Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Wait to see the Queen City on Primetime!!
I've mentioned before, we moved to Colorado in September.

While we are pretty stoked with our decision, there is a lot we miss. The food (Skyline, wahhhh!) and the Jungle during national, Primetime games. Among other things, lol.

I'll be watching from Broncoland, so make me proud Cincy! I do miss it but, honestly, Colorado is the shit. Cool
Reply/Quote
Man there is no way i could go more than a few weeks without skyline, i would go nuts.  Gaah

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If AD performs like he has all year, yes.

I will be MORTIFIED if he freezes up and chokes.

IMHO, he has 2 more mental hurdles to get over
1) Prime Time games
2) Playoffs

*FWIW: one "could" make a reasonable argument that the reason he didn't kill it Sunday was b/c it was a BIG game and sort of PRIME TIME (game of the week).
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 09:11 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: Man there is no way i could go more than a few weeks without skyline, i would go nuts.  Gaah

I am going nuts....A bit, lol! Gosh, I'd kill for some fresh Skyline. A friend is visiting soon and I'm going to ask her to somehow bring me a 3 way. Figure she can get it and put it in a lunchbox as the flight is only 2 hours, lol! We LOADED up on it before we left and never got tired of it.

Actually, I'm cooking canned Skyline tonight for three ways with garlic bread. God I miss those bean mix burritos and their garlic bread...The coneys and spaghetti, goes without saying.

The food just isn't as good here, imho. Cooking at home has been necessary bc we don't live near 500 fast food joints, so that's a plus. It's making the hubby happy bc I am a pretty good cook, when I do it.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 09:12 PM)Whacked Wrote: If AD performs like he has all year, yes.

1) Prime Time games
2) Playoffs

*FWIW: one "could" make a reasonable argument that the reason he didn't kill it Sunday was b/c it was a BIG game and sort of PRIME TIME (game of the week).

The officiating was terrible. The frustration was CLEARLY palpable. When I get frustrated, like to the max, I'm a hot mess!

Did they play great? No, not even close. But I'm hoping being home after two weeks on the road will help. And, it's the Browns!
Reply/Quote
I concur Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 08:51 PM)BengalB Wrote: I've mentioned before, we moved to Colorado in September.

While we are pretty stoked with our decision, there is a lot we miss. The food (Skyline, wahhhh!) and the Jungle during national, Primetime games. Among other things, lol.

I'll be watching from Broncoland, so make me proud Cincy! I do miss it but, honestly, Colorado is the shit.  Cool
I'm with you. I recently moved to destin,  Florida and I'm missing going to games in Cincinnati and the buzz they create in the city.  That being said, I live in paradise now so I can't complain too much! 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 09:12 PM)Whacked Wrote: If AD performs like he has all year, yes.

1) Prime Time games
2) Playoffs

Can you please post his stat line so we can talk?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 08:51 PM)BengalB Wrote: I've mentioned before, we moved to Colorado in September.

I'll be watching from Broncoland, so make me proud Cincy! I do miss it but, honestly, Colorado is the shit.  Cool

I'm curious; are you going to be at the Cincinnati @ Denver game?
Reply/Quote
I like watching them fro afar and quite frankly with ticket prices, parking and the traffic hassles, like watching them more on TV. But I've never been to a Bengals night game and would like to knock that off the list someday. Even watching them on TV in prime time is always a cool experience cause it never seemed to happen a lot until recently.
Reply/Quote
I'm scared for some reason it's first game all year I'm nervous on how well play
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 04:25 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I'm scared for some reason it's first game all year I'm nervous on how well play

I feel exactly the same way.  The Browns always play us tough and it's primetime.  Makes me nervous as hell Confused
Reply/Quote

I take trips home from time to time and get frozen skyline, goetta, and Frisch's tartar sauce and take it back with me.  It's the only way to survive living away from Cincy.  
Reply/Quote
I make my own Skyline. Just buy the chili and the cheese at the grocer and your're set. Also, it's cheaper and it tastes better. (I like my dogs grilled). Not too worried about the game. Even if disaster strikes we have 4 other chances to get over the curse before it matters.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 09:29 PM)BengalB Wrote: I am going nuts....A bit, lol! Gosh, I'd kill for some fresh Skyline. A friend is visiting soon and I'm going to ask her to somehow bring me a 3 way. Figure she can get it and put it in a lunchbox as the flight is only 2 hours, lol! We LOADED up on it before we left and never got tired of it.

Actually, I'm cooking canned Skyline tonight for three ways with garlic bread. God I miss those bean mix burritos and their garlic bread...The coneys and spaghetti, goes without saying.

The food just isn't as good here, imho. Cooking at home has been necessary bc we don't live near 500 fast food joints, so that's a plus. It's making the hubby happy bc I am a pretty good cook, when I do it.  Tongue

Hi,

For seven years I lived in southern CA and they had a bar in Pasadena that was a Bengal's fan haunt.  I went there and it was crazy -- you'd swear a Cinti bar got lifted up and plunked down there.  It was the kind where every booth had its own big screen TV and someone brought Skyline!  I'm guessing it was heated frozen and the cheddar cheese was cut pizza cheese style instead of fine, like in Cincinnati.  But no matter; it was just so cool in the L.A. area to watch a game around a bunch of crazy Bengal fans while eating Skyline. Now if the Bengals had won that day (instead of getting whipped by Pgh) it would have been perfect!  Here's a thought: since Colorado has legalized **ahem** somebody enterprising could make lots of $$$ off the late night munchie crowd and introduce a whole new food to that area.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 07:31 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I make my own Skyline. Just buy the chili and the cheese at the grocer and your're set. Also, it's cheaper and it tastes better. (I like my dogs grilled). Not too worried about the game. Even if disaster strikes we have 4 other chances to get over the curse before it matters.

Please get over the curse BS.  The Bengals beat Denver on Monday Night Football last year then followed that up with playing pretty good at Pittsburgh, only to lose at the end.  It's amazing we were even able to compete in that game on the road with such a depleted roster.

For crying out loud let the prime time crap go, it's over.
Reply/Quote
We're here in CO as well. It will be canned Skyline 4 ways before the game tonight.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 10:59 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Please get over the curse BS.  The Bengals beat Denver on Monday Night Football last year then followed that up with playing pretty good at Pittsburgh, only to lose at the end.  It's amazing we were even able to compete in that game on the road with such a depleted roster.

For crying out loud let the prime time crap go, it's over.

Although I feel like this was a harsh way to get your point across, I agree. This team is going to make a statement to the league tonight.  (as if they haven't made enough of those this season) 

Double digit Primetime win for the world to see later this evening. Bank on it. 

Reply/Quote

We've lived in CO for almost 10 years.  Our local King Sooper's (which is Krogers) has cans of Skyline.  Not the same as getting it at the restaurant, but you don't have to go without.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 04:48 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I feel exactly the same way.  The Browns always play us tough and it's primetime.  Makes me nervous as hell Confused

Get a hold of yourself!

[Image: airplane-slap-o.gif]
Reply/Quote