Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't believe we could wind up facing the Texans again
I can't believe there's a chance this could happen, but it's a real possibility. They've already demonstrated they can lock us down in our own house. Given this last game, and our playoff history with them - I am not excited about the prospect of facing them again.

Limit the stupid penalties and dropped passes, and they shouldn't be a problem.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
it's possible in the divisional round. we'll likely see denver twice as opposed to houston.
Reply/Quote
It's probably equally likely that they lose a few games and miss the playoffs, or lose before seeing us in the playoffs.

I wouldn't stress out about it. There are 5 more weeks of football, and much will change.
Reply/Quote
Before I saw this thread, I filled out ESPN's playoff machine and it had us facing the Texans in the WC round. The Broncos and Bengals finished 13-3, but the Broncos got the BYE thanks to winning our game.

Of course, anything could happen with 5 games left. If this team truly is different, we shouldn't be too worried about which team we draw. A championship caliber team beats the Texans at home in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Before I saw this thread, I filled out ESPN's playoff machine and it had us facing the Texans in the WC round. The Broncos and Bengals finished 13-3, but the Broncos got the BYE thanks to winning our game.

Of course, anything could happen with 5 games left. If this team truly is different, we shouldn't be too worried about which team we draw. A championship caliber team beats the Texans at home in the playoffs.

I agree. A championship quality team doesn't lose to a #6 caliber team at home twice in a season.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really worried about the Texans. It was nothing that team did that really beat us. Rather, it was the Bengals beating themselves. Stupid penalties, shoddy play calling on offense and defense, and poor execution. If we play them again I have no doubt the Bengals will beat them easily.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:02 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm not really worried about the Texans. It was nothing that team did that really beat us. Rather, it was the Bengals beating themselves. Stupid penalties, shoddy play calling on offense and defense, and poor execution. If we play them again I have no doubt the Bengals will beat them easily.

This. We beat ourselves that game. JJ Watt definitely gets in Andy's head though...For sure.

Plus, we had several starters on D out that game.

I'd rather meet them again rather than Denver! Buuuuut, if they played the PO game in Denver, I would definitely go!
Reply/Quote
I would welcome that game. The Bengals would have plenty of fire in them to avenge the last performance... It would also be in Cincinnati, in the elements, against a Texas team that plays in a dome.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:39 AM)Utts Wrote: I can't believe there's a chance this could happen, but it's a real possibility. They've already demonstrated they can lock us down in our own house. Given this last game, and our playoff history with them - I am not excited about the prospect of facing them again.

Limit the stupid penalties and dropped passes, and they shouldn't be a problem.

Our team is a little intimidated by JJ Watt.  We need to get over that.  Also, Winston was starting at RT.  Hopefully that won't be the case next time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we face them again it'll be another 1 n done. 

They have our number
Reply/Quote
We will get them at home - it will be diff this year Wink

It will be paybacks.

Guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
Only way we beat Houston is it Dalton keeps his composure in the pocket. The Texans have the blueprint to beat us and they've showed us far too many times for me. I'd rather face anyone else.
Reply/Quote
Let's bet
$100
Reply/Quote
If we do, they'll beat us again.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:16 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Our team is a little intimidated by JJ Watt.  We need to get over that.  Also, Winston was starting at RT.  Hopefully that won't be the case next time.

I don't know.  It seems like he has been the beneficiary of  going against pretty back backups each of the last two games:  Marshall Newhouse and Eric Winston, who was out of the league when the Bengals signed him.  He wasn't doing anything against Whit, so he lined up over Winston to get his pressure.  

I would love the chance to have Andy shove the stupid red rider BB gun comment up his arse.  Andy wouldn't say anything, but I am sure he would be pretty pumped.  

I doubt it ends up happening, but I would love to see them come here in Rd 2.  
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:16 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Our team is a little intimidated by JJ Watt.  We need to get over that.  Also, Winston was starting at RT.  Hopefully that won't be the case next time.

I dunno. I think Andre is a bad match for him, for whatever reason. He went down in the first quarter in 2014 and our bench made Watt look like a scrub. Dalton helped with his quick release, but the backups did well keeping Watt at bay.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:12 AM):2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: I agree.  A championship quality team doesn't lose to a #6 caliber team at home twice in a season.

Too be the best you gotta beat the best. Looks like hill starting to get his wheels going the offense is clicking. Patriots are beatable we seen that last night, Broncos in few weeks if we beat them we control our own fate.  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

Meh, we beat them last year in Houston, I think we play them again with Andre, we win

Reply/Quote
Anyone but the Steelers. Hopefully they don't make the playoff's. I think they are the one team nobody want's to face.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 11:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: Anyone but the Steelers. Hopefully they don't make the playoff's. I think they are the one team nobody want's to face.

546 yards and lose, but if their defense starts clicking they be dangerous. 

Reply/Quote