Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't find with Google
Many times I post questions here that I could easily research myself, but I just think they may lead to some interesting coversations. But this time I have a question that I have not been able to answer.

TV producer Chuck Barris who created the hits "The Dating Game", "The Newlywed Game", and "The Gong Show" wrote an autobiography called "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" in which he claimed that he had worked for many years as an assassin for the CIA. At one point he claimed that he made up the part about being a CIA agent, but at other times he claimed he just said that to protect himself. The book includes lots of details about his missions for the CIA and there are even photographs of the people he claimed were other CIA agents.

Of course I don't believe that Barris was an agent for the CIA, but I was curious who the people in the photographs really were. So I tried to find out on line and came up empty. I just find that interesting.

BTW the book is actually very well written. They made a movie out of it. It was the first film George Clooney directed.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Many times I post questions here that I could easily research myself, but I just think they may lead to some interesting coversations.  But this time I have a question that I have not been able to answer.

TV producer Chuck Barris who created the hits "The Dating Game", "The Newlywed Game", and "The Gong Show" wrote an autobiography called "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" in which he claimed that he had worked for many years as an assassin for the CIA.  At one point he claimed that he made up the part about being a CIA agent, but at other times he claimed he just said that to protect himself.   The book includes lots of details about his missions for the CIA and there are even photographs of the people he claimed were other CIA agents.

Of course I don't believe that Barris was an agent for the CIA, but I was curious who the people in the photographs really were.  So I tried to find out on line and came up empty.  I just find that interesting.

BTW the book is actually very well written.  They made a movie out of it.  It was the first film George Clooney directed.

I saw it in the theater, and it was hysterical.  My two friends and I were rolling in laughter, with the remainder of the audience having no clue what the hell was going on with all of it or how to react.  Rockwell was a genius in the role...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I saw it in the theater, and it was hysterical.  My two friends and I were rolling in laughter, with the remainder of the audience having no clue what the hell was going on with all of it or how to react.  Rockwell was a genius in the role...

I have never seen the movie, but I bet it is good.  Charlie Kaufman wrote the script.
Reply/Quote