Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone please explain the Ross benching last game?
Why has no one brought this up? The guy gets 15 yards on an end around, fumbles the ball on an awkward landing (a lot of players would have fumbled that ball), and then is benched the rest of the game.

What, Marvin FINALLY decided to go hard ass? None the less against a rookie making his first start who fumbled a ball on an awkward landing? Give me a break.

Not sure what Marvin was trying to prove there. With as bad as this team has struggled on offense they could have used a guy like Ross to stretch the field and use his speed.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why has no one brought this up? The guy gets 15 yards on an end around, fumbles the ball on an awkward landing (a lot of players would have fumbled that ball), and then is benched the rest of the game.

What, Marvin FINALLY decided to go hard ass? None the less against a rookie making his first start who fumbled a ball on an awkward landing? Give me a break.

Not sure what Marvin was trying to prove there. With as bad as this team has struggled on offense they could have used a guy like Ross to stretch the field and use his speed.

He fumbled because a helmet hit the ball. And it was pretty sad to see Marv kill Ross's confidence like that. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why has no one brought this up? The guy gets 15 yards on an end around, fumbles the ball on an awkward landing (a lot of players would have fumbled that ball), and then is benched the rest of the game.

Marvin has always been a stickler when it comes to turnovers for RBs/WRs/TEs. Hope that lesson was worth the loss, Marvin!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wish someone would bench Marvin for his crappy clock management
Reply/Quote
No doubt...Kareem Hunt for the Chiefs fumbled on his first carry and then went on for 240 AP yard, over 150 rushing and 3 TDs...but we just pull our guy out....LOL
Reply/Quote
Zampese is a dumbass.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:11 AM)spazz70 Wrote: No doubt...Kareem Hunt for the Chiefs fumbled on his first carry and then went on for 240 AP yard, over 150 rushing and 3 TDs...but we just pull our guy out....LOL

There's the Bengals way and the rest of the NFL's way. 
Reply/Quote
To be fair, were they planning on playing Ross a lot? I mean, isn't he coming back from injury and so they might not have played him much?

Just wondering.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not to mention no Tyler Boyd either. I have no clue what is going on....
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 11:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, were they planning on playing Ross a lot? I mean, isn't he coming back from injury and so they might not have played him much?

Just wondering.

I would think that wasn't the plan given Boyd and Malone were inactive. By inactivating Boyd and hardly playing Ross, you limit the WRs down to just Green, LaFell, Core, and Erickson. Not a smart plan if intended that way.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:11 AM)spazz70 Wrote: No doubt...Kareem Hunt for the Chiefs fumbled on his first carry and then went on for 240 AP yard, over 150 rushing and 3 TDs...but we just pull our guy out....LOL

I did bring this up, and I referenced that Hunt broke the NFL record (!) for total yards in a rookie's first game.  And the Pats got a TE after his fumble, the Rats got a FG.

That was the second thing this year that Marvin has done that has me hanging on to this team by a very thin thread.  The other thing was punting in the Raven"s territory on 4th and 5 with 10 minutes left in the game down by 20 points.

I made a (serious) comment that if I was the punter, I would have called a fake in the huddle and ran for it, then spiked the ball at Marvin's feet and yelled "I'm not giving up!".

Zampese was lost as an OC.  Predictable, poor decisions, poor execution, etc.  Funny thing is Marvin is all of those things.  15 years as HC and Zampese only lasted 18 games as OC.  At least we are all but certain this is his final year.  Damn, why did they let Hue interview with the Browns?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 10:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin has always been a stickler when it comes to turnovers for RBs/WRs/TEs. Hope that lesson was worth the loss, Marvin!

They weren't gonna win with John Ross in there.  Unless you know something I don't, and Ross doubles as a stud Left Tackle.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:05 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They weren't gonna win with John Ross in there.  Unless you know something I don't, and Ross doubles as a stud Left Tackle.

He does, actually. For all that "elite athleticism" that Ogbuehi is supposed to have, Ross completely outshines him in that department. Smirk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:05 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They weren't gonna win with John Ross in there.  Unless you know something I don't, and Ross doubles as a stud Left Tackle.

yeah because he isn't one of the most electric players on our team, and couldn't have broke free at any time. we didn't lose by 40 we lost by 4, one big play could've changed the game but yeah he wouldn't have made an impact
Reply/Quote
It was pretty hypocritical to punish him like that. I mean look at how other guys make mistakes from missed blocks, bad throws, missed tackles, etc. Yet didnt seem anyone else gets punished. Overall it was pretty piss poor to do that to your 9th overall draft pick in his first game. Hope the kid bounces back and isn't afraid to play hard in fear of being benched again.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I'm starting to fear that Ross isn't ready to play. In his limited preseason action, they seem to use him exclusively on reverses. Then they bench him after a fumble on a reverse.

The fumble itself was a guy that put his helmet on the ball...not Ross failing to secure the ball.

Either they were being extremely hard on him...or he's not ready to play due to limited camp action.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 12:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm starting to fear that Ross isn't ready to play. In his limited preseason action, they seem to use him exclusively on reverses. Then they bench him after a fumble on a reverse.

The fumble itself was a guy that put his helmet on the ball...not Ross failing to secure the ball.

Either they were being extremely hard on him...or he's not ready to play due to limited camp action.

I actually fear the opposite: we are sitting a rookie who could have a massive impact, and losing out on valuable production.

The Bengals have been called out for not putting their players in the best positions. A simple example is Burkhead's performance in NE right now. 

But again, we sit Ross, WJ3, I've barely seen Billings... goes on and on. 

This is just my take though.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 01:16 PM)thillan Wrote: I actually fear the opposite: we are sitting a rookie who could have a massive impact, and losing out on valuable production.

The Bengals have been called out for not putting their players in the best positions. A simple example is Burkhead's performance in NE right now. 

But again, we sit Ross, WJ3, I've barely seen Billings... goes on and on. 

This is just my take though.

Yep. We know they don't like playing rookies. It definitely stunts development.

But playing an undrafted guy in Erickson over a Top 10 pick that is the fastest guy in the NFL? Insane.

Ross's talent ceiling is about 100 times higher than Erickson.
Reply/Quote
In an effort to break his confidence.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Two words. Marvin Lewis. Or shit truck. They are interchangable.

Remember jordan evans playing his ass off. Zero defensive snaps. Williams back with one arm? Give Fej zero snaps. Just out right deactivate Boyd our second roind pick proclaimed by the teams own website to be one of the most improved. Struggling OL? give zero snaps to Andre or Westerman.

Absolute garbage clueless shithead running the show.
Reply/Quote