stadium...

I think there needs to be a direct correlation
Reply/Quote

Shame on the Castellini’s for what they’ve done to a once proud franchise. Seriously, shame on them.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Shame on the Castellini’s for what they’ve done to a once proud franchise. Seriously, shame on them.

Agree , they should be ran out of town.
Reply/Quote
The media isn't going easy on them either, which is fine.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hey someone once told me You always gonna lose 50 and win 50  its the other 60 some games that matter we just getting the losing out of the way early.

Whoever said you were going to win 50 never saw this team.
Reply/Quote
The worst start in franchise history and no light at the end of the tunnel. Trade the remaining good players to contenders. They deserve it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
How many years will it take to recover with this 3-19 team? Will it almost take new ownership to turn it around with money? Because how else can it turn around with the Castellinis.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Whoever said you were going to win 50 never saw this team.

Ill ask him if he wants to revise his statement lol

i just checked a list since 1962 only 1 team has had a winning % less than .300 and that was Detroit in 2003.

Might as well go for the record.

Lowest win total in history was the Spiders in 1899 with 20 we can do it
Reply/Quote
If this is what it takes to get rid of Bell and Krall . . . *siiiiigh* . . . I guess I can sit through another bad year.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 02:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If this is what it takes to get rid of Bell and Krall . . .  *siiiiigh* . . . I guess I can sit through another bad year.

as long as we arent the Team in the next Major League movie
Reply/Quote
Reds winning %.... .125
Next worse............ .346

Reds outscored by 82 runs.
Next worse is 39 runs.
Reply/Quote
I'm tired of watching the Reds broadcast as Sadak & Welsh try to sell it to us fans that Tommy Pham is an amazing ball player. Pham's had a respectable career and belongs in the big leagues, but the Bally Sports crew is really hyping him as if we had a Mays or Griffey Jr. like talent roaming the OF.

I wonder if ownership dictates and influences what announcers have to say?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 10:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm tired of watching the Reds broadcast as Sadak & Welsh try to sell it to us fans that Tommy Pham is an amazing ball player. Pham's had a respectable career and belongs in the big leagues, but the Bally Sports crew is really hyping him as if we had a Mays or Griffey Jr. like talent roaming the OF.

I wonder if ownership dictates and influences what announcers have to say?

Pham really looked like a star in '17 when he came out of no where for a big breakout season (.306 avg, 23 HR and 25 SB in only 444 AB, .931 OPS).  I remember that season, but I thought he was some young player.  I stead he was 29 years old back then.  He had a couple of more decent seasons in '18 and '19, but dropped off dramatically the last 2 seasons (.226 avg, .705 OPS, only 18 HR in 584 AB).  Now he is 34 and washed up. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 02:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If this is what it takes to get rid of Bell and Krall . . .  *siiiiigh* . . . I guess I can sit through another bad year.

Bell - What has he done wrong?  Who would you replace him with that would be an upgrade....that is willing to manage this team?

Krall - He isnt making an decesions on his own, do you think his replacement would.  Who would you replace him with that would be an upgrade....that is willing to GM this team?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 02:49 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Bell - What has he done wrong?  Who would you replace him with that would be an upgrade....that is willing to manage this team?

Krall - He isnt making an decesions on his own, do you think his replacement would.  Who would you replace him with that would be an upgrade....that is willing to GM this team?

You're actually serious.

OK

I'm also an Angels fan. I maaaaaaybe disagreed with Mike Scioscia three times in 19 years. I'll do that more than three times a game with Bell.

His only decent season was the shut down year when they went with the DH, thus eliminating his favorite tool to hang himself, the double switch. Without it this year, should help him, but he would replace a pitcher that was due to hit 2nd next inning and with the double switch, he's now due to bat in the 6th spot. Sometimes, he'll only use the pitcher for that inning and then have a replacement pitcher the following inning. So instead of just pinch hitting for the pitcher and keeping the pitcher in the 9 spot, all he did was remove a starter from the lineup and moved the pitcher's slot up three places in the order.

He doesn't know what to do and appears to have zero feel for the game because he's an analytics guy. He only does what the chart tells him he should do.

He's trying to turn the Reds into a version of himself. His dream is to have a team of utility players and his constant need to make a decision or a move just for the sake of making a move takes away at bats from regulars to "keep his bench players ready". It also led to the Reds being consistently the least prepared team going into extra innings because chances are that he has already emptied his bench. You shouldn't have starting pitchers as your only pinch hitters available in the 11th inning and he's done that several times.

He's about as clueless with handling a bullpen as Dusty Baker was when he was here. Colorado was his most recent **** up, ruining a kids impressive major league debut by bringing in a curve ball pitcher in a close game in a stadium where breaking balls don't break as much. After the game he stood by his decision and more or less blamed Art Warren for not coming through.

The team sucks now, so you think removing the manager won't result in more wins so what's the point? He should have never had the spot in the first place. I would have rather that they stuck with Riggleman and I wasn't a fan of him.

What has he done to keep the job? One .500 season with an embarrassing exit in an expanded playoff. Pass.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 06:38 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You're actually serious.

OK

I'm also an Angels fan. I maaaaaaybe disagreed with Mike Scioscia three times in 19 years. I'll do that more than three times a game with Bell.

His only decent season was the shut down year when they went with the DH, thus eliminating his favorite tool to hang himself, the double switch. Without it this year, should help him, but he would replace a pitcher that was due to hit 2nd next inning and with the double switch, he's now due to bat in the 6th spot. Sometimes, he'll only use the pitcher for that inning and then have a replacement pitcher the following inning. So instead of just pinch hitting for the pitcher and keeping the pitcher in the 9 spot, all he did was remove a starter from the lineup and moved the pitcher's slot up three places in the order.

He doesn't know what to do and appears to have zero feel for the game because he's an analytics guy. He only does what the chart tells him he should do.

He's trying to turn the Reds into a version of himself. His dream is to have a team of utility players and his constant need to make a decision or a move just for the sake of making a move takes away at bats from regulars to "keep his bench players ready". It also led to the Reds being consistently the least prepared team going into extra innings because chances are that he has already emptied his bench. You shouldn't have starting pitchers as your only pinch hitters available in the 11th inning and he's done that several times.

He's about as clueless with handling a bullpen as Dusty Baker was when he was here. Colorado was his most recent **** up, ruining a kids impressive major league debut by bringing in a curve ball pitcher in a close game in a stadium where breaking balls don't break as much. After the game he stood by his decision and more or less blamed Art Warren for not coming through.

The team sucks now, so you think removing the manager won't result in more wins so what's the point? He should have never had the spot in the first place. I would have rather that they stuck with Riggleman and I wasn't a fan of him.

What has he done to keep the job? One .500 season with an embarrassing exit in an expanded playoff. Pass.

To be fair you can't really blame Bell for this current mess. There's something like 15 guys on the IL and most of them starters leaving him to basically put a triple A team out there every day. Sorry but there is no other manager in baseball that gets put in this situation with this team that would be doing any better right now.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote